PDA

View Full Version : Third Brake Light Decals

lorahcobra
04-12-2004, 02:01 AM
Trying to get a feel for how many would be interested in having third brake light decals made up for the club? There are several places that make them; we would simply have to get our logo on there: SVT Cobra Mustang Club
I'm not crazy about the .com thing, but I'm sure they could be done both ways. To check out how cool they look, go here and scroll down to 3rd
brake light decal: http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/ymrmerch.html

Let me know what you think.....Steve :thumbsup:

flynfink
04-12-2004, 07:56 PM
Trying to get a feel for how many would be interested in having third brake light decals made up for the club? There are several places that make them; we would simply have to get our logo on there: SVT Cobra Mustang Club
I'm not crazy about the .com thing, but I'm sure they could be done both ways. To check out how cool they look, go here and scroll down to 3rd
brake light decal: http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/ymrmerch.html

Let me know what you think.....Steve :thumbsup:

I like....

Mr. Ed
04-12-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm in.:thumbsup: :flag:

Firme
04-13-2004, 12:29 AM
You might wanna talk to Tony about this, the guy we get our Vinyl for the side window decals from makes these also and will more than likely offer them cheaper than anyone else out there. He is a friend of mine and uses top notch vinyl and sells it lower than his competition.

lorahcobra
04-13-2004, 01:40 AM
I've run the idea past Tony already...we are simply trying to guage how much interest there is in doing this :dunno: :scratch: :thumbsup:

sssvtcobra
04-13-2004, 04:44 AM
Sounds Good!! I'm in for one.

Firme
04-13-2004, 07:54 AM
I've run the idea past Tony already...we are simply trying to guage how much interest there is in doing this :dunno: :scratch: :thumbsup:

kewl :thumbsup: I was merely refering to going through who Tony uses for decals since his prices are awesome.

Lumpydogs
04-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Words of Wisdom...

I already have a third brake light decal that reads "AMERICAN MUSCLE"
it looks OK. The problem is that the more letters you have in your decal
the smaller the font size. My 2001 cobra third brake light is made up of
small bright circles of light. The small font combined with the small bright
circles makes reading the decal a little difficult.

Again my decal looks OK, but I would caution against too many letters.
Keep the font size as large as you can. :thumbsup:

Also, the decal I bought doesn't cover the whole third light. It only covers
the area that lights up. This leaves some red reflector showing on both ends. It would look better in daylight if my decal covered the entire red
lense. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Thought this might be helpful.

sssvtcobra
04-14-2004, 03:27 AM
I agree with lumpy dogs, I have seen third brake light decals that haven't covered up the whole light and it doesn't look right. I suggest that they cover the whole third brake light including the top, and see if we can't get them to match the color of our cars. Just my .02

My Cobra
04-14-2004, 10:43 AM
i bought one off e-bay. it looked ok. they are a pain to get on. you have to cut them to the right size so they cover only the light and not the paint. try getting under the spoiler with a small knife to cut this thing. it is no fun at all. it must cover the whole brake light and be cut to the right size so you can just press it on. bubbles and wrinkles are a pain. just my thoughs.

lorahcobra
04-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Beginning to sound like it may be more trouble than it's worth! :scratch: :doubt: I don't think we could do less than "SVT Cobra Mustang Club", which is 19 letters. :twitchy: FIRME, maybe you could talk to your friend and see what he thinks. :dunno: :thumbsup: