PDA

View Full Version : doing a tune up

Jefflounsbury
04-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Id like to do a tune up on my car this weekend. the car has 50,000 miles on it, is a 98, and has the original plugs and wires. I seem to get a little bit of a miss when the car is not under a load, like cruising around in 4th at 2500 rpms(which is alot of in town driving with 4.10's), but not all the time. when you accelerate at all, the miss goes away. Anyway I was wondering what the best parts would be(plugs,wires,?) and where to get them. Thanks for your time.

tcrews
04-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Taylor, MSD, FMS and a few others make wires.....it won't make much of a difference between any of these you choose. For spark plugs go with Autolite 764 gapped at .054 (copper plugs).

Change your airfilter as well, might as well through a K&N on there if you still have the stock piece....pull off and toss the air-silencer as well.

I've used MSD wires (8.5mm) and really liked them, I'm using FMS (9mm) wires currently as I needed a swap while on the dyno getting tuned (my 3 year old MSDs had had enough).

nckissfan
04-07-2004, 01:08 AM
I have those MSD wires on my snake, and love them. I found the best place to get them is www.summitracing.com They were like $85.