PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads?

LadyCobra01'
03-31-2004, 02:22 PM
I need new pads any sugestions which kind to purchase and where in the Houston area? :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Kim

97CasperCobra
03-31-2004, 02:30 PM
You can go to AutoZone and get the Carbon Metallic pads, they're decent enough for daily driving. Let us know if you need any help putting them on. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
03-31-2004, 02:33 PM
You can go to AutoZone and get the Carbon Metallic pads, they're decent enough for daily driving. Let us know if you need any help putting them on. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the quick response Mike!! :thumbsup:

Kim

Firme
03-31-2004, 02:33 PM
I like the pads that come on the 03 Cobra, the dealership carries them.

Also, if you don't want to spend as much, the regular Performance Frictions are decent, and can be bought at Autozone. Although some stores don't have a part number for rear pads, in that case, the 03 Cobra rear pads are fairly decent.

Right now I am running Porterfields(the high performance version) in the front and 03 pads in the back, the proterfields are good when they are hot and for braking over 60 mph, but they brake dust like no pad I have every owned. I clean my wheels and drive for two days, 10 miles a day, and the front wheels are black.

Hope that helps. I am sure some of the bracking gurus can chime in.

Mephisto
03-31-2004, 02:53 PM
I use Hawk and like them a lot. Very little dust. I think you can just buy the level of performance you want (I think mine are performance street but can't remember the code), but I also think you have to order them online.

bluethunder
03-31-2004, 04:44 PM
For a good pad with very little brake dust use the Wagner Thermo Quiets!!!!
They are the best non-expensive pad I have found!
Let me know, and i'll get you my cost on them!!!!!!!

LadyCobra01'
03-31-2004, 05:24 PM
For a good pad with very little brake dust use the Wagner Thermo Quiets!!!!
They are the best non-expensive pad I have found!
Let me know, and i'll get you my cost on them!!!!!!!

Where can I buy them? :)

Kim

Hazman
03-31-2004, 06:10 PM
A similar pad is the ceramic Raybestos Quietstop. Try www.Rockauto.com

Josh968
03-31-2004, 10:54 PM
I had EBC Greens on my Cobra, and they worked very well.

The Carbon Metallic from Autozone seem to be just as good, and the best part is, you take the old pad back to AutoZone, and they give you a new one, FREE!

Andy M
04-01-2004, 03:33 AM
Kim,

Since you do not open track your car, I would just stay with either the OEM pads which came with the car, or just a high performance street/track pad like the ones from Porterfield that Edmond was referring to. I have run Porterfields on my R for a long time (street use only) and like 'em alot! They don't squeel much, and don't dust up a lot either... and they stop very well under hard braking conditions. The model I usually use is the R4S (S being for street version).

You really cannot go wrong using any of the major brands... just be careful not to go too agressive on the compound; as they tend to eat the rotors pretty bad under normal street driving. The problem with using agressive pads on a street driven car, is the rotors don't ever get hot enough to make the pads work well... therefore, they just tear grooves into the rotors!

let me/us know if you have further questions?...

HoustonSnake
04-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Where can I buy them? :)

Kim
You ever find those pads yet? Sounds like I'm going to need to change mine soon too. Anyone got a hook-up on turning rotors?

bluethunder
04-07-2004, 03:21 PM
You ever find those pads yet? Sounds like I'm going to need to change mine soon too. Anyone got a hook-up on turning rotors?

**cough**

HoustonSnake
04-07-2004, 03:28 PM
**cough**
Nothing like self promotion ;) hit me up with a price/location/etc... if you run a shop I might have some other things I'll need...

97CasperCobra
04-18-2005, 10:41 AM
hey Yoey....PM me a price on front/rear pads for my 1997 Cobra. :thumbsup: