PDA

View Full Version : Tool to remove emblem in grille????

Mirage775
04-03-2004, 01:34 PM
I went to remove my horse grille emblem last night and replace it, with the snake emblem, when I ran accross a small problem.... What the hell kind of messed up torx bit is that?! I hope it isn't too much, if I can even buy it? What size and kind of torx driver is it? I also got a bright "Tim the Tool Man" idea and thought I could just drill out a hole in one of my normal torx bits.... Not exactly the way I planned out what happened though.... I did drill out a hole, but not in the torx bit, through my index finger instead, blood everywhere :( No stitches thank goodness, lots of blood though. Anyway, can someone help me out with this tool? Thanks

Mystic Cobra
04-03-2004, 02:05 PM
I went to remove my horse grille emblem last night and replace it, with the snake emblem, when I ran accross a small problem.... What the hell kind of messed up torx bit is that?! I hope it isn't too much, if I can even buy it? What size and kind of torx driver is it? I also got a bright "Tim the Tool Man" idea and thought I could just drill out a hole in one of my normal torx bits.... Not exactly the way I planned out what happened though.... I did drill out a hole, but not in the torx bit, through my index finger instead, blood everywhere :( No stitches thank goodness, lots of blood though. Anyway, can someone help me out with this tool? Thanks

:rotf: :rotf:

Sorry I know you didn't mean this to be funny but I had the same darn situation. Here's what I found. The head on the torx bolt is deep. I had a set of torx and it didn't fit, the size was correct but they were not deep enough. So I went to Pep Boys and asked to try several out. They let me take several to the parking lot I found that one set was deep enough to do the trick. I guess that they (the bolts and the torx drivers) just vary some. Unfortunately I had to buy a set of five to get one that fit (even though I already had a complete set). Go figure.

Dano
04-03-2004, 02:40 PM
You need to buy the "Anti Theft" torx bit. Sears has a set (bits only), Auto Clone has a set (with the holder)... Sears is the cheapest. The bit has a recess in the end of it, to accept the "tit" on the screw. Don't waste any more time drilling "anything." Sorry about your mishap.

Dan

venomous
04-03-2004, 09:17 PM
NAPA also has some "anti theft" torx bits! :thumbsup:

tcrews
04-04-2004, 08:37 AM
You need a T-25 Star bit Tamper proof 1/4" hex bit. Should be one or two dollars.