PDA

View Full Version : License plate bracket....

97CasperCobra
03-28-2004, 09:41 PM
Here's the website that Coleman got his off of I believe. I'm gonna try to make my own in May when school's out as I KNOW I can make one for cheaper. Stay tuned.....

http://sonicblur.net/orders/order_form.htm

96MysticSVT
03-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Looks fairly simple. Should be easy to design and build for other applications. Just a few pieces of metal, and a rattle can of flat black paint.

Mephisto
03-29-2004, 10:57 AM
That is a good idea. Too bas it won't work for my car with the full grill :(

blacksnake
03-29-2004, 11:53 AM
I am going to be interested in something like this myself, thanks for the link. I have to get my bumber repainted and I thought I would remove the bracket and fill the holes when I do it. At $60 though, I think I will try to come up with something myself also.

The suction cup to the windshield idea seems pretty good too Phil. Any problems with visibility?

03 cobra toy
03-29-2004, 11:57 AM
I'll pay the fine...... :D I don't even keep the plate in the car. It's mounted on the wall in my garage :rotf: :rotf:

96MysticSVT
03-29-2004, 05:01 PM
The suction cup to the windshield idea seems pretty good too Phil. Any problems with visibility?
I think you can get a ticket for the suction cup thing too. I heard somewhere that the law reads the plate must be mounted on the furthest point forward on the vehicle. Are there any Johnny Laws here that can let us know what the law actually states (or is interpreted)?

Firme
03-29-2004, 05:12 PM
it depends on the Cop and the Judge. I work with several officens, and some of them are motorcycle traffic cops. In talking to them, if they wanna pursue it, they can make the ticket stick if its not on the bumper. I was discussing this with one of them, and he stated he had given someone a ticket for having it inside their windshield instead of mounted. And in front of the judge he said "you honor, the law states that the plate has to be mounted on the front of the vehicle and the windshield is not the front of the vehicle." and the judge made the ticket stick and fined the driver. :mad: oh well, I don't have to worry about it because my dealer could not follow instructions and mounted the front bracket even though I asked them NOT TO. :rolleyes:

cobrapace94
03-29-2004, 06:49 PM
I can make one of those at work for cheaper. I will not drill holes in my bumper, after 10 years it would be a shame to drill them now... I will continue to drive with out one till I get a ticket. I'll probly make it after I get a ticket.

Carl G
03-29-2004, 09:57 PM
I'll pay the fine...... :D I don't even keep the plate in the car. It's mounted on the wall in my garage :rotf: :rotf:Mine is in the file cabinett. Already got a ticket but I refuse to drill hole also/

coleman
03-30-2004, 12:13 AM
97CasperCobra, yes, that's the one i purchased.
it's the only compromise that i could find.
i can easily remove it for events if i so choose.
i just don't want to give anyone an easy excuse to pull me over.