PDA

View Full Version : 2006 SVT Cobra???

venomous
03-31-2004, 11:20 PM
Does anyone have any pics of the new 2006 SVT Cobra or heard any rumors on what they will look like? How much power? Needin some info bad!!! I can't wait to see those beasts!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nckissfan
03-31-2004, 11:30 PM
I know SVT is going to build the baddest one to date. I can't wait to see one, too!!

95cobraR
04-04-2004, 11:53 AM
I haven't heard anything but rumors on the Cobra.

CheckThe Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com) for an interesting article on the GT-R to be shown this weekend at the New York Auto show.

500hp 5.0 "crate motor". 6 speed, racing tires, etc.

J Mays said "It's a full blown racer. It has more power than any man has a right to aim down the road". Very interesting :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
04-04-2004, 12:34 PM
I haven't heard anything but rumors on the Cobra.

CheckThe Detroit News (http://www.detnews.com) for an interesting article on the GT-R to be shown this weekend at the New York Auto show.

500hp 5.0 "crate motor". 6 speed, racing tires, etc.

J Mays said "It's a full blown racer. It has more power than any man has a right to aim down the road". Very interesting :thumbsup:

Looks like it's a candidate for Fast and the Furious 3 if you ask me. Absolutely discusting automobile. :barf:

venomous
04-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Looks for like a fixed up ricer than a mustang. :mad: :thumbdwn: :edmond:. Must have been :drunk: or something.

nckissfan
04-04-2004, 05:26 PM
I hope that stays as a concept. Yuck :thumbdwn:

Hazman
04-04-2004, 06:15 PM
I don't know guys. I am a fan of open track racing and the GT-R would look right at home with the T-1 Z06 Vette or the GT Race version Viper. The more I look at it the more I like it. What I would really like is to get one on the track sometime. :bounce:

2KWhiteSnake
04-04-2004, 10:20 PM
I don't know guys. I am a fan of open track racing and the GT-R would look right at home with the T-1 Z06 Vette or the GT Race version Viper. The more I look at it the more I like it. What I would really like is to get one on the track sometime. :bounce:

I'm with Hazman, despite the wing (overdone IMO), I think it'll fit right in with the GT class. You can just imagine the side exhaust spitting flames when downshifting. :D It looks low, sleek, and fat (wide stance)....sort of like the Home Improvement Saleen GT car.

I think it could look sweet. Just look at it this way, it looks "beastly" in those pictures compared to the 2005 GT pics, which look whimpy to me. The 2005 GT wheels just don't do it at all for the car. It might be a glimpse of the future Cobra (just ditch that wing).

Craig

BAD PNY
04-07-2004, 09:17 PM
My understanding is the next SVT cobra will be in 07. Not 06 as originally projected.

johnbasf
04-07-2004, 10:02 PM
I'd slap a #42 on that bad boy. Keep the wing, I'd need it for downforce. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

venomous
04-07-2004, 10:32 PM
My understanding is the next SVT cobra will be in 07. Not 06 as originally projected.
07, are you kidding me??????? :mad: Don't make me wait longer than I have too!! I'm already bouncing off the walls as it is! :bounce: :bounce: I guess they should have extra time to make the next cobra even more special (powerful that is). ;)

95cobraR
04-08-2004, 07:31 AM

I understand that the next Cobra will be a 2007 and released 6/06.
The next Lightning a 2006 and released 12/05.

Levi
04-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Hazman, Craig, John, you all are on the right track. Stick a number on it and lets go racing........... :bounce:

I can see it now,
GT-R kick ZO6 at Seabring.
Overall winner at the 24 hours of Daytona. :thumbsup:

Mystic_Cobra
04-08-2004, 09:21 PM
I, too, think the GTR is a bad ass concept. I hope some of the parts make it on the next Cobra. Leave it to Ford to spread the goods out and give us only one new toy per year.
new Mustang and GT in 04 (05MY)
new Lightning in 05 (06 MY)
new Cobra in 06 (07 MY)
I surely hope they don't make us wait that long.
:bounce: :bounce:

nckissfan
04-09-2004, 06:07 PM
ok, I change my thoughts on this concept. The pictures do not do the car justice. I saw a glimpse on tv from the NY auto show. It was on there. That car looks great on tv. I bet it would look better in person. The pictures make it look cartoonish.

venomous
04-09-2004, 09:07 PM
I'm sure the thing has alot of power and it will probably do good on the course, but its appearance is ugly because of the wing. It would look tight if the wing was lost. I know it woiuld need the wing on the track, but the high wing reminds me of cocky ricers.

cobracrazy
04-09-2004, 10:29 PM
I think the concept car looks great except the wing...

Nobody mentioned the single center hub nut for the wheels.. that thing is COOL!!!

I love my 03' Cobra but I am almost stopping the mods in anticipation of the next trade in... 06' or 07' Cobra hmmmmm

FORD Rocks!!!!! :bounce:

98banana
04-12-2004, 11:19 AM
The ricers have screwed up everybody's concept of a rear wing. The GTR concept has a functioning rear wing that is perfect for that car. If I was to have that car, which would be awesome, the wing would stay exactly where it is.

From what I can see on that car, I wouldn't think it would be street legal and would not be built with street driving in mind. Why would you need a full cage and harnesses in a street car. And what fun would it be if you can't even take a passenger with you to show it off.

You guys that don't like the wing need to look past the ricer image it portrays and look at some of the full blown race cars out there with identical wings. There is a purpose for them when used correctly --- on the track!

Black Horse
04-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Ford GT wing - to PREVENT flight, especially at velocities over 150

Ricer wings - To aid in slowing the car to a complete stop prior to any turn, also acts as aids for multiple bodies to push to remove the car from the road.

2000R wing - last time I saw it, acted as a handy lunch table...right Kevin?

cobrabitn
04-12-2004, 09:04 PM
LOL :rotf: @ Dave. Personally, I agree with the ricer wing scenario but then what would I know? I don't own a ricer... :D

drakino
05-29-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm finally getting close to buying some type of peformance car now that my insurance won't kill me, and at the top of the list is a Mustang Cobra. I've seen the PowerLease option, and it is pretty tempting to get me in line for an '07 Cobra. Question is, what will it look like? I really don't like the retro styling of the normal '05 Mustang, and I am hoping that is only a special look only for the '05 and nothing beyond it. Anyone know more?

Thanks

cobrabitn
05-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Better get used to that styling because more then likely, that is what the 06/07 Cobra will look like, only with more scoops. :)