PDA

View Full Version : Jerry the Super Tuner

Twice Bitten
03-22-2004, 01:33 AM
Jerry Wroblewski of Superchips would like to come back to Beaumont, Texas on April 24-25:D :thumbsup: :bounce: . That is the weekend before Fun Ford Weekend (April 30, May 1st and 2nd). They need to get a head count of people willing to drive to Beaumont. I would drive to New York to let him tune my car, :edmond:,Stan, David and Talley can vouch for that. He is one of the best, he is better than anybody in Texas!Ther are several peeps that have had rebuilds or are in the process of rebuilding, you need to make plans to get your cars to him, I promise you will not be dissapointed. You will throw your old chips in the trash when he is done, you will wonder why you did not get him to tune you car in the first place :banghead: :retard: . Let me know if you are interested, either pm or by email.
:hail: to Jerry and to :fordflag:

Andy M
03-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Larry,

that is the same weekend as Mayfast at HAllet... just in case some of you are thinking of making that track event...

Firme
03-22-2004, 10:10 AM
I will pass the word Larry, and can co-pilote again if I don't have work

Twice Bitten
03-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Larry,

that is the same weekend as Mayfast at HAllet... just in case some of you are thinking of making that track event...

Hallet is out for me this year :( , Jerry is in :thumbsup: , to much money in Franken-stang to let just anyone tune the beast! :bounce: :bounce:

Firme
03-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Larry, I need price quotes, because those interested want to know how much before they commit.

msmap
03-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Larry, that is the weekend of Fun Ford.

Levi
03-22-2004, 01:24 PM
I will hang out and help you load and unload.
Hopfully not in the rain this time.

:thumbsup:

Firme
03-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Larry, that is the weekend of Fun Ford.

I fixed it, the dudes email was misinterpreted. It didn't make sense for Jerry to come in on a Friday anyway.

Carl G
03-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Count me in. I will go anywhere anytime to get him to tune my car.

Mephisto
03-24-2004, 04:40 PM
So what does he actually use to tune the car ? Does he add any chip or re-tune the car directly? Will you get a hand-held tuner with your stock program and his program? What if you lose his program? How much will this cost? etc? etc?

Firme
03-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Henry,

You have three choices, chip, flash, reflasher.

(1st choice)The only time a chip is needed is for multiple programs, such with nitrous, without nitrous.

(2nd choice, and the normal method used) He flashes the PCM the same way a dealer would. Basically like CMOS, the program replaces the factory values of the parameters in the existing fields and is there for good, when the battery is unplugged you don't loose the flash (think of a conventional chip as a bypass that fools the PCM for those who don't know anybetter to be able to access the actual parmeters and change them, these guys can actually access the parameters and dont need a chip to bypass). The way the PCM Is falshed is by pluggin into the ODBII port below the steering wheel. The only way to loose the program is to loose the PCM itself(the who computer blows). The way to "revert" from his program would be as simply as loading the latest ford flash (it just replaces the value of the fields to something else, in this case factory spec).

(3rd choice, which is in addition to choice 2) You have an option of purchasing a handheld reflasher (http://www.superchips.com/html/products/ford/cars.htm)(click for product) in addition to the flash itself. It hooks up the same way, the main advantage is that it download the original setting so that you can swap back to the original parameters yourself. It also allows for certain tweeks yourself. You can also have them change the program and send it to you and you "flash" the pcm yourself.

At this point, the cost is 300 for the flash + the cost of the dyno time.
Once you get his flash, any futures flashing is 150 + dyno time.

Mephisto
03-24-2004, 05:24 PM
Cool,

I just needed to know that he uses superchips. The reason I asked about loosing the program is that Ford re-flashed my computer even though I told them not to and only brought the car in to adjust the vert top. It would suck to loose the program in that case and have no way to fix your car. Wouldn't it be better to get the custom tune on a superchip with the guy using that software.

Firme
03-24-2004, 06:40 PM
Cool,

I just needed to know that he uses superchips. The reason I asked about loosing the program is that Ford re-flashed my computer even though I told them not to and only brought the car in to adjust the vert top. It would suck to loose the program in that case and have no way to fix your car. Wouldn't it be better to get the custom tune on a superchip with the guy using that software.

not sure what you mean by that...