PDA

View Full Version : Video From Austin Cruise??? (3-27-04)

nuxx
03-27-2004, 07:30 PM
I was just wondering if the black/DSG 03 Cobra behind the Cobra R and my Mystichrome has the video of my car getting a bit sketchy? I wondered a bit too far to the edge of the road and hit some gravel which sent the car flying into the other lane, that woke me up. Would be interested to see what happened, lol. Even if you didn't capture that it would be neat to see the rest of the video you got. I thought I chipped the hell out of my car, but it didn't take any damage. I'm going to have my friend at NTB check the allignment anyway.

Sorry I had to leave mid cruise... My girlfriend is in California for a few more days and had to go to the hospital late last night, so I was up late talking with her, and she called mid cruise, so I really couldn't stick around. Also I heard a massive exhaust leak coming from the car, so I had to get that sorted out.

Oh yeah, this was interesting. As I was leaving marble falls, I was pulled over. In less than 5 minutes there were 5 cops there. I got pulled over for no front plate, and the cops just wanted to look at the car. They then said I had to fix the problem, and mount the plate. I just told them I wouldn't, and the cop agreed, and said neither would he.

Well atleast my girlfriend is home, and doing ok, and my car didn't end up in a tree... could have been a worse day :)
-Peter

96MysticSVT
03-27-2004, 11:57 PM
Nuxx, Too bad you had to take off so soon, it was nice having 3 Mystics in the group (two 96's and your '04). It's hard enought to get 2 together, much less 3 :eek: . Nice car, yours is the first Mystichrome I have seen up close. I gotta tell you when I checked out the pictures of the Mystichromes, I was kinda dissapointed, it didn't look like Ford did a very good job on the 2nd round of Mystics, but in person the color change is pretty cool, thanks for bringing it out.

Glad your GF is okay.

We stopped in Lago Vista for gas, and the same cop that pulled you over was probably the one that come into the gas station and walked around checking out the cars. He was pretty cool, even blocked traffic for us so we all could get out in one group.

nuxx
03-28-2004, 12:57 AM
Nuxx, Too bad you had to take off so soon, it was nice having 3 Mystics in the group (two 96's and your '04). It's hard enought to get 2 together, much less 3 :eek: . Nice car, yours is the first Mystichrome I have seen up close. I gotta tell you when I checked out the pictures of the Mystichromes, I was kinda dissapointed, it didn't look like Ford did a very good job on the 2nd round of Mystics, but in person the color change is pretty cool, thanks for bringing it out.

Glad your GF is okay.

We stopped in Lago Vista for gas, and the same cop that pulled you over was probably the one that come into the gas station and walked around checking out the cars. He was pretty cool, even blocked traffic for us so we all could get out in one group.
Thanks for the compliments :)

Now just to get the video :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-28-2004, 06:32 PM
I'm sure they'll get it up in a few days. They probably just got home as I did about 45 minutes ago and we were ALL pretty tired. There will be TONS of video coverage. I've got a few pics from the cruise.....but the pics won't be able to tell how massive our group was. It was AWESOME!!!

Thanks everyone for coming out, thanks Edmond, Matt and 03sonicblueaus for helping to navigate through Austin's hill country. We definately need to do that again SOON!!! :thumbsup:

Nuxx, glad to hear the g/f & car are OK. :thumbsup:

nuxx
03-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks. Been a long few days for me, bout to watch a movie and get some sleep. Was up from 4am-9am talking to her, california to texas time difference is a ***** :o

93KingCobra
03-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Me and Edmond sould have some video up in a couple of days and nuxx glad to hear everything is OK, BTW I was behind you when you lost control I hope my copilot got the vid of you I'll check later and get back with ya..

Phil

Carl G
03-28-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm sure they'll get it up in a few days. They probably just got home as I did about 45 minutes ago and we were ALL pretty tired. There will be TONS of video coverage. I've got a few pics from the cruise.....but the pics won't be able to tell how massive our group was. It was AWESOME!!!

