PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder looks ready for TWS - or how not to transport food in your car!

Bartman01
03-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Spent the day gutting the Pathfinder. Back carpet/pad out, back seat bottoms out, front seats out (driver seat back in temp), center console out, lower dash and radio out, and finally carpet out. Still need to remove all the lower interior trim in the rear, but that will have to wait a cpl weeks when I have time. That has to be the hardest carpet I have ever removed from the car. The front is closed in by the dash supports and is one solid piece (a one inch wide loop). I think when I put it back in I will cut it and just hope it stays (or staple it back together).

Long story short - we had a crock pot half full of meatballs/sauce in the back and the combo turn/accel/transition from parking lot to street upset it just enough to turn it over. The carpet and pad acted as a filter and let the liqid fat/grease through to meander its way about the car.

Rear carpet and pad are probably trash. Main cabin carpet seems fine since the little that leaked down through the channels just got on the underside of the passenger floor rubber pad. It is going to sit and air out for about a week and a half before I start figuring out what needs to be replaced. My biggest fear is that some leaked down into unreachable places in the back that will take some time to stop smelling.

:mad:

Firme
03-09-2004, 12:22 AM
that almost made me puke...sorry to hear you have to go through that trouble Bart.

03 cobra toy
03-09-2004, 11:30 AM
:jawdrop:

Mystic Cobra
03-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Jeez Bart that sounds like an absolute mess.

But tell us the truth, did you scoop the stuff back into the crock pot, continue on to where you were going and serve the stuff for dinner??? Did the 5 second rule apply?

Sorry just trying to bring some humor to a bad situation. :(