PDA

View Full Version : My Wheel search, what a pain

Dave B.
03-16-2004, 02:30 AM
Is there any place in the contry where I can order a set of 18X9 front and 18X10.5 rear.

and have it be a company that actuly cares about making there customer happy with the deal??

and dont say Ebay, I just went through a giant mess with Ebay. every one on Ebay wants to dictate the terms to the point I cannot deal with.

There is a place in Ca, called AFS and they make a good wheel but they insist the wheels be compleatly paid for, then when THEY FEEL like it some time in the next several days they will ship them out only one way and one way only UPS ground(never)

I tried to explain to them that where I live UPS sucks, I have never had a correct UPS delivery EVER! I told them I would pay up front to have FedEx come there to pick them up. NOPE! they will not hear of it, so I dont know what I am going to do, if anyone knows where I can just call and order the wheel sizes I listed above please let me know.

Aaron94
03-20-2004, 03:05 PM
what kind of wheels are you looking for? i know a friend of mine has ordered tires from www.tirerack.com before, and didnt have any complaints. check out the SSR GT3 wheels, they have exactly what you want, the 18x9 and 18x10.5. those are great looking wheels in my opinion. other than that if you have $$$ burning a hole in your pocket check out www.hrewheels.com, for the price of those wheels (about 1000 A PIECE) you should have them deliver them personally... check out the 547 style though, they are beautiful. i saw them on a 99 cobra a long time ago, 19", best looking wheels. hope this helps...

spittincobra01
03-20-2004, 05:21 PM
also try AFSWheels.com oops, just noticed you already tried them. how abot Gene Evans Ford?

tnturbo
03-23-2004, 02:56 PM
A friend of mine is selling his SSR GT3s 18x9.5 front 18x10.5 rear with 295 rear and 265 front BFG KD tires. Whole setup bought new from tire rack for $3400 everything has less than 150 miles on it. Selling for $2500 http://www.highperformancetoys.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=88925#post88925 go to www.gkidd.com for pictures

ghkidd
03-23-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm the one with the SSR's for sale, taking a huge loss on them but I gotta sell them.

I am looking to deliver them personally, I had to ship 2 of them back to tirerack because they were damaged in shipping. I dont want to go thru that mess again. So hopefully buyer is in the SouthEast

spittincobra01
03-23-2004, 05:17 PM
ghkidd,
I just checked out your site, nice looking car! You are aware that SVT did NOT use a base 4.6 DOHC and just add a s/c right? The 03/04 DOHC's are the only ones with a cast iron block vs the earlier mod motors having an aluminum block and being n/a. Ford says it was a durability issue, but there are pleanty of BIG hp cars up to 1200 hp at the wheels running on the aluminum block so most of us believe it was more of a cost containment deal.

Aaron94
03-25-2004, 03:01 PM
A friend of mine may be interested in the wheels/tires in about a month if they arent sold yet, but he is in CA, so i dont think you want to deliver them here. =) also, are they really 9.5" in the front, or 8.5"? its kind of hard to tell in the pic, but are they the type with polished lip and gun metal type centers?