Thanks everyone for coming out, thanks Edmond, Matt and 03sonicblueaus for helping to navigate through Austin's hill country. We definately need to do that again SOON!!! :thumbsup:

Just got home myself, and was that a cruise!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: I was such a sight to see all those Cobras stretched out on those hill country curves. Man that was a blast. It was really great to see people from different cities having so much fun. Cant wait to see the Pics. Good organized trip Edmond, fine job and thanks Matts for that wonderful cruise through the hills. That was really fun. It was great to see all the gang from Houston and the dinner together and 6th ----what a night. I am beat but still laughing at Joey the King of Wrap. You would have to been there to understand. Cant wait to see th pics Joey :thumbsup:

Carl G
03-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Me and Edmond sould have some video up in a couple of days and nuxx glad to hear everything is OK, BTW I was behind you when you lost control I hope my copilot got the vid of you I'll check later and get back with ya..

Phil

Hey Phil, thanks for all the video you did on the trip and to Joey. Sure was great to see you guys.

coleman
03-28-2004, 06:57 PM
that was very long trip, but you all made it well worth the trip :)
and i want to thank everyone again for coming to my rescue after i chewed through my belt :thumbsup:

i'll be picking up two spare belts this week to carry with me at all times!

now let the count-down to TWS begin ;)

i hope to see all of you there whether to drive or not! :bounce:

msmap
03-28-2004, 07:03 PM
Thank you very much Edmond, Matt and Chris for the great thrill ride and the scenic cruise of Austin. It was a blast. I put 454 miles on SSSSNK. It was nice to meet new faces and 6th Street is deffintely the place to people watch and have some fun ;)

nuxx
03-28-2004, 07:04 PM

Phil
How bad did it look from behind? Lime Creek is an evil road, lol. I've had tons of friends wreck there. Just deceptive, dust, gravel, narrow, and too many people driving it.

2222 is a much better road in Austin for "testing" a car out. :)
-Peter

Carl G
03-28-2004, 07:05 PM
that was very long trip, but you all made it well worth the trip :)
and i want to thank everyone again for coming to my rescue after i chewed through my belt :thumbsup:

i'll be picking up two spare belts this week to carry with me at all times!

now let the count-down to TWS begin ;)

i hope to see all of you there whether to drive or not! :bounce:
Hey Coleman, great that you made the trip, it was good to see you and your son. Great Boy. Glad you made it home safe. We will see you soon.

97CasperCobra
03-28-2004, 07:21 PM
LOL....I can tell all the Houston guys/gals are tired cause their spelling is all messed up. ;)

I just KNOW that we're all gonna sleep good tonight. I wanna go back to the twisty roads....maybe next time we can go UP the hill first then come back down. :thumbsup:

Firme
03-28-2004, 07:44 PM
whew, just got done washing the car and getting all the paint eating hitch hikers off it..

boy that was too fun!!! I had a blast. :bounce: I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. :thumbsup: Once again, thanks to Matt and Chris for being so helpful and guide us through Austin. The route Matt took us through was very fun.

Thanks to eveyone for comming out and making this such a successful event. Its kinda scary how much the bar was raised this year over last year's cruise. Hopefully the next one will be even better, as ideas are already brewing :naughty: ;)

Stay tuned for pictures and video and there will be a TON.

Peter, I'm glad your girlfriend is doing OK. Also, good job on getting that beast under control after it went squirly, the LAST thing I'd would have wanted to have seen is a wrecked Mystichrome :eek: . :)

I was dissapointed when you left, cause I didn't get a good enough chance to drool over the car and take pics :(

:bounce: :bounce:

Some info. We had about 30 cars in the course of the cruise (some people comming and going from the group). I think we had 27 cars do the hill country cruise (26 when we stopped at the gas station since the Peter/Mystichrome left). THAT IS AWESOME.

