PDA

View Full Version : Austin Cruise peeps...

LadyCobra01'
03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
could you post if you went on the Austin cruise this past weekend. This is so I can put a face with the screen name! :thumbsup:

This was my first cruise and I had a blast!!! :woot: Can't wait till the next one in the fall!

Kim

93KingCobra
03-29-2004, 11:49 AM
Hey girl this is Phil w/ the Black 03 I was the taxi cab for the comic relief(Joey). I had so much fun with you all girls, It's nice to see some girls that can handel there own Cobras!!!

LadyCobra01'
03-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey girl this is Phil w/ the Black 03 I was the taxi cab for the comic relief(Joey). I had so much fun with you all girls, It's nice to see some girls that can handel there own Cobras!!!

Thanks! I know who you are now! Thanks for being the taxi for Joey so we could get some awsome video!! :thumbsup:

Kim

blacksnake
03-29-2004, 12:33 PM
Hey Kim, I'm John. I had the other black '03 Coupe. Sorry but I don't think I formally introduced myself to many of you. :(

I guess I was still awe struck at all those sweet Cobras. I won't let that happen next time :)

93KingCobra
03-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey Kim, I'm John. I had the other black '03 Coupe. Sorry but I don't think I formally introduced myself to many of you. :(

I guess I was still awe struck at all those sweet Cobras. I won't let that happen next time :)

Hey John I forgot to ask you where you got the hood shocks an how much you paid. I think I would like to do that next to get rid of that DAME rod. It was really nice to meet both you and your girlfriend see ya'll next time.

Thanks
Phil the other Black 03

LadyCobra01'
03-29-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey John I forgot to ask you where you got the hood shocks an how much you paid. I think I would like to do that next to get rid of that DAME rod. It was really nice to meet both you and your girlfriend see ya'll next time.

Thanks
Phil the other Black 03

I have hood shocks also! I got mine from www.redlinetuning.com

Kim

nuxx
03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Peter, 04 Mystichrome Coupe...

LadyCobra01'
03-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Peter, 04 Mystichrome Coupe...

I'm glad you are ok and your gf!! I got to :drool: only a second over your mystic chrome!

Kim

97CasperCobra
03-29-2004, 01:07 PM
Mike.....the "fearless leader" though I didn't do any leading in this group. ;)

and my g/f Amanda who was with me.

03sonicblueaus
03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
I just wanted to thank all of you for coming to my backyard. If you have a letter for the Lago vista Police Dept I can either forward it or find the address for you. When you plan the next Austin Outing Let me know. You basically scratched the surface of lake area drives. The group that went to help Coleman went through some prettier country. If you can stay at a resort in Lago Vista next time we can make a run to Shades, a few miles of killer terrain ending with a floating restarant. We can also make a run to the Oasis for Sunday Brunch prior to your departure. If this sounds good give me a date and I will get some literature on the accomodations and restaurants. Here is a link for the Oasis. The folks that own Cafe Adobe own it.

http://www.oasis-austin.com/gallery.html

Firme
03-29-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm Edmond ... the guy in the 01 Mineral Grey Cobra with the SCMC pizza boy banner, :D with my girlfriend Annie co-pilottng

03sonicblueaus, I will need to get with you about that for the next cruise..it will take some juggling... :thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
03-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Christine (Topless In Texas)

The slug of the bunch w/ the '94 Topless Red GT. lol :p I was just honored to even BE in that lineup!!!!! :drool:
lol :fordflag:
:banana:TNT:banana:

blacksnake
03-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey John I forgot to ask you where you got the hood shocks an how much you paid. I think I would like to do that next to get rid of that DAME rod...

Thanks
Phil the other Black 03
I have hood shocks also! I got mine from www.redlinetuning.com (http://www.redlinetuning.com/)

Kim
I got mine from the same place. Install is a breeze and the instructions are great (full color). There is a GP going on over at SVT Performance that you might want to get in on. Here is the link:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86404

96MysticSVT
03-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Matt and my co-pilot wife Alissa in the non-supercharged 96 Mystic, that Edmond "made" lead this most excellent hill country adventure.

coleman
03-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Coleman & my son, Marcos, in the Zinc Yellow '03 that lost his belt passing a minivan :rotf:

Firme
03-29-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm seriosly thinking about those hood shocks as well. I hope they don't crack the hood like Mike's did.... hey Mike, how long where yours on before the hood started cracking?

97CasperCobra
03-29-2004, 04:29 PM
I think I had mine for about a year before I noticed it and was like :eek: . My kit was the one that Dallas Mustang sells though if that makes a difference. I loved those damn shocks.....I'm just pissed that I can never use any kind again. :(

Firme
03-29-2004, 04:37 PM
I think I had mine for about a year before I noticed it and was like :eek: . My kit was the one that Dallas Mustang sells though if that makes a difference. I loved those damn shocks.....I'm just pissed that I can never use any kind again. :(

well can you look at that picture and see if the ones posted are the same design as what you had??

Bartman01
03-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Bart - Silver 01 Cobra that didn't go on the hill country trip :(, but came along for the ride home.

