PDA

View Full Version : Cold air intake system for '01

sssvtcobra
03-07-2004, 04:09 AM
Hello everybody, I am new here and thought I would say Hi.

I do have one question, I am wanting to purchase a new intake system for my car. Just not sure which one to buy. I saw in another thread that BadMoFo was going to get rid of his BBK unit and possibly buy the WMS system. I was considering the BBK unit or the WMS system until I read what BadMoFo wrote. If anybody could give me first hand experiences with either one or their suggestions that would be great. My car is stock except for MM coilover kit w/ bilsteins for the front and rear.

Thank you in advance

I am very pleased to be part of such a great club, everybody seems to be very informative and kind.

smashedheadcat
03-07-2004, 01:38 PM
I believe that all of them will be very very close when it comes to numbers. Pick one that fits your price range, and one that you think looks good. You won't be dissapointed with any of them I wouldn't think.

Josh

BadMoFo
03-07-2004, 03:01 PM
I dont suggest the BBK CAI. Like you probably read in my other post it has rusted and started to chip. I am sure that if you took care of it it would always look nice but whoever owned this cobra before me didnt know how to properly care for a car. But also on top of that it gets very hot while driving. I had some threads going on stangnet and the corral I will try to dig up for you, lots of good advice over there.

Josh