03 cobra toy
03-28-2004, 08:45 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I had a great time also !! Got home about 8:15 We did hit some rain on the way home :mad: That's the 5th time my car has been driven in the rain....O well I'll have to get the kid to clean it :D

Jesse99
03-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Wow, it sounds like it was great.. I wish I could have made it (Transmission is shot in the car) I was really looking forward to it.. Maybe next time..

nuxx
03-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Peter, I'm glad your girlfriend is doing OK. Also, good job on getting that beast under control after it went squirly, the LAST thing I'd would have wanted to have seen is a wrecked Mystichrome :eek: . :)
Yeah not a great car day for me. I have a wicked exhaust leak I just noticed yesterday too. When we put the xpipe on the car, we stripped a stud on the manifold, so we were able to find one at Autozone @ 3am that was kind of close, but not exact. I bottomed out a few days ago and must have broke/pulled that stud. I'll have Ford just replace it with the right bolt tomorrow, I couldn't find an exhaust shop open late last night or at all today.

I'll keep my eyes open for the next cruise and make it out for the whole one next time. I'll also have the car nice and zaino'ed and hopefully be putting out over 500 by then. Oh I'll bring Rachel out as well :)
-Peter

nuxx
03-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Here are some pictures of my car, since maybe you guys didn't get any yesterday due to my early departure...

http://www.lilviv.com/nuxx/images/2004_cobra/

http://www.lilviv.com/nuxx/images/MarchCarWeekend/

-Peter

Firme
03-28-2004, 09:11 PM
Here are some pictures of my car

:drool: :jealous:

raven69david
03-28-2004, 09:33 PM
The trip was awesome and i totally cannot wait until the next. Sorry my wife and I didn't make breakfast with you all, but she was feeling a little under the weather due to her condition.

San Antonio produced 5 cars for this years cruise and hopefully more for the next. Nice to see a few SN/95's in a sea of 03 Cobras. :thumbsup: :bounce: . I've never seen so many '03's in my life at one time. Made my wanna cry like a :baby: ...but i'd never give up my 95. Thanks to Edmond and the flyer he gave me. I've enclosed my fee and i will be officially registered in a few days with the rest of you.

It was great meeting everyone and seeing such a great turnout. This was exactly what i was looking forward to....a nice family-style get together. It really felt good to be around so many people that enjoy the same hobby. Also nice to see the wives/girlfriends enjoying it too. :)

Can't wait for the viddy.

:ttiwwop:

Andy M
03-28-2004, 09:39 PM
All,

I sure had a great time with all of you this past weekend!!! :bounce: :bounce:

It is always great spending time with a great bunch of folks who share a common passion!

Last night on 6th street was a hoot too!! But come guys/gals... the rest of you need to come out and dance with those of us (like me) who are not bashful! Next year, I wanna see all of you on the dance floor!!!

Nuxx, dude.. I saw when you got sideways behind me yesterday... I thought you were going to really lose it and go into the woods man! I am sure glad you gathered it up and kept it out of the woods!

nuxx
03-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Nuxx, dude.. I saw when you got sideways behind me yesterday... I thought you were going to really lose it and go into the woods man! I am sure glad you gathered it up and kept it out of the woods!Yeah been driving Cobras all my life, since I was 17 I had a 96, then an 01, then an 03, and now the 04... I know how to recover in these cars pretty well. I think the sight of a 00 R in front of me gave me a bit too much guts :cool:

I finally washed my car after this weekend, man it was filthy...
http://www.lilviv.com/nuxx/images/misc/wetCobra.JPG :thumbsup:
-Peter

GrabberBlue
03-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Nice to meet you all, Sorry I didn't make the trip to Marble Falls!

All those Cobras, what a site!

It was a aaaaaawesome seeing yall rolling into the outskirts of Manor, LOL! I had fun crusing with ya'll to the HEB anyway! Look forward to next year!

Sam

Topless In Tex
03-28-2004, 11:33 PM
HOWDY! :D
I got home about 5pm this eve. after I picked up cc and the critters....Man, I am completely WIPED OUT! BUT...in a good way! ;) Nothing like the wind in your hair for hours on end..and just veggin on the road!!!! I fell asleep on the couch for about a half hour after I got home...