How do you close the hood with those lifts? The hoods so light I have to drop it from a foot or so to close it - and ppl have had problems with the paint up front cracking from pushing down on the hood to close it.

cain
03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Richard(Shaved Head) - 95 White Coupe This was my first cruise and SCMC event/meeting. I had a great time. Sorry I couldn't make it to dinner and the 6th St. outing. But I did enjoy getting together with all of you. It was so cool to have the variety and number of Cobra's out there. Can't wait till the next one. Maybe I'll catch some of you at FFW in Houston.

Carl G
03-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Hi Kim, Deb and I was in the Black 03 convertible with the lope and blinker problems. That was a fun trip! Cant wait for another one. Lets not wait a year!

msmap
03-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Kim, I'm Sherri with the 01 white vert! I'm so happy you came along to make it easier for Topless and I to keep those boyz in line :D

Mephisto
03-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Kim,

I'm Henry with the Red 03 vert (the one with the black top, it's strange that I have to add that) and I was with my red-headed wife Kelley.

LadyCobra01'
03-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Kim,

I'm Henry with the Red 03 vert (the one with the black top, it's strange that I have to add that) and I was with my red-headed wife Kelley.

Hi! You have TWO redheads! :thumbsup: Your cobra and your wife!

Kim

97CasperCobra
03-29-2004, 06:23 PM
well can you look at that picture and see if the ones posted are the same design as what you had??

Same design Edmond.....i'll let you look at my hood this weekend perhaps when I come home and get you the pics. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
I haven't noticed any cracks in my hood. I drop and push it with my hand at the sametime. :thumbsup:

Kim

Twice Bitten
03-29-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm Larry in the dark shadow grey convertible with the vacuum leak, bad tune and smelly gas problem :fart: . The car, not me. Rachel was my co-pilot, who will drive the '00 R next year so she won't sound like Edmond's smiley the whole way. :edmond:

99cobrajms
03-29-2004, 07:12 PM
I joined the cruise at 2222 and 620, just passing by. I had the black 99 cobra coupe.

I was able to cruise with the gang until the stop on 1431. Next time I will hang longer. BTW it was my anniversary and I was out to get flowers for my lady when I ran into you. I did hear from Edmond that the gang would be in Austin. What a pleasant surpise to run into to everyone!!

Well, I had to leave when the gang left the gas station on 1431 because I never got those flowers!!!!!

John

03 cobra toy
03-29-2004, 07:46 PM
I joined the cruise at 2222 and 620, just passing by. I had the black 99 cobra coupe.

I was able to cruise with the gang until the stop on 1431. Next time I will hang longer. BTW it was my anniversary and I was out to get flowers for my lady when I ran into you. I did hear from Edmond that the gang would be in Austin. What a pleasant surpise to run into to everyone!!

Well, I had to leave when the gang left the gas station on 1431 because I never got those flowers!!!!!

John

Welcome John,
I'm glad to see you you made your way here :thumbsup:

David-AKA- 03 Cobra Toy or Tripod

93KingCobra
03-29-2004, 08:15 PM
I got mine from the same place. Install is a breeze and the instructions are great (full color). There is a GP going on over at SVT Performance that you might want to get in on. Here is the link:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86404

Thanks man I just ordered them.

P.S. Sorry for the flame on this tread just had too ask.

93KingCobra
03-29-2004, 08:21 PM
I haven't noticed any cracks in my hood. I drop and push it with my hand at the sametime. :thumbsup:

Kim

I have seen people just shut there hood normally (holding it up about 12" and letting it go to latch) Blacksnake is this correct or not.

Firme
03-29-2004, 09:10 PM

Hey now...this is a flame free board :) (with the exception of occasional friendly ribbing amongts friends :D ) Just inquiring into long term effects.. ;)

99cobrajms
03-29-2004, 09:41 PM

John

97CasperCobra
03-29-2004, 09:43 PM
I have seen people just shut there hood normally (holding it up about 12" and letting it go to latch) Blacksnake is this correct or not.

If I remember correctly, I had to close my hood w/my hand as it would not shut on it's own due to the shocks.

Firme
03-30-2004, 12:38 AM

John

John,

That timing was just too perfect. I am glad that I finally got to meet you after all these years of talking Cobra's online. Hope you anniversary went well. Hope to see you on the next cruise. :thumbsup: :bounce:

Edmond

blacksnake
03-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I just hold it up about a foot and let her drop. I haven't had much luck pushing this hood closed. I can never seem to get the thing to lock down that way. :dunno:

LadyCobra01'
03-30-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm Larry in the dark shadow grey convertible with the vacuum leak, bad tune and smelly gas problem :fart: . The car, not me. Rachel was my co-pilot, who will drive the '00 R next year so she won't sound like Edmond's smiley the whole way. :edmond:

That will be great 2 Cobra R's!! :thumbsup: And a Lady driving one! :thumbsup:

Kim

LadyCobra01'
03-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Thanks man I just ordered them.

