PDA

View Full Version : Black 03 vert on the road!

Carl G
03-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Well boys and girls the journey is over. The blown 03 motor is gone and the new one is bad ass. We are still in dyno tune phase with air/fuel at 12.2 will go for round two on monday if possible. Develop dyno problem on Friday. The idle is a little high but will get that adjusted. Idling around 1000rpms need to be around 700-800. Need a stronger spring on the Accufab throttle body, it doesnt want to close at idle. These are minor issues to deal with. Need to get air/fuel around 11.8. Now for the good news this thing rocks. It has so much power with the new cams and heads worked. It not as scarry as Uncle Larrys but almost. The 2.8 pulley is getting 14# of boost. The new high performance clutch is a rocket. Trying to stay off the boost till I get some more miles on but this car is a blast. The down side is it is really loud with the headers and with the cam set up and Bassani system it screams. Plan to work on making it a little quiter. Want do full dyno pull till we get about a thousand miles on the motor. That want take long a this pace since I have put 250 on car since yesterday. Would have posted this sooner but having to much fun. Plan to go to hwy 6 tonight at Sams. Edmond strike the post on Bad news on the Motor! :thumbsup: :raise: :fordflag:

Firme
03-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Carl, I locked the other thread and linked it here.

I will more than likely see you at Sams tonight.

Edmond

johnbasf
03-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Congrats Carl, enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

Carl G
03-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Congrats Carl, enjoy!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks John, hope we can meet at the 5th Anniversary meet in
Tennesee. I will be there. :)

msmap
03-20-2004, 07:45 PM
Congrats, Carl, I know you've been patiently waiting for awhile :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
03-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Great news! I'm glad you got your baby back on the road. I can't wait to see the numbers on it. And I'm looking forward to meeting you at the 5th! :D :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
03-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Congrats Carl.. Sounds like another beast is on the road... :thumbsup: :bounce: You haven't tried to entice some unsuspecting Camareo or Vette now have you??????
Good luck.

Firme
03-20-2004, 11:44 PM
Hey Carl, sorry I missed ya at Sam's, but I went to Otto's first and that place was JAM PACKED with american muscle. I went ot Sam's at about 9:20is (I think) and the place was pretty dead. But I think I might have saw you turning on Westheimer from 6 while I was headed north on 6 towards Sam's. Was that you????

Carl G
03-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey Carl, sorry I missed ya at Sam's, but I went to Otto's first and that place was JAM PACKED with american muscle. I went ot Sam's at about 9:20is (I think) and the place was pretty dead. But I think I might have saw you turning on Westheimer from 6 while I was headed north on 6 towards Sam's. Was that you???? That be me, I stayed at Sams till 9m and headed to Westheimer. Just getting some break in on the clutch. I will see ya Tuesday, dont forget the tires. MY back are now racing slicks. This new clutch is not forgiving at all.

Carl G
03-21-2004, 12:01 AM
Great news! I'm glad you got your baby back on the road. I can't wait to see the numbers on it. And I'm looking forward to meeting you at the 5th! :D :thumbsup: Great! I cant wait for the dragon run event, that should be cool. :)

Carl G
03-21-2004, 12:05 AM
Congrats Carl.. Sounds like another beast is on the road... :thumbsup: :bounce: You haven't tried to entice some unsuspecting Camareo or Vette now have you?????? ood luck.Not yet, need more miles.Had lots of offer tonight. Come on Austin! :thumbsup:

Levi
03-24-2004, 10:40 AM
This is one of the first....................

I got to test drive a Cobra before :edmond: got to. :p :D

Carl your car is vary cooooooooool. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
03-24-2004, 12:04 PM

Carl your car is vary cooooooooool. :thumbsup:
:rotf: :lol:

Firme
03-24-2004, 12:11 PM
:321: :chairshot :edmond:

97CasperCobra
03-24-2004, 01:07 PM

Remember we BOTH drove David's before :edmond: got to. :p

Levi
03-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Remember we BOTH drove David's before :edmond: got to. :p

:rotf:

We talked about that last night at SB. That is why I posted, just a little dig now and then, it's a good thing................ :D

Firme
03-24-2004, 03:34 PM
yeah, yeah...stock 03 :rolleyes:
but who got to drive Davids car (and romp it through the corners) after it was in its three wheelin trim :doubt:

97CasperCobra
03-24-2004, 03:46 PM
but who got to drive Davids car (and romp it through the corners) after it was in its three wheelin trim :doubt:

ok, ok....you're right....you got sloppy seconds......or thirds. ;)

03 cobra toy
03-24-2004, 03:54 PM

:doubt: I would never let anyone drive my car :D

03 cobra toy
03-24-2004, 04:01 PM
:ttiwwop:

Firme
03-24-2004, 04:06 PM
ok, ok....you're right....you got sloppy seconds......or thirds. ;)

:doubt: I would never let anyone drive my car :D

guess not :thumbsup:

:ttiwwop:

back at ya...

how was Hawaii bish?

Levi
03-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Welcome home,,,,,,,tri-pod. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
03-24-2004, 06:23 PM
guess not :thumbsup:

back at ya...

how was Hawaii bish?

GREAT!! Good to be back home...

Welcome home,,,,,,,tri-pod. :thumbsup:

Thanks Man :D

Carl G
03-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the input last night on the black 03 clutch issues. Nathanials has ordered a new 03 factory clutch till we can get the bugs worked out on the stage 2 clutch . Will leave car at shop tomorrow for them to install by late thursday or friday to make the Austin trip. I hear the weather is going to be great. :thumbsup: