PDA

View Full Version : Z06 and traction control

mattletourneau
02-25-2004, 02:48 PM
Last fall when my 03 was bone stock I beat a bone stock ZO6 and now the guy is telling everyone that he had his traction control on. My ? because I don't know the ZO6 but both of us were smokin the tires at the get go according to both passengers in our cars. If he had the traction control on that wouldn't be possible to totally smoke the tires, right? I had him until about 110 or so by a solid car length and then we started to close in near the time we ran out of open road. He's challenged me to another race once his traction control is off. Maybe he's pist that he spent 15K more than I did or maybe he did forget to shot it off. Bottom line is he's telling everyone his side of the story.

Hazman
02-25-2004, 05:32 PM
No you cannot smoke the tires in a Z06 with traction control on. This is from experience driving a Z06 not just an opinion. A stock Z06 should pull a stock 03 Cobra but as has been said on here many times the most important car part is the nut behind the wheel. Sounds like he got beat by a better driver.:thumbsup:

cobracrazy
02-27-2004, 10:57 PM
I agree with mattletourneau, with both cars stock it is a drivers race with a small advantage to the vette. I have driven both cars and think they are very close in performance.

You got him. He can talk all he wants. He lost. Personally I would leave the score alone and let him make excuses. No second chances. Simply smile.

BTW: My parents have a cnvt vette and my Mom asks to trade cars all the time. LOL

Put on a nice exhaust and CAI and call the Z06 back....

Hazman
02-27-2004, 11:09 PM
If the guy learns how to drive you better do more than a CAI and some exhaust. A stock Z06 puts out 350 rwhp and only weighs 3000 lbs. That is 600 lbs. less than an 03-04 Cobra. It takes a lot of HP to overcome that. Stock to Stock on street tires with the drivers equal the Z wins every time!!

Change the pulley, CAI, exhaust and a good dyno tune and the Cobra will be back in the game.