Man, Ya'll have NO IDEA how glad I am that I decided to go after all!!!! :) AND to bring my car! (she made it there and back WOOHOO!!!!!) :thumbsup: turned over 123K after our last stop, and put 540 miles on her since Friday night. Cratered both my side skirts one more time each, but other than that, came out unscathed! (just more filthy than it allready was!) :twitchy:

I cannot imagine how INCREDIBLE that line of Cobras looked from the 'others' on the road.... I LOVE to see the peoples faces looking at each car and pointing...its sooooooooo cool!!!!!! :hail: Also, I got a pic of the cop that shut down traffic as I pulled out of the Sonic. Man, we were all sweating bullets!!!!! I know I had 3 things I could have easily gotten popped on. :rolleyes:

It was GREAT to meet Phil and Joey...LMAO STILL!!!! :rotf: I will always go back just to watch Joey in action. I have not laughed that hard in ages. HE is truly a work of art! :jk: lol.... I will never look at RAP music the same. (maybe a new Side Job for him and Carl...lol) I might even listen to it more. lol.... Phil.... You are too cool. :) And, it was great to hang out with Andy as well...I have not really ever got to do that before! (although, he NEVER did hand me them keys...lmao!);)
I had sooooo much fun with everyone, and I REALLY appreciate how nice everyone is to me. I did my best to keep up w/ everyone! That is not an easy task to do at times! Specially in my slug....

Thanks again to Sherri for putting me and Kim up for the night, and for EVERYTHING!!! It was great to hang out and spend some time w/ Kim... You were ALOT of fun.... we have alot in common, its almost scary. lol

The dinner was AWESOME...I was a little apprehensive to go to that resturant, Im not into Italian that much, but I thought it was sooooo cool how they 'honored' the club and had a special menu for us. (I have a copy of it, if nobody else got it, I noticed that they took them up!) ;) The food was to die for. I was miserable the rest of the night, but in a good way. My diet went OUT the window this weekend.

Coleman, I am so glad it was an easy fix for you!!! BTW, I did not get a pic of your engine. I wanted one. I wanted to send it to Steve (WhiteSnake), hes got a Kenny Bell too..... :)

And Peter, I did not get to meet you, and when I wanted to go look at your engine, you had your hood down. :( Thanks for the pics you posted. Glad your g/f is okay. Sorry we did not get to meet.... but glad everything is okay....

And When Sam corralled us in....OMG!!! I did not know that was him! I felt like an IDIOT!!!! bwwahahhaahah...It was GREAT to finally meet him, hes been a goof friend of mine of Mustang Life for about a year and a half now! I hope we have the oppurtunity to get together again real soon! Stang looks NICE!!!!! Thanks so much for all your help getting us together there in Austin!!!!! You rock!

Ive been filling WhiteSnake in on everything he missed...and he really wanted to be there... :( Hopefully next time, he will be on land, and not at sea. He was really missed. And I KNOW he would have had a GREAT time!
I cant wait to see the pics and the video.... GREAT job guys and gurls on the pics and Video...... Looks like we broke Deb in right! ;) Welcome to SCMC! :)

Also. Edmond.... You outdid yourself with this one dear! :headbang:It could NOT have went any better, or any smoother! I am impressed w/ the WHOLE thing! GREAT JOB on your part and Mike and everyone else....

Thanks ya'll for a great weekend...I needed that! :fordflag:
:banana:TNT:banana:

nuxx
03-28-2004, 11:44 PM
And Peter, I did not get to meet you, and when I wanted to go look at your engine, you had your hood down. :( Thanks for the pics you posted. Glad your g/f is okay. Sorry we did not get to meet.... but glad everything is okay....Sorry. There really isn't much to see. Looks like any other 03/04 engine. Just with a steeda CAI, no pulley guard, smaller pulley and tensioner. The engine bay is soooooo dirty, the only reason I opened it, was that one of my good friend's neighbors (h/c sc'ed c5 vette) came along with Cody and really wanted to see the engine bay of an 03/04, which he had never seen before.

