PDA

View Full Version : Silver 03 Cobra R getting back on the road again

olchakla
03-26-2004, 09:50 AM
I have plans to fly down to Houston, Saturday April 3 to pick up my car from Houston Performance and drive her back to Dallas. That would be my plan, they have till next Friday to get her all back together.

Houston Performance had said they are running a dyno day that morning and wondered if anyone from this forum was attending?

Anyone got plans or a GTG planned that Saturday? Like to meet up with the Houston crowd while I am down there and chat a bit, maybe check out Carls black vert.

Been almost two long months without my car, engine rebuilt and rear differential fixed. Decided to have them put 373 gears in since they had to replace the cluthpak.

I will be leaving for Germany this Sunday and will be back to Dallas on Friday April 2, will try to get logged into the forum to see what you all may have worked out.

Larry

Firme
03-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Good to hear you are getting the car back. You should get Jerry to tune it (other thread).

This is the first I had heard about their dyno day, what group is putting it on?

Larry, contact me when you prior to heading in and we will have a GTG. Cruise around town some and what not.

olchakla
03-26-2004, 02:53 PM
I will be in Germany all next week and getting back into Dallas Friday afternoon and my plans are to catch an early morning Southwest flight to Houston.

Spoke with Houston Performance and they said the group running the Dyno day was Ford Power.Net if that means anything.

97CasperCobra
03-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Spoke with Houston Performance and they said the group running the Dyno day was Ford Power.Net if that means anything.

Actually it's Lone Star Stangs who's putting it together.
http://www.lonestarstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3742

olchakla
03-26-2004, 03:28 PM
Anybody car to do a special favor? The buddy who ws going to pick me up at Houston Intercontinental and take me to Houston Performance is tied up all day doing a fundraising BBQ and now I am stuck.

Got a Southwest flight that comes in at 8:25 and needing to get over to Houston Performance. Any generous individuals that could extend a favor?

I could send you my cell number and work arrangements if someone could.

cobrapace94
03-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Which airport??? Hobby (probly with Southwest) or Bush intercontintal? HP is closer to Bush.

Firme
03-26-2004, 05:20 PM
yeah we know those guys :thumbsup:

I might actually be there just to watch.

let us know what airport you are comming in from

Carl G
03-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Anybody car to do a special favor? The buddy who ws going to pick me up at Houston Intercontinental and take me to Houston Performance is tied up all day doing a fundraising BBQ and now I am stuck.

Got a Southwest flight that comes in at 8:25 and needing to get over to Houston Performance. Any generous individuals that could extend a favor?

I could send you my cell number and work arrangements if someone could.
Hey Larry just say the word man, I can be there to get you and you can see the Black 03, It is running great. Had a whole week of minor repairs like replace the new clutch that was defective adjust headers from knocking, and fix brakes on front from chattering. Going on the Austin cruise tomorrow. Let me know and I can make plans to be there for you.

olchakla
03-26-2004, 07:10 PM
I will plan on arriving on Southwest flight 710 from Dallas/Love Field and coming into Houston Intercontinental at 8:25am. I was told that airport is closer to Houston Performance.

Hey appreciate the offer for getting picked up. My cell number is 214-263-6557.

All I will travel down with is my V1, music CD's and final payment

Carl, sure would like to see your black conv. We have both been through some troubled times of being without our prized cars for long periods of time.

Carl G
03-26-2004, 09:31 PM
I will plan on arriving on Southwest flight 710 from Dallas/Love Field and coming into Houston Intercontinental at 8:25am. I was told that airport is closer to Houston Performance.

Hey appreciate the offer for getting picked up. My cell number is 214-263-6557.

All I will travel down with is my V1, music CD's and final payment

Carl, sure would like to see your black conv. We have both been through some troubled times of being without our prized cars for long periods of time.
Done Deal. I see you at the airport. We can make plans later. Yea it is a great feeling to have the car again.

Andy M
03-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Larry,

What did you have done to your car at Houston Performance?......

Carl G
04-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Hey Larry just say the word man, I can be there to get you and you can see the Black 03, It is running great. Had a whole week of minor repairs like replace the new clutch that was defective adjust headers from knocking, and fix brakes on front from chattering. Going on the Austin cruise tomorrow. Let me know and I can make plans to be there for you.
Hey Larry, still coming tomorrow? I will be at passenger pickup outside in the Black 03.I will be there at 8:30. My cell is 832-746-6418. If anything changes just post message . I will check before I leave.

See ya tomorrow.

coleman
04-02-2004, 11:13 PM
damn, i hope larry, olchakla, replies before you leave.
i have his home phone number.

Carl G
04-03-2004, 08:25 AM
damn, i hope larry, olchakla, replies before you leave.
i have his home phone number.
HI Coleman. I talked to him last night. Car want be ready till probably late Monday or Tuesday. Hows your car doing? Black 03 is really breaking in just fine. See you soon,

coleman
04-03-2004, 12:57 PM
darn, i bet olchakla is not pleased.

my car is doing fine except for the loud lifters & exhaust rattle coming from somewhere :mad:
other than that, runs like a champ :thumbsup:

olchakla
04-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Larry,
What did you have done to your car at Houston Performance?......

Andy, had entered DriversEdge event at Motorsport Ranch and when I drove the 85 miles to the track, I filled up the gas at a station nearby and noticed an engine noise after I started it back up. I sat with Joe Johnson having coffee while I waited on checking the oil. It turned out that I was 3 qts low and went to the track and was going to play it safe. The group I was in gave me about 2 hours before I went on the track and when I started the engine up, it was fine and oil levels ok. Before I finished the 30 min session, the engine noise was worse than what it was earlier. The outcome was that I spun rod bearing in 3rd cylinder, 6th cylinder was scorn but not spun, 8th cylinder had a discoloration on the walls. Should be coming to Houston week of 22nd to pick it up unless they have any unforeseen problems.

Here is the list of what I will have worked by Houston Performance:
canton oil pan with windage tray, FMS crank, ARP head studs, ARP main studs, FM bearings, Rings, FMS oil pump w/pu, Billet oil pump gears, billet rods

Dyno tune and dual stage switch chip

373 Gears and Bearings, Rear end clutches, (I had a damaged clutch pack also so I figured I should just change the gears while it was getting fixed)

Steeda springs and alignment, (I had installed spring isolator with the stock springs and the height increased 3/4 inch. Steeda springs would bring the height back down lower)

Just spoke with Steve at Houston, car is running and was on the dyno. They are going to install a shift light and I will be down in Houston noonish tomorrow, Tuesday.

Carl, I will call you tonight and still seek your favor of picking me up at the airport.

coleman
04-07-2004, 02:34 PM
well, did olchakla pick up his car yet?

olchakla
04-07-2004, 06:06 PM
well, did olchakla pick up his car yet?

I am back in the saddle again. Thanks a bunch to Carl. I owe you big for your willingness to drive me over to Houston Performance and wait as long as you did for the plane to finally arrive.

So sweet to get it back and feel the power again.

Carl G
04-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Glad to help out. I know how you felt being with out the car. Glad it is doing well. Hope to see you Bid D guys soon.

coleman
04-07-2004, 09:02 PM
great! thanks Carl :)