PDA

View Full Version : D/FW Area

Jesse99
03-03-2004, 12:20 AM
Hi, My name is Jesse I'm new to the site and was wondering if there was any gatherings here in the Dallas/ Ft Worth area.. I'm a new owner to a 99 cobra conv. I upgraded from a 98 GT conv.. I still haven't got used to the cobra (Too many years and memorys with the GT) Anyway I would like to meet other cobra owners and hear some of there feedback and ideas on upgrades.. Thanks

97CasperCobra
03-03-2004, 12:35 AM
Welcome Jesse....while there may not be many members up in the Dallas/FW area, I hope that'll change when we have our Austin cruise. There's a group from Dallas coming down for it so maybe you can cruise down with them(provided you can make the trip). I'd really like to start getting people signed up with SCMC from Dallas as there's a HUGE well of Cobra owners up there. Hope you can make it to Austin. :thumbsup:

Andy M
03-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Jesse,

Welcome aboard man!!!

hey, if you are not doing anything this weekend, drop in at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson TX (just south of Fort Worth between Benbrook and Granbury) for the NASA open track/race event. A few SCMC folks will be there. Just look for a 2000 R and a white Cobra... Joe Johnson (R owner) and Stan will be there for sure. I unfortunately cannot make it this time, otherwise I WOULD be there.

Hope to meet you and the rest of the DFW Cobra crew soon?....

coleman
03-03-2004, 07:56 AM
i reside in the DFW area.

in fact, we're having a MOD GTG party Saturday.
quite a few '03/04 cobra owners are going to be getting together.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82595

we also have a GTG for this evening, 7pm @ Fox & Hound off 75 on Campbell -- weather will suck, but a few of us will be there.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82978

Add your contact information to the "Texas Contact List Forum".

the cruise has already been mentioned.

oh, i'll try to swing by MSR this weekend :thumbsup:

Jesse99
03-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks everyone.. I'm hoping to make it to the Austin Cruise.. I have family there.. I also have Family in San Antonio, and whenever possible, I try to make a trip there (at least once a month).. My father-in-law lives in West Columbia (south west of Houston) I'm planing on making a trip there this summer.. And Coleman Thanks for the info, if your ever around and want to cruise, just give me a yell.. Again thanks everone for making me feel at home.. I can't wait to meet all of ya..

Levi
03-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Jesse99
Thanks everyone.. I'm hoping to make it to the Austin Cruise.. I have family there.. I also have Family in San Antonio, and whenever possible, I try to make a trip there (at least once a month).. My father-in-law lives in West Columbia (south west of Houston) I'm planing on making a trip there this summer.. And Coleman Thanks for the info, if your ever around and want to cruise, just give me a yell.. Again thanks everone for making me feel at home.. I can't wait to meet all of ya..

If you make it out to MSR this weekend, make sure you come over and say hi.:thumbsup:

Stan

Jesse99
03-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Levi
If you make it out to MSR this weekend, make sure you come over and say hi.:thumbsup:

Stan

Thanks, Can I have more info on the MSR.. (Location, time) Again Thanks

Levi
03-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Thanks, Can I have more info on the MSR.. (Location, time) Again Thanks

The Motorsport Ranch is approximatley 14 minutes southwest of Ft. Worth, Texas. Proceed south on Highway 377 from Fort Worth. After 14 miles (from Loop 820) you will come to a traffic light at the intersection of Highway 171 in the town of Cresson. Proceed straight through the light approximately 1/2 mile further. The entrance to the MotorSport Ranch is on the left, just before the divided highway begins. Turn left onto the access road and proceed to the top of the hill.

All day Sat and Sun.

Carl G
03-03-2004, 06:50 PM
welcome aboard Jessie, hope you can make the Austin cruise. If you need any info this is a great place to get it and a great group of people who are always willing to help. Glad you are here,

Jesse99
03-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks, "Levi" I just have a few more questions (Sorry for being a pain in the a**) but what's the cost, I mean do I need to be a Member or get a membership or anything.. And thanks "Carl G" This place is great everyone is real friendly and helpful..

Spiffy668
03-03-2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah, there are a few of us up here. :thumbsup:

Jesse99
03-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Hi, Spiffy668.. I see you have the same type of car I do.. I also have a 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible.. Is it stock? Any Mods? I'm wanting to add some stuff to my car but not sure to what I can do.. It's easier to find things for a GT than a Cobra, or at least that is so far..

coleman
03-04-2004, 02:01 AM
if you want to see a few awesome area cobras, go to the Dallas Auto Show ... ends this Sunday.
btw, my car is there :thumbsup:

Levi
03-04-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks, "Levi" I just have a few more questions (Sorry for being a pain in the a**) but what's the cost, I mean do I need to be a Member or get a membership or anything.. And thanks "Carl G" This place is great everyone is real friendly and helpful..

It just takes money............You should just come out and visit with us and see how it all works. The AI group/racers will be competing this weekend,s hould be alot going on.

Now remember you need to be ready for this, you just cant jump out on track and run. You are not going tobe running around cones in a parking lot at 50 mph. This is driver school with instructors on a real road course, at speeds of 100+ mph , some track like TWS 150 mph on the straights.

Check out these web site's.
http://www.thedriversedge.net/
http://www.motorsportranch.com/
http://www.nasatx.com/main.asp

Jesse99
03-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Thanks "Levi" I'll try to make it out there.. Also I don't plan on just jumping into something I never done.. I never ran on a road course track only a Quarter-Mile Strip.. I just want to get to know people a learn all I can from them (If there willing to teach) And "coleman" I'm going to have to check your car out at the Dallas Auto Show.. Again thanks everyone..