No problem! Easy install! :thumbsup:

Kim

LadyCobra01'
03-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Christine (Topless In Texas)

The slug of the bunch w/ the '94 Topless Red GT. lol :p I was just honored to even BE in that lineup!!!!! :drool:
lol :fordflag:
:banana:TNT:banana:

Your not the slug!! :flash:

Kim

LadyCobra01'
03-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Kim, I'm Sherri with the 01 white vert! I'm so happy you came along to make it easier for Topless and I to keep those boyz in line :D

I'm really glad I went too! I can't wait for the cruise in the Fall! :bounce:

Kim

Dano
04-01-2004, 12:33 PM
I can't find a Forum for the lowly '94s & '95s, so if you all don't mind, I'll just jump in here.

Me and Linda were in the black '95 - third from the end of the pack (rookie position). At HEB, we were parked next to the 00R - WOW, first one I've ever seen, and across from that beautiful '94 GT Vert (Topless In Texas). I had the hood up for a while (supposedly cooling it off ;-) ) - it had the changing color paint on the upper plenum and T/B.

We Had a blast and enjoyed all of you.

Dan
http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/must2.htm

Dano
04-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I just hold it up about a foot and let her drop. I haven't had much luck pushing this hood closed. I can never seem to get the thing to lock down that way. :dunno:

John, I just printed the install instructions, and it looks like an imbicile could install them with no problem, so I guess I should be able to do it :eek: LOL.

I've wanted to get the kit, but was waiting for my 00R hood, and also get a set of hood pins for safety sake.

I didn't get a chance to look at your Cobra, but now I wish I had, to scope out the lift kit ... :doubt:

Dan

LadyCobra01'
04-02-2004, 11:30 AM
I can't find a Forum for the lowly '94s & '95s, so if you all don't mind, I'll just jump in here.

Me and Linda were in the black '95 - third from the end of the pack (rookie position). At HEB, we were parked next to the 00R - WOW, first one I've ever seen, and across from that beautiful '94 GT Vert (Topless In Texas). I had the hood up for a while (supposedly cooling it off ;-) ) - it had the changing color paint on the upper plenum and T/B.

We Had a blast and enjoyed all of you.

Dan
http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/must2.htm

I remember your car with the mystic painted motor! :thumbsup:

Kim

blacksnake
04-02-2004, 11:59 AM
I didn't get a chance to look at your Cobra, but now I wish I had, to scope out the lift kit ... :doubt:

Dan
I am hapy with them. We are in the same town, so anytime you want to take a look, let me know. We can meet up at the sonic or something.

Dano
04-02-2004, 06:09 PM
I am hapy with them. We are in the same town, so anytime you want to take a look, let me know. We can meet up at the sonic or something.

Sounds good, John. What part of town are you in?

Dano
04-03-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure which leg of the Cruise it was, but I was 3rd from the end, and an SUV got in our line some how:edmond: ... he was in front of the Cobra in front of me - seems like it took 5 miles before the Cobra was able to find a "hole." Well, then it was my turn ... took me a mile or two - I dropped into second and kicked it hard:doh2: . Wouldn't you know it, some damn car popped up over the hoizon, and I had to shift by the "sound" of the engine :crazy: - didn't have time to look at the tach. I hung a big shift into 3rd, at about 15,000 RPM :jawdrop: , and I now have a new respect for that little 302 and the T-5 behind it. When I hit 3rd I was gone like a shot of $hit :spank2: . Whoever was behind me made out a little better, the damn SUV turned left, right after I passed him!

How many of you have beat my 21mpg for the entire trip (232 miles) :bs: ? No, really!

Dan

GrabberBlue
04-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi Kim!

Thanks to ya'll, for letting me "hang out" with ya'll for a while! I really enjoyed seeing all of ya'lls awesome cobras!

Hope to see ya'll this fall!

Sam

Levi
04-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Hi Kim,
It was good to see everyone (old friends and new ones) and I had a blast on the cruise. I would have been able to keep up with youall on 6th street if it had not been for my big toe giving me a hard time.

Can't wait till next time.......... :bounce:

LadyCobra01'
04-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi Kim,
It was good to see everyone (old friends and new ones) and I had a blast on the cruise. I would have been able to keep up with youall on 6th street if it had not been for my big toe giving me a hard time.

Can't wait till next time.......... :bounce:

Hey Stan! Lookin forward to the next cruise in the fall! :bounce:

Kim

Levi
04-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey Stan! Lookin forward to the next cruise in the fall! :bounce:

Kim

Thatís forsure. We have talked about doing two cruises a year and this year it seems tobe allot of interest in doing a fall cruise. I know I can handle that with no problems.:thumbsup:

raven69david
04-07-2004, 12:35 AM
I was in the white 95 Cobra w/my pregnant wife. :) She is due in the Fall so don't know if we'll make that one cuz of the :baby: . :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-07-2004, 10:47 AM
I was in the white 95 Cobra w/my pregnant wife. :) She is due in the Fall so don't know if we'll make that one cuz of the :baby: . :thumbsup:

I remember seeing her! :eek: :baby:

Kim

nastystrike
04-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Just now getting back to the web site and see I am way behind. What a blast that cruise was. I was the other red '03 - the one with the tan top. Had a wonderful time meeting you folks and look forward to the next event.
Richard
San Antonio