Thanks for everyones kind words about Rachel. It's hard going through situations like this if she was here, 100x harder when she is 1600 miles away and you really can't do anything. :(
-Peter

97CasperCobra
03-28-2004, 11:55 PM
Edmond.... You outdid yourself with this one dear! :headbang:It could NOT have went any better, or any smoother! I am impressed w/ the WHOLE thing! GREAT JOB on your part and Mike and everyone else....

I can't take credit for ANYTHING......maybe spreading the word on SVTPerformance and getting the San Antonio people out....but that's about it. It's comforting to know that other people can step up when I'm bogged down with school and boy can they STEP UP!!! :thumbsup: Edmond.....if i didn't know any better I'd think you were trying to steal my job ;) .

FYI, I'd LOVE to do this cruise together in the summer when I'm out of full time school and back in H-town. Maybe we can make another good weekend out of it. :thumbsup:

msmap
03-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Nice to meet you all, Sorry I didn't make the trip to Marble Falls!

All those Cobras, what a site!

It was a aaaaaawesome seeing yall rolling into the outskirts of Manor, LOL! I had fun crusing with ya'll to the HEB anyway! Look forward to next year!

Sam

Hi Sam, it was nice to meet and talk with you. Your car is awesome! Hope we can cruise together again sometime.

coleman
03-29-2004, 02:20 AM
I left a little early but snapped a few shots before I left ... but the Sonic Blue '03 had already left of course. So, I moved into his spot.
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280001.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280002.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280003.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280004.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280006.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280007.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280008.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280009.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280010.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280011.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280014.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280015.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280016.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/28/03280017.JPG

Topless In Tex
03-29-2004, 02:26 AM
WOW..
GREAT pics Coleman! I did not think I would have any of Topless in that slew of Cobras! THANKS! Good to meet you! Hope to see you again soon! :cool:
:banana:TNT :banana:

coleman
03-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Topless, here are a few pics of my setup with the belt on :)

http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/09/03090005.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/09/03090006.JPG
http://www.CobraTerminator.com/public/2004/03/09/03090007.JPG

Andy M
03-29-2004, 08:02 AM
:thumbsup:

bluethunder
03-29-2004, 10:45 AM
WEll Guys and gals, I had a great time. First off thanks To my Best Buddy Phil for inviting me and not making me throw up on the twisty's!( very important)

I'd just like to also say thanks to Edmond- That was awsome and set up very well! Not like some other clubs.

As for the cruise I hope I got some good footage of all of your cars, I know I got some great still shots!

Carl- Me and you are going partying next year !!!! I gotta teach carl how to rap but he has to teach me how to use the blinker and hit the gas on the right Lope( or it will stall) .

Larry- I found some Vacum hose in my garage for that Leak!!!! LOL

And to MAMBA, my Beer Buying Friend ( He bought me a fu-fu beer) I owe you one at ya'lls next meet!

Andy- That car is :drool: . I would say I want to go for a ride but I heard that you already has someone puke in it and I wouldn't want to do that!

CASPER- Good to see you and your better half again! Cars looked good and thoise rims are growing on me! I might have to get the pony's powder coated blk.

Thanks to everyone- You guys and gals are all really nice and friendly!

PAC_MAN A.K.A.- Big Bird that color Yellow is just :drool: !!!!!!!!

Well I am going to try and do some work now ( doubt I will ) I will put the few pics that I took with my digi before the battery ran out ( AHHHH) Sometime when I get home around 5!

Again thanks to everyone, I had a blast and I hope that you will allow me to bring "big Yoey" and "LiL Yoey" next year! They are not Cobra's But At least one is a mustang!

Mephisto
03-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey,
Who let that kid lean on my car? Just kidding! He hides all the bugs on my bumper very well.

blacksnake
03-29-2004, 11:27 AM
It was great to meet all of you this weekend. We had a blast and it was great to see all those Cobras together on the road. That had to be an impressive sight coming down the highway :thumbsup: We definately should do this more than once a year! I have some video of the cruise as well that I can provide to whoever wants it. I'll post a link to the video and pictures when I get home tonight or tomorrow.

