PDA

View Full Version : I'm Engaged!

SVTCobra97
03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
I proprosed this past weekend to my girl (and she said yes)!

Story:

This past friday, she recieved a note saying what she needed to pack and that she had to meet me outside her apt. at 330am Sat morning. I sealed up the entire back seat of an explorer so that she couldn't see out any of the windows. I then drove her all the way down to Gatlinberg, TN in the Smokey Mtns (from Dayton, OH ,,,, about 5.5 hrs). She then found out we were in the Smokeys and we hiked to the very top of the Chimney Tops trail. At the top, I got down on a knee and proposed. Absolutely gorgeous view! It had been very cloudy and crappy all morning, but as soon as we reached the top, the sun came out (perfect timing!). We spent the rest of Sat in Gatlinberg celebrating. We saw two nice saleens cruising the strip (1 white 93? adn 1 red 95?) Sat night we were in a hotel room with a jaccuzi and went to Ripley's Aquarium (awesome place) sunday morning after hitting up some great pancakes for breakfast.

We've known each other for 3.5 years and we are about to both graduate from the University of Dayton in May.

She absolutely LOVED the entire set up and every penny I spent this past weekend was well worth it. Although it is kind of depressing thinking that I could have bought a supercharger, headers, h-pipe, cat-back, and had it all installed for about the same price;;; but who's keeping track!:D

Just thought I'd share. Hope you enjoyed my story!
:bounce: :bounce: :banana: :bounce: :bounce:

nckissfan
03-10-2004, 05:24 PM
that's great to hear, I hope the best for you! The smokies are a great place to "pop" the question. I honeymooned up in Dillsboro, NC. That is on the other side of the mountains from Gatlinburg, TN. So, good choice!

venomous
03-10-2004, 05:55 PM
Congratulations!!!!Glad she said yes! When's the wedding day? :thumbsup:

SVTCobra97
03-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the congrats!

The wedding won't be for about 1.5 years because she has to go on a 1 year medical internship. .... but i'm sure she'll try to plan one sooner!:D

cobrabitn
03-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Congrats! Don't look at it as you could have had....look at it as she is in a profession that will generate a lot of revenue for your habit....lol.

Seriously, the best to you and your life long friend!

cowboyharry
03-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Dang I wish I had known you was gonna do that. I would have sold you a dimond ring at a good deal. :p