PDA

View Full Version : Carbotech XP 1109s or Hawk blues?

Calvin_1976
04-13-2004, 02:09 PM
I have used the blues on VIR-North and CMP with great results. My only experience with Carbotechs were with the P+ 1106 on VIR-South this past weekend. I would like to stick with Carbotech since they are a club/event sponsor for THSCC but would like to hear a few opinions or comparisons from someone that has used both.

98banana
04-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I have used the blues on VIR-North and CMP with great results. My only experience with Carbotechs were with the P+ 1106 on VIR-South this past weekend. I would like to stick with Carbotech since they are a club/event sponsor for THSCC but would like to hear a few opinions or comparisons from someone that has used both.

On the banana, I started out using blues on the front and blacks on the rear. I went through rotors like mad, but I also stopped like mad.

I changed to 1108's on the front and 1107 (I think) on the rear and still stopped like mad without the rotor wear. I also tried the 1109's on the front of the Focus at CMP with very great results. I'm a Carbotech fan.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have a set of 1108's for the Cobra PBR front calipers if you're interested. They are about 2 years old but still in the box. Craig has first dibs since I offered them to him before CMP, but if he doesn't want them, they're yours for $50.

Calvin_1976
04-13-2004, 03:22 PM
If Craig doesnt pickup the 1108s from you let me know I will buy them. Thanks for the information I am going to put an order in soon. :thumbsup:

COBRA #17
04-13-2004, 04:44 PM
1109's are a bit more consistant and longer living. but for a street car in open track the 1108's should be fine. Speaking of PBR's I found a set in my trailer I forggot I had. I rebuilt them about a month before I took them off. I think they had one event on them. Anybody interested email me !!!
hooverracing@aol.com

WASHED UP HAS BEEN !!! HOOV

AV8SS :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
04-13-2004, 11:24 PM
If Craig doesnt pickup the 1108s from you let me know I will buy them. Thanks for the information I am going to put an order in soon. :thumbsup:

Joel, you go ahead and get them from Tom (Btw Tom, you've got some cash on the way for all the help you've given me ;) ). I won't be back on track until June, so I've got some time to order. But, if you don't get them, let me know because I'll take them. I tried the Cobalt Spec VR's and didn't care all that much for them, so I'm gonna give the Carbotech's another shot. The Panther +'s I use to run were 25% better than the set of Cobalts that I ran at the last 2 CMP weekends. Who knows :rolleyes:

I've heard good things about the Hawks, but everyone says they DESTROY rotors.

Craig :thumbsup:

Calvin_1976
04-14-2004, 06:46 AM
Thanks Craig :thumbsup: the 1108s will make some good spares if I need them. If you had one thing you didnt like about the P+ pads what would it be (other than noise when cold or dust)? I found they didnt fade but took a little to much pedal pressure and if you run them a little on the hot side they wear pretty fast.

Tom I will PM you about the pads. :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
04-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Hey!
I can't say that I have any complaints about the P+'s. They don't have as high of heat threshhold as the Cobalt VR's, but they had more "bite" IMO. Just keep braking late and you'll be fine with them. You might see a little fade from time to time, but the bite is consistent (higher than the Spec VR's) if they aren't too hot. The Cobalts actually had me mentally "rattled" because I couldn't predict what the hell they were going to do.

Craig