PDA

View Full Version : water

boostedstang
03-01-2004, 07:28 PM
took my raditor cap off and start the car and the water was bubbling. It is a 99 cobra. I just had the motor re done and it has about 1300 miles on it. In my 5.0 this would mean a blown head gasket. Is this the same for 4.6. There is no water in the oil. Dose not look like it is burning water. Any ideals. Thanks

smashedheadcat
03-01-2004, 07:38 PM
It probably wasn't "burped" properly. This supposedly is a big deal, and one of the main reasons True Blue Performance wanted to be the first ones to start my car. They serviced the cooling system completely through the bung on the cooling tube that runs in front of the intake. The poured coolant in very slowly and started the car. They had the reservoir cap off, and they kept slowly dumping coolant in the tube. Eventually it started filling up the reservoir. They filled it and filled it til it quit bubbling. It took about 20 minutes or so to get it to quit bubbling. Maybe this is the case????

Josh

boostedstang
03-01-2004, 08:05 PM
maybe but don't you think after that many miles the motor would have all the air out of the system?

tcrews
03-02-2004, 08:20 AM
You have to "remove" the air from the system, it won't do it just because you put miles on the car. The cooling system has to be flushed and refilled properly otherwise the air is "trapped" in the system.