PDA

View Full Version : WEll Looks like My Fun ford Weekend is over before it even started!

bluethunder
04-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Took my car out yesterday for a drive and at a light some guy points over at the front of my car and says it's leaking!

So I go home and check it out and looks like a head gasket is blown and the front timing cover cracked! I am going to take it apart this weekend but it doesn't look like I will be running it on my new bottle set up or off the bottle set up! Gotta start planning a new motor to have done soon so It's not down too long!

I hate it when this **** happens all at once! Electric, Brakes, now Engine!

Guess, I'll have to find someone who will let me run a car at the event or someone that doesn't have a licence to run the speed there car is capable of!

Levi
04-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out.

Mephisto
04-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Dude, that sucks. Nice of that guy to tell you about the leak.

I promise to buy you a light carb fu fu beer next time we hang.

I say screw it and just have a fun mini weekend.

bluethunder
04-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Dude, that sucks. Nice of that guy to tell you about the leak.

I say screw it and just have a fun mini weekend.

:rotf: :rotf: I am going to try and tear it down this weekend and see if i can't get it to hold till after FFW but the new Bottle set up is going to be hell on it!
WE'll see if it can be a fun Mini weekend, But I love one ting today...........
IT"S THE LAST DAY OF TAX SEASON FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone get your taxes in the mail today!

And I'll take you up on that!

LadyCobra01'
04-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear it!! That really bites! :mad:

Kim

coleman
04-15-2004, 11:28 AM
i'm tearing into my car as well ... i hope it's only one of my solid lifters that went out of adjustment.

Carl G
04-15-2004, 05:46 PM
i'm tearing into my car as well ... i hope it's only one of my solid lifters that went out of adjustment.
Whats up with that? What kind of problems are you having?

coleman
04-15-2004, 07:19 PM
i think one of my solid lifters backed off far enough to let a follower drop off :(
so, now i'm trying to determine where to go from here.
can i just throw it back on?
i need to get a remote starter switch to move the crank around to the right position so i can attempt it.

msmap
04-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Sorry about your troubles Joey and Coleman. That plain sucks :(

Twice Bitten
04-15-2004, 08:16 PM
Guess, I'll have to find someone who will let me run a car at the event or someone that doesn't have a licence to run the speed there car is capable of!

Yoey, I would let you drive my car if it were fast :D :rotf:

Carl G
04-15-2004, 10:38 PM
i think one of my solid lifters backed off far enough to let a follower drop off :(
so, now i'm trying to determine where to go from here.
can i just throw it back on?
i need to get a remote starter switch to move the crank around to the right position so i can attempt it.I think that I would want to know what caused the root problem and then go from there. It sounds more serious than what I am reading. You just invested a lot of cash in that new motor so go slow and get the right advise. :thumbsup: Hope things get better for you soon.

coleman
04-15-2004, 11:10 PM
i doubt the lashing was ever set correctly after running the engine.
maybe there wasn't any or enough threadlock on the lifter such that it backed off over 2000 miles -- gee, that isn't much at all.

anyway, i'll know if this is more feasible when i try to put the follower/lifter back in cuz if i can squeeze it in there easily, very likely that, that is what happened. the screw in the top of the lifter was very far down which could easily permit more play than it should have had.

anyway, i'm learning quite a bit ... & this KB plenum really sucks!
i could have had the valve covers off two days ago if it weren't for the plenum -- just can't easily remove it so i had to loosen the entire intake :mad:

Topless In Tex
04-15-2004, 11:24 PM
anyway, i'm learning quite a bit ... & this KB plenum really sucks!
i could have had the valve covers off two days ago if it weren't for the plenum -- just can't easily remove it so i had to loosen the entire intake :mad:
Coleman...
Steve (WhiteSnake) Blew a head gasket shortly after he installed his Kenny Bell in his '94 Cobra..... He fixed it himself....might be worth picking his brain. Dont know if maybe he can have any input for you, but it is SURELY worth a try! He left tonight for La... choppered out to the ship in the morning, but he will have his laptop and is online everyday(or night I should say, he's on nights). If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I'll send ya his email addy.....:)
REALLY sorry to hear about that! I know how frustrating it is! :(
Good luck! :bubye:

coleman
04-16-2004, 12:21 AM
i'm doing fine & have a big network of friends up here in DFW :bounce:
and thanks for the information :thumbsup:
i'm going to try put the lifter & follower back in tomorrow after work...

for now, i'm running around in a Daewoo Lanoz :rotf:
maybe i'll take that to the autoX this Sunday... :cool:

Carl G
04-16-2004, 08:20 AM
i'm doing fine & have a big network of friends up here in DFW :bounce:
and thanks for the information :thumbsup:
i'm going to try put the lifter & follower back in tomorrow after work...

for now, i'm running around in a Daewoo Lanoz :rotf:
maybe i'll take that to the autoX this Sunday... :cool:
Good luck bud, let us know how it turns out. :thumbsup:

bluethunder
04-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Yoey, I would let you drive my car if it were fast :D :rotf:
:chairshot :chairshot :chairshot :touche: :starwars: :evil: :shockwave :shockwave :shockwave