Again, it was nice to meet everyone and I hope to see some of you at TWS in October! :burnout:

nuxx
03-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Well I don't have an exhaust leak, I have the head tick :(

93KingCobra
03-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Well I don't have an exhaust leak, I have the head tick :(

Say it ain't so, I thought they fixed that on the 03's.

Hey Nuxx I looked at the vid last night an my copilot did not get you loosing control but we did get some good ones of your a$$ end!

Phil

nuxx
03-29-2004, 01:19 PM

Hey Nuxx I looked at the vid last night an my copilot did not get you loosing control but we did get some good ones of your a$$ end!

Phil
Me too :mad:

They are on the phone with hotline right now trying to get the go ahead to replace the head, since it's not in the given build date of head replacement cars. They have heads in stock, just waiting to get the go ahead... :D

Any ETA on the videos? Would make a rather shitty day good after all :thumbsup:
-Peter

bluethunder
03-29-2004, 01:32 PM

Phil

I could have sworn I got it????

Must have been one of those times I was actually enjoying the cruise and not trying to Puke!

nuxx
03-29-2004, 01:34 PM
I could have sworn I got it????

Must have been one of those times I was actually enjoying the cruise and not trying to Puke!
Hehe... you know I was listening for the ticking noise when I was going into that corner, lol :p

I would like to have seen my car's brush with near death, haha.
-Peter

bluethunder
03-29-2004, 01:37 PM
Hehe... you know I was listening for the ticking noise when I was going into that corner, lol :p

I would like to have seen my car's brush with near death, haha.
-Peter

I can re-call it for you!
You came into the turn a bit tight and your passanger side rear tire went down intot he gravel. Then the tire came back up onto the road and you were sliding out towards the other lane til you caught it!

Remind's me of a line from "My Cousin Vinnie" _" They was all over the road!"

LadyCobra01'
03-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Can't wait to see the vid and more pics!! :thumbsup:

Kim

nuxx
03-29-2004, 01:52 PM
You came into the turn a bit tight and your passanger side rear tire went down intot he gravel. Then the tire came back up onto the road and you were sliding out towards the other lane til you caught it!

Yeah a classic "Oh Sh!t" moment... I'm just glad it was only a moment :eek:

I was so scared to pull over and look at the damage to the car... I thought I had a dinged up Mystichrome... well luckily enough there wasn't any sign of damage :thumbsup:

How does the car look on video? Can you see the color shift? :cool:
-Peter

blacksnake
03-29-2004, 03:10 PM

I thought we were right behind you guys at that point, but I didn't see it... I'm glad you were able to bring her under control nuxx. I hope all goes well with the head. I had mine done and now I am super sensitive to any ticking I hear :(

nuxx
03-29-2004, 03:38 PM
I thought we were right behind you guys at that point, but I didn't see it... I'm glad you were able to bring her under control nuxx. I hope all goes well with the head. I had mine done and now I am super sensitive to any ticking I hear :(
:( :( :( :( :(

Topless In Tex
03-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Here's the Menu that they came up with. I thought this was cool.... We had a private room. And, again, the food was to die for!! :drool:
:banana:TNT:banana:

03sonicblueaus
03-29-2004, 04:22 PM
I just wanted to thank all of you for coming to my backyard. If you have a letter for the Lago vista Police Dept I can either forward it or find the address for you. When you plan the next Austin Outing Let me know. You basically scratched the surface of lake area drives. The group that went to help Coleman went through some prettier country. If you can stay at a resort in Lago Vista next time we can make a run to Shades, a few miles of killer terrain ending with a floating restarant. We can also make a run to the Oasis for Sunday Brunch prior to your departure. If this sounds good give me a date and I will get some literature on the accomodations and restaurants. Here is a link for the Oasis. The folks that own Cafe Adobe own it.

http://www.oasis-austin.com/gallery.html
I just threw this on all three active threads. Didn't know exactly where to place it.