PDA

View Full Version : is this a fair price

BIGV
04-12-2004, 07:02 PM
I just got a price quote for 1100.00 from Laroccas in old bridge NJ for a pulley belt custom burn and cai is this a fair price. or should i do a predator or super chip and are they safe I have been reading that the generic burns are to lean even with the the ability to put your pulley size in like the predator. If i do the pulley myself with the predator i could also get my exhaust for about the same price 1100.00. with the pred or S/C tuner would I have to get my A/F checked or is it reliable. also does the 3.2 pulley require a chip or will the computer compensate for the extra boost/how much boost. I know some if not all of these questions have been asked Im just anal about my car I donnot want to take a chance of blowing the motor 1100.00 sounds good verses 11000.00 for a new motor any info or personal expieriences with these products would be a great help thanks

NO 5 OH
04-13-2004, 01:03 AM
I just got a price quote for 1100.00 from Laroccas in old bridge NJ for a pulley belt custom burn and cai is this a fair price. or should i do a predator or super chip and are they safe I have been reading that the generic burns are to lean even with the the ability to put your pulley size in like the predator. If i do the pulley myself with the predator i could also get my exhaust for about the same price 1100.00. with the pred or S/C tuner would I have to get my A/F checked or is it reliable. also does the 3.2 pulley require a chip or will the computer compensate for the extra boost/how much boost. I know some if not all of these questions have been asked Im just anal about my car I donnot want to take a chance of blowing the motor 1100.00 sounds good verses 11000.00 for a new motor any info or personal expieriences with these products would be a great help thanks

I personally think that they're also charging you for the "Larocca Lube" as well :doubt:

Here's my combo... and the price:

Kenne Bell 2.75" steel blower pulley $60
Metco idler pullies (100mm aux. pulley, 100mm and 90mm replacement pullies) $320
WMS Cold Air $149
SCT hand held flasher with 3 custom tunes $425
Use stock belt with above pulley and idlers $FREE

That comes to $954, plus shipping. With the custom tune I made:

426 rwhp
511 rwtq

And this is still on the stock exhaust from the manifolds back. All the above stuff can be done by you... it's not hard to install at all. You can get the SCT flasher from Don at Modular Madness (www.modularmadness.com) and I'm more than sure he can hook you up with a good, safe tune.

I ran a 3.00" pulley on the stock factory computer and I didn't get any detonation that I could tell... although I didn't get it dynoed to see what the A/F is. If you do the above and do it yourself... you'll be pleased with the results.

HTH,

Shannon