PDA

View Full Version : new '04 owner

ron
03-16-2004, 07:25 PM
HI to all the SCMC members who read this thread. I've just purchased a 2004 SVT Cobra convertable in redfire clearcoat metallic with dark charcoal interior accents. I,m 45 years old and have longed for a Shelby Cobra Mustang of the 60,s and 70's era since I was a teenager. This is as close to that dream as I could ever hope for. But an '04 SVT Cobra is not a bad second choice.(Now that's an understatement!!!) I'm looking forward to future post where I,ll be asking for some knowledgeable advice from you experienced SVT owners on everything from maintenance to engine upgrades. My goal is 500hp at the wheels with bolt-ons.
Thanks,
USMSL
P.S. The above is my plate. What does ir stand for?

97whitevert
03-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi and welcome! have you joined this club yet? the best $15 you can spend!
ok the plate- us missile? us marine ? ? not a clue.... :D

ron
03-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Lisa, Thanks for the reply. It was late when I sent my post. I just noticed some typos, including my plate. It actually reads USMSCL. Now you can figure it out. Sorry! Ron

Mystic Cobra
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
HI to all the SCMC members who read this thread. I've just purchased a 2004 SVT Cobra convertable in redfire clearcoat metallic with dark charcoal interior accents. I,m 45 years old and have longed for a Shelby Cobra Mustang of the 60,s and 70's era since I was a teenager. This is as close to that dream as I could ever hope for. But an '04 SVT Cobra is not a bad second choice.(Now that's an understatement!!!) I'm looking forward to future post where I,ll be asking for some knowledgeable advice from you experienced SVT owners on everything from maintenance to engine upgrades. My goal is 500hp at the wheels with bolt-ons.
Thanks,
USMSL

Hello Ron Welcome to SCMC. :thumbsup:

Love the Redfire, and just remember you just purchased the FASTEST PRODUCTION MUSTANG.....EVER MADE! :D

The expert Cobra folks here will get to to 500hp in no time. It only takes two things (1) follow thier advice and (2) open your checkbook. :cool:

This is not just a great Forum it's a great club!

Now Zaino that Refire and drive it like you stole it....

Oh, and it's U.S. Muscle (or I'm a complete idiot which is entirely possible).

ron
03-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Jeff, Thanks for the welcome. The mystic chrome is sweet but I couldn't find one.

Ron

davelegguy
03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
I am a few months ahead of you in the modification scene and a far cry from being an expert. (there are some hardcore road racers in the south central forum) I have added the full st of kenny brown chassi stiffeners full bassani exhaust steeda shifter with a pro5.0 handle on it and added a kenne bell blower with a 15 lb pulley I have 514 rwhp and 486 rwt on pump gas lord knows that there are all sorts of ways to exploit the potential of this great engine it begs for more boost. the kenny brown stuff made a huge difference (I have an 03 sonic blue convertable) have fun :bounce: :bounce:

Firme
03-17-2004, 06:32 PM
American Muscle :thumbsup:

welcome to the boards ron. The potential you have there is limitless. We got a great bunch here. :bounce:

97whitevert
03-17-2004, 08:08 PM
NOW ya tell me--- geez * american muscle* that was easy once ya put in ALL the letters!! :rotf: again WELCOME!!! :bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup:

Cheyne
03-18-2004, 02:31 PM
I'm also throwing my hat in the ring. I just picked up my 2004 SVT Cobra Coupe which is Redfire. Today was the first and last drive on the street. Starting on Saturday it will go under the knife to be converted in to a SCCA Touring 1 race car. I hope to take it to Gateway for the SCCA National on May 1st and 2nd. I will be documenting the conversion (not a lot to it) and the season on my web site, www.daggettracing.com.

Cheyne Daggett
Daggett Racing

Mystic Cobra
03-18-2004, 08:05 PM
I'm also throwing my hat in the ring. I just picked up my 2004 SVT Cobra Coupe which is Redfire. Today was the first and last drive on the street. Starting on Saturday it will go under the knife to be converted in to a SCCA Touring 1 race car. I hope to take it to Gateway for the SCCA National on May 1st and 2nd. I will be documenting the conversion (not a lot to it) and the season on my web site, www.daggettracing.com.

Cheyne Daggett
Daggett Racing

Welcome aboard Cheyne! Wow going from an Oldsmobile to a Cobra, that's a big change! These Terminators are fun cars. You're sure to get good advice here about how to modify the beast.

Good luck in your racing
:thumbsup:

MikeyC
06-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi

I, too, just purchased a 2004 Redfire convertable!! Picked it up on May 15 and headed for Ocean City, MD a week later for some sun and golf. 2nd Mustang (traded a Z28 in on a 5.0 in 1985. Just had to get a clutch in a car). The GT is NOTHING like this new one. Awesome power. I'm turning 60 in a few months and didn't want "Never Had a Convertable" on my tombstone. Not going to do much in the way of mods - no racing, just cruising. Ordered an airfilter the other night on the i'net and have replaced the pony in the grille with a cobra (gift from my daughter. She and her husband have a triple black GT convertable). Vanity plate should be here in a couple of weeks - "GOTHISS?". Looking at some type of muffler that will add just a little bit more noise. Stock sound just doesn't quite cut it. Flowmasters seem a little too loud. Have had Borla and Magnaflow suggested. Lots of retired folks here (me too) who don't want a neighbor who is going through yet another childhood and lighting up the streets with a bunch of high-horsepower sounds. Now that I think about it, maybe some of those old f***ts could use a little waking up!!

Have fun with the car. Redfire has to be the best looking one out there - guess that will get all the M'chrome folks in an uproar!! HA!

Mike Critzer
Pinehurst, NC
mcritzer1@nc.rr.com
Thanks,
USMSL

Cobrizo
06-14-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey MickeyC! Go ahead and wake those old coots up!!! Have fun with the car, I'm totally in love with mine!! Going to get the Borla Stinger cat-back for mine, love that sound! Following is an awesome quote I have posted on my pc to read everyday: "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming....."Wow, What a ride!""

Have a blast!! :thumbsup: :bounce:

Pam