PDA

View Full Version : front left rattle...

Caligo
04-10-2004, 11:34 PM
Our 2001 cobra convertible has developed a rattle in the front left, but tough to pinpoint. I want to say it's in the dash, it really doesn't sound like it's coming from the convertible top. Has anyone dealt with any rattles up there? No modifications have been made to the car. What up there could have come loose? Is there anything that I can check on my own? Thanks.

Jim
04-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Our 2001 cobra convertible has developed a rattle in the front left, but tough to pinpoint. I want to say it's in the dash, it really doesn't sound like it's coming from the convertible top. Has anyone dealt with any rattles up there? No modifications have been made to the car. What up there could have come loose? Is there anything that I can check on my own? Thanks.
Caligo:

I have a 2001 Cobra convertible and have a creaking sound in the right window post area under the dash, it seems. I can't figure it out. The local Ford dealership is about ready to tear into it. The noise is greatest when the body flexes due to a bump or unlevel surface. It's driving me crazy. Have you had any such problems. I will let you know if they find my problem. Otherwise, the car is tight--more than I thought it would be. 18,000 miles.

Jim