PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from semi/new/old lurker....dude

jimmysidecarr
04-21-2004, 01:09 AM
Over on SVT perf I'm known as jimmysidecarr..... ancient relic gear head...
I finally got my Cobra..... Jazzed big time! just love it!
Met some great folks tonight at starbucks and TGI fridays.... talked and had a grand old time. Got to ask WAAAAAY too many questions and no one got annoyed(or they hide it well)..... No seriously great folks! great time!!
Thanks again to all and great meeting you!!!
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Carl G
04-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Over on SVT perf I'm known as jimmysidecarr..... ancient relic gear head...
I finally got my Cobra..... Jazzed big time! just love it!
Met some great folks tonight at starbucks and TGI fridays.... talked and had a grand old time. Got to ask WAAAAAY too many questions and no one got annoyed(or they hide it well)..... No seriously great folks! great time!!
Thanks again to all and great meeting you!!!
Jimmy :thumbsup:
Glad you made it out Jimmy, love that color on your Cobra. Enjoy and hope to see you next week.

coleman
04-21-2004, 09:00 AM
nice to see you getting around...
as you know, i'm over here in the dallas area, but maybe we'll meet at a future event.

msmap
04-21-2004, 09:17 AM
It was a pleasure meeting you, Jimmy. Hope you are not a stranger. Love your car :thumbsup:

Mystic Cobra
04-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi Jimmy,
Welcome to SCMC. As you can tell already there is a great group of people here.
It's always good to have another Mystichrome around. :D

03 cobra toy
04-21-2004, 10:29 AM
It was nice meeting also....Guys we have another OPEN TRACK Cobra to add to the group.....Welcome to our board Jimmy

:bounce:

Evilcartman
04-21-2004, 11:07 AM
It was good meeting you Jimmy. Hope to see you more often.

Last night was a good night. I ran a M3 on the way to Starbucks and a Mini on the way home. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Welcome!! Nice cobra!! :thumbsup:

Kim

Twice Bitten
04-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Welcome :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
04-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Sorry for humping your car last night while you were in the restaurant :D

Welcome....beautiful car........ :flip: :drool: :jawdrop:

Firme
04-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Welcom Jimmy,

that is an awesome car. I wish I had one :bawling:

sorry I couldn't come out and han on Tuesday, but I am out of town. Maybe I will see you on an upcomming Tuesday night. :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
04-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Man It would be my luck that the week I don't go to dinner with yall some new people show up :bawling: Maybe I'll see you next week!

jimmysidecarr
04-21-2004, 08:28 PM
I just knew this was going to be a "class" group...... and man was I right What a great bunch!!!
It's true.... Open tracking is going to be my primary focus( it's a seat time, bang for the buck, adrenaline thing for me).
I broke way too many parts when I used to drag race$$$$$$$
400 foot pounds and beyond of torque has a certain affect on parts normally considered quite strong. :jason:
Thanks to everyone for the kind words! And thanks in advance as I try to establish the best mod path for me, especially with regard to our "famous" cooling issues.
I want to appologise up front to anyone if I made you think I'm an engine builder.... I'm strickly an amateur who uses his ears and mouth in the proportions God gave them to me( hopefully).... I have no degree, or racing pedigree, just some old school hand me down racer knowlege( and not much of that)
I am a pretty good listener, and that has gotten me where I am so far, that and rudimentary knowlege of engines, tires, a little chassis( still a lot to learn there... "polar moment of inertia".....Phweew) and the ability to see when I need to stop and learn more about something before proceding.

BTW the Tuesday night thing is darn near a perfect "fit" for me, I may not always want to do the dinner part, but the Starbucks brain stormin is "priceless"......I would not miss it if at all possible. :thumbsup:

John .............your a nut!.... I can tell your a fun guy to hang with.
Evilcartman..... I've already absorbed so much from you and ....
03Cobratoy... that if we were looking at billable hours here I would be in serious debt$$$$$ lol
Carl.... cool meeting you! I guess we are kinda close in age(not that that matters that much when you love cool Fords!!!) :thumbsup:
Sherri... That vert is sooo sweet!... so cool meeting genuine gearhead females..... you just don't know!....Btw... those Stingers just RIP!!!
ooooops edited---4/23/04jimmy
Please give me a little time to work on.......name/face recognition. I'll try not to embarass anyone(or myself) too bad in the meantime.

Y'all ROCK!!......... :thumbsup:
Jimmy

97CasperCobra
04-21-2004, 10:14 PM
Welcome to our little "home" on the Web Jimmy. Glad to hear we have another "nut" to the group, this summer's gonna ROCK!!! BBQ's, Car shows, cruises, track events....oh the list goes on and on. ;)

Hope to meet ya soon man. Love the car. :thumbsup:

Mystic_Cobra
04-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh, no, another Jimmy with a Mystic. Love that paint, dude.
I'm going to have to get me one of those!
:cool:

Mystic Cobra
04-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Sorry for humping your car last night while you were in the restaurant :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
John:
I hope you wore protection! :D

cobrapace94
04-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Good to have new people involved. Yes there is a good bunch of people here. :thumbsup:
Love the color, good choice. :thumbsup: :bounce: