PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: New Engine or suggestions

racinjason
02-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Alright folks, I need some help here. If I don't rebuild this engine, where can I get a cheap engine to replace the old one?
-jason

cobrabitn
02-27-2004, 09:16 PM
You are not ging to believe this but if my 94 goes, I want to find a wrecked 03-04 and swap out the drivetrain and electronics to put back in.

racinjason
02-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Tony, I have thought about doing the same thing. Well, at least the engine and transmission. I would keep my live axle. I posted a thread about installing an 03 s/c on my mystic and Mr Crews did not like that idea. I know he's right, it will be a challenge (and probably expensive) but I think it would be cheaper than buying a centrifugal. I can't seem to find a centrifugal at a cheap price... my wife is keeping me on a tight budget.

tcrews
02-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Actually it'd be a lot cheaper to go with a centrifugal blower than to piece an '03 blower setup on to your car. The blower unit is cheap...it's the rest of the stuff that is going to nickle and dime you to death. Now only are you needing to replace your heads but you are needing all the little misc. stuff that goes with the blower (that NOBODY is selling because they need it when they upgrade thier stock blower). The intercooler, the tubing/plumbing, the wiring, etc... all add up since you'll be buying them from FORD. It's expensive....would be cheaper to buy an '03 longblock than rebuilding your block and making an '03 blower work on it.

It can be done....it's been done.....it's just a whole lot more expensive than you are thinking it's going to be.