PDA

View Full Version : anyone have mm polyurathane irs bushings?

BadMoFo
03-08-2004, 08:14 PM
just wondering if anyone has mm polyurathane irs bushings. I am about to have them installed and need to know how much to pay? also how hard is the install and how long did it take? thanks

moonlt
03-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Had the speed shop install them -- 4 hours. They are a pain to put in, especially the front two. Haven't raced yet, so I can't say how effective they are, but the rear end is definitely stiffer and there is some more noise/vibration on the ride.

Jeff
SCMC 00793
#813 of 3867 (5/7/01)
Magnaflow catted X/catback w/Bassani baffles; March UDPs; C&L 80 MAF kit; 180* T-Stat; FRPP 3.73s; ’03 alum flywheel & clutch; Tri-ax; PST DS; ’03 IRS pinion cross brace; Steeda IRS pinion bushings; MM IRS subframe bushings, MM C/C plates, MM coilovers (Bilstein/Hypercoil), MM full length SFCs; KB rear shock tower brace (welded); Bridgestone SO-3 PPs; Russell SS brake lines; FR500 steering wheel; hood mod (functional vent)

Firme
03-17-2004, 12:26 AM
I have to agree with Jeff..

I installed mine a couple of weeks ago with the help of a mechanic friend and a lift. Doing the MM Poly IRS Bushing and the MM Rear Poly upper and lower Control arm bushing took about 6 hours (also did a oil change and the steeda sway bar in that time frame).

People I know get them installed anywhere from $250-400.

It made a HUGE difference to me (i think the combo irs and control arm bushing work well). The car launches SOOOO much better. The car accelerates on the highway with a downshit dump SOOO much better. The turn are ALOT more stable, its like you know what the back of the car is doing, and I can barely get a squeel out of tire taking corners alot faster than I used to..

Its a labor intensive install but WELL worth it.

The down side, is that the car will be stiffer and more abrupt. You will also hear your suspension (noisier). But that stuff isn't bothersome enough to phase me.