PDA

View Full Version : Time to clay bar and wax again

HoustonSnake
04-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Looks like the weather may open up this weekend to do a little detail work.

Anyone know of a real good scratch remover? Something that will work out more than just swirls? I usually clay bar after wash, then use the Meguiers Cleaner wax, followed by the Meguirs Gold Class wax. All wax applied with a buffer.

97CasperCobra
04-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Come over from the dark side and use Zaino!!!! That's pretty much all you'll find on this board....bunch of Zaino-freaks we are. :D

I've got some really good scratch remover compound...though not sure who makes it as my dent-guy gave me a little bottle of it.

Topless In Tex
04-13-2004, 01:12 AM
I was at O'rielys on Friday, and needed some Quick Detail fast.... I foung the Mcguieres, (which I used to use before Zaino) and it came w/ a Clay bar. I have NEVER EVER clay bard Topless.....
This will be a true test. To see what a Clay bar can do to a factory 10 year old paint job. When I do it I will let ya know how it comes out. Too bad it does not fill in Dings and scratches too! :( (But, It SURELY cant hurt!) Too bad they dont come in COLORS! :D
:banana:TNT:banana:

HoustonSnake
04-13-2004, 10:17 AM
I was at O'rielys on Friday, and needed some Quick Detail fast.... I foung the Mcguieres, (which I used to use before Zaino) and it came w/ a Clay bar. I have NEVER EVER clay bard Topless.....
This will be a true test. To see what a Clay bar can do to a factory 10 year old paint job. When I do it I will let ya know how it comes out. Too bad it does not fill in Dings and scratches too! :( (But, It SURELY cant hurt!) Too bad they dont come in COLORS! :D

Just be prepared to be amazed. A good idea on those Meguirs bars is to tear em in half. Throw the other half in a sandwich bag or something for another time. Have you used a clay bar before?

HoustonSnake
04-13-2004, 10:19 AM
The weather killed my plans of clay bar'n and waxin last weekend. Hopefully find some time this week or this weekend, weather permitting. ;)

Evilcartman
04-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Yes, Zaino all the way. I need to do my car again.

Levi
04-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Yes, Zaino all the way. I need to do my car again.

Yea, you probably need to clean off that garage rash.......... :rotf:

Evilcartman
04-13-2004, 03:07 PM
Yea, you probably need to clean off that garage rash.......... :rotf:

:thumbsup: