PDA

View Full Version : H.I.D. lights

Dave B.
03-11-2004, 01:15 AM
There is a kit set of real H.I.D. lights that fit into the stock headlight bulb hole. they sell for $385

Has anyone put a set of these in an 03 cobra? if so, did you they fit without any modifiacation? I would like to get a set so long as I dont have to tear up the stock light fixture to make it fit,,,,talk to me folks,,,

Aaron94
03-20-2004, 04:43 PM
There is a kit set of real H.I.D. lights that fit into the stock headlight bulb hole. they sell for $385

Has anyone put a set of these in an 03 cobra? if so, did you they fit without any modifiacation? I would like to get a set so long as I dont have to tear up the stock light fixture to make it fit,,,,talk to me folks,,,

Do you have a link on the web to these lights? i just recently installed HIDs, and i like them a lot. i believe they are the same as you are talking about. they are just a bulb that you put in the stock housing. they came with a separate balast, which is a small box, that holds the charge for the lights. i think the best place to mount these, which i will move mine to soon is inside the fenderwell. on each side of the car, inside the fender at the very front corner there is a nice flat surface for the balasts. when i move mine, i will try to take some pictures to show you where i put them. right now one is zip tied to the good spot on the passenger side, and zip tied behind the light housing on the driver side, which really works, but doenst look as nice as i would like it to. this is all on a 94, which has the same fender structure, but behind the light housings might be differnt. all in all i like the lights, they look cool, and work better than stock.

Dave B.
03-21-2004, 04:09 AM
Well, I just found out that with that H.I.D. kit there is no high beam. I cant have that man, I must have a high beam as my wife drives the car, do you know of another way? the other thing I would like to find is maybe a H.I.D. fog/projector light that is not the stupid price of $1500,

Aaron94
03-21-2004, 04:56 AM
yea no more high beam, but honestly i dont think i need it. the HID really lights up the signs way better, as it shows up on the reflectors better. they should make a similar HID kit for the fogs too? ask that company you found.