PDA

View Full Version : big block 460 in sn95

SpeedFreakSVT
03-29-2004, 07:14 PM
does anyone know of a place that would sell motor mounts to put a 460 in a sn95 body? ive heard in a fox body mounts. i dont know if they would work.

BOSSMAN
03-29-2004, 08:58 PM
does anyone know of a place that would sell motor mounts to put a 460 in a sn95 body? ive heard in a fox body mounts. i dont know if they would work.

The fox body motor mounts will work. Or you can call Holcomb Motorsports, I think they have a set that let the engine set lower in the car.

SpeedFreakSVT
04-18-2004, 04:30 PM
does anyone know of anyone that has installed this in a fox body or sn 95 yet? any suggestions or info?

BOSSMAN
04-19-2004, 08:30 PM
does anyone know of anyone that has installed this in a fox body or sn 95 yet? any suggestions or info?

I had a 88 LX notchback with a 460 in it. In my opinon it is cheaper and easier to just put a stroked 351W in the car. They can make as much power as a big block but with a lot less weight.

SpeedFreakSVT
04-19-2004, 10:22 PM
yea but small blocks have already been done... you see too many of them... you rarely see a big block. what tranny did you run? im planning on a c6. i know its a lot heavier than a c4 but finding the bellhousing the make them both work together is hard to find from what i hear.any tricks or suggestions?

BOSSMAN
04-19-2004, 11:00 PM
yea but small blocks have already been done... you see too many of them... you rarely see a big block. what tranny did you run? im planning on a c6. i know its a lot heavier than a c4 but finding the bellhousing the make them both work together is hard to find from what i hear.any tricks or suggestions?

Definatly run a C4. You will never get a set of headers on the without alot of beating on the firewall and transmission tunnel. I'll dig through my building, I think I might still have a big block to C4 bellhousing. Also be prepared to get a 6" cowl hood at the least. I just purchased a new dart block. I'm going to build me a 460 " small block that is fed through a fogger system.

SpeedFreakSVT
04-28-2004, 08:54 AM
wow i figured since they make kits with they make kits to fit them in with the oil pan, mounts, headers etc. that it slips in tightly supposibly. the conversion headers in jegs are 400$ how fast was your car with the 460?

BOSSMAN
04-28-2004, 06:37 PM
wow i figured since they make kits with they make kits to fit them in with the oil pan, mounts, headers etc. that it slips in tightly supposibly. the conversion headers in jegs are 400$ how fast was your car with the 460?

It ran a best time of 7.36@ 94 mph inthe 1/8th. On nitrous it went a 6.12 @ 116 mph. Everthing in the car was a tight fit. Nothing bolted up like it was susposed to. Good luck with the project.