PDA

View Full Version : Production date and VIN help please!

N A Rush
02-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Production date and VIN help please!

I was recently having a conversation with my 9 year old who has expressed an interest in my passion of Mustang.

What I would like to do is find a Cobra that was manufactured the same day she was born, Jan 5, 1995.

Would anyone have a database with the VIN's that were produced that day or would anyone have one that was produced around that date to help me narrow the search down?

I was able to find

#1570 born 2/1/95
#1431 born 1/27/95

on another forum but was wondering if anyone could help me get closer to 1/5/95?

TIA
Eric

jkrkk1
03-04-2004, 12:47 AM
That would be really cool if you can find what you are looking for, I settled for just finding my 95 black convertible because my oldest daughter was born that year. If you can find the actual production date of your daughters birthdate, wow.

On a further note, my car is stock, and I will keep it that way with the exception of a 3.55 gear, soon to be installed. My question would be what is the best timing for this car. Factory says 10, when I bought the car it was set at 14. I backed it off to 12. The car is hard starting the first time you crank it, back off and hit the key again and instant startup. Does anybody have any suggestions on the hard starting and on the timing. How much differece will I feel from the 3.55. I had a 90 LX 5.0 years ago, and I'd say that it was quicker off the line than my 95 cobra. It runs strong, just not cat quick like I expected.
Thanks and God Bless

Black Snake
03-08-2004, 12:03 AM
For the VIN and born on date question, Iím not aware of any place that would have a list of every Cobra produced in 1995. Even if you did find a VIN, I have no clue how you would then track the car down. Give SVT a call and see what they say.

For the second question, timing on every car will be different. There is no magic number to cover all cars. Back when I was NA, mine was happy at 16* (no pinging). But a friends 94 was only happy with 14* (he had a lot more miles on his car). Advance the timing until you just start to hear some detonation and then back it off 2*. For ballpark numbers you can get away with 14-16.

On the hard start problem, how many miles on the car and how often to do currently drive the car? When was the last time you did a tune-up? What is the condition of the battery? Check the basics first.

As far as the gears are concerned, I would have went with 3.73ís. They would give you a larger kick in the seat.

venomous
03-08-2004, 12:15 AM
I always thought it would be cool to find the build #'s of other 94 cobras close to mine. Like mine are Build # 4830 of 5009 and Build #3524 of 5009, I would like to find #4829, #4831 and #3523, #3525. Would be tight!:cool:

Aaron94
03-08-2004, 06:00 PM
#3564... kinda close. :thumbsup:

jkrkk1
03-13-2004, 09:41 PM
For the VIN and born on date question, Iím not aware of any place that would have a list of every Cobra produced in 1995. Even if you did find a VIN, I have no clue how you would then track the car down. Give SVT a call and see what they say.

For the second question, timing on every car will be different. There is no magic number to cover all cars. Back when I was NA, mine was happy at 16* (no pinging). But a friends 94 was only happy with 14* (he had a lot more miles on his car). Advance the timing until you just start to hear some detonation and then back it off 2*. For ballpark numbers you can get away with 14-16.

On the hard start problem, how many miles on the car and how often to do currently drive the car? When was the last time you did a tune-up? What is the condition of the battery? Check the basics first.

As far as the gears are concerned, I would have went with 3.73ís. They would give you a larger kick in the seat.

63000 miles, I purchased the car on Jan. 2nd and have put less than 250 miles on it. I need to put fresh gas in it, injection cleaner is ready to go in and I have a new rotor and cap to put on. The timing was at 14, I backed it off to 12, so you think I should go to 16 unless there is ping? It turns over good and strong, just doesn't fire the first time you crank it.
Thanks and God Bless

Greg
03-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Mine was built on 1/19/95 and my vehichle number is 1068.

93Cobra#2771
04-13-2004, 03:56 PM
Yep, I'd guess it would be easier to go through SVT and try to get them to at least give you the production numbers for that date in particular. I doubt that they will give you vin#'s but they might be willing to give your "car #XXXX-#XXXX was produced on that particular date.

Stavesacre21
04-25-2004, 02:03 AM
Yep, I'd guess it would be easier to go through SVT and try to get them to at least give you the production numbers for that date in particular. I doubt that they will give you vin#'s but they might be willing to give your "car #XXXX-#XXXX was produced on that particular date.That would indeed be quite interesting to see what SVT would do about it. Like many of us enthusiants, they understand the driving passion behind productions numbers. As mentioend, I don't know as though they would be able to give you VIN numbers, but I'll almost gaurantee they could tell you the numbers and how many rolled off the floor on 1/5/95. Who knows...they could possiably slip you a few numbers - they seem to understand the love for Cobras better then anyone! (duh)

That would be impressive though...very much so actually. Imagine if you were able to store it away and cover it until like, say January 5th of 2011. Yea, that would be the ULTIMATE sweet 16! Granted that a girl wouldn't get too worked up, but knowin that she'd be driving a car that is LITERALLY has old as her (to the very day), it'd be enough to bring a smile to my face! That would be the biggest :thumbsup: ever!

Nevertheless, Good Luck on our journey buddy. That's a killer goal to shoot for!