PDA

View Full Version : missing 3rd

My Cobra
04-22-2004, 11:14 AM
i was wanting to know if anybody misses 3rd as much as i do? anything i can do to stop this? I will miss it 25% of the time. I have a pro 50 shifter that is shorter. but i miss 3rd all the time. what should i do ?

Lumpydogs
04-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Move your seat up! Most drivers sit way to far back to have
proper control over their vehicles (my little soap box speech).

Hopefully your car doesn't have something really wrong. Try searching
transmission problems on this and other stang sites.
Bent fork, clutch, syncro, etc.

p.s. The installation of my Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter eliminated the
missed 3rd gear problem on my 01' Cobra.

nckissfan
04-22-2004, 02:31 PM
I did the first week I owned my Cobra. All I have ever driven before this were Ford trucks, so I was not used to the pattern. I would go from 2nd to 5th, it was quite embarassing. Now I have it down good. I tend to shift a lot smoother when I am getting on it, too.

My Cobra
04-23-2004, 12:36 AM
I miss 3rd all the time. I am use to a ford trucks stick shift. Most of the time i hit 3rd fine but some times i hit that bar between 1st and 3rd and it pisses me off. guess i gotta mess with it a bit.:burnout:

cobrabitn
04-23-2004, 12:47 AM
Get a Steeda shifter and solve the missing gear problem. That was the best mod to have as a first one. ;)

Firme
04-23-2004, 12:49 AM
its my experience that the pro-5.0 is better than the Tri-Ax, but thats just my opinion, however, the pro-5.0 handle is not good at all, I recommend the MGW Shift handle. Make sure you set it up to make 3rd more of a natural travel for you. The MGW handle is customizable and can be configured for your style

JBowers
04-24-2004, 02:19 AM
See my problem is that i'm tall and i've got to sit my seat back so i can crawl in and out of it :) but i don't have a problem to slide it up a bit just to race a bit...some people can tell u that at auto fair i had my seat laied back when i drove...it was rather funny....and i also have a problem with sitting up on the wheel also :rolleyes: :D