PDA

View Full Version : need some help !!!!1

svt99cobra
04-19-2004, 08:05 AM
Hey every 1, just needing some help I have a friend that has a 01 ws6 and I have a 99 cobra with a few mods and he is bragging alll the time that he can kill my car no matter what I do. So i need some help with some good cheap mods that i can do to beat him.:o

thanx:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
04-19-2004, 08:37 AM
Depends on his mods you may have trouble. Put some underdrive pulleys on it and an off road pipe... that's good for 17 rwhp and will put you close to 300 at the rear wheels with your cold air kit. Also, if you have your computer reflashed, you can get extra ponies there to edge him out. Then it will be a driver's race! :thumbsup:

tcrews
04-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Hey every 1, just needing some help I have a friend that has a 01 ws6 and I have a 99 cobra with a few mods and he is bragging alll the time that he can kill my car no matter what I do. So i need some help with some good cheap mods that i can do to beat him.:o

thanx:thumbsup:
He's got you by horsepower and by torque so it's going to take quite a few mods. Gears being the biggie...4.30's would go a long way in helping and of course some sticky tires to help (Nitto Dragradials). Underdrive pulleys, a timing adjuster, an off road H-pipe would all help bring you closer to his levels. Having your computer reflashed won't do squat for you so don't worry about that....nor would an off the shelf chip, especially with that limited number of mods.

Can your friend drive? If he can it's going to be very difficult. Is his a 6 speed or an automatic? The automatic LS1's launch like a bat out of hell and you'll have a very tough time against that. The M6 cars take more driver skill to get off with a hard launch and it would be easy for him to blow his tires off and just sit and spin. Your IRS isn't going to help you out in your launch....so definitely get some practice in.

Some BBK longtube headers, BBK shorty offroad H-pipe, 4.30 gears, Nitto 275/40/17 dragradials, underdrive pulleys, steeda timing adjuster, a Cold-air kit and a great launch could give you the win. Or a 75-100 shot of nitrous :)

svt99cobra
04-20-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanx a lot guys and to answer you he has a m6 sp and he does not know how to drive that well yet. But I see him every day practicing driving. I think my next mod will be the pulleys after that don't know maybe headers:mad: , have to save for a wile

p.s will post what went down!!!!!:cool: :thumbsup: