PDA

View Full Version : Fun Ford Weekend

Mephisto
04-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Haven't seen a FFW specific thread started yet so I thought I would start one to keep all the info together.
Can we come up with a gameplan. Wou is going? Who will show on which day? Should we show as a group? Who will run? Should we meet and cruise in? etc. :rolleyes:

John Chingasos
04-22-2004, 01:58 PM
I am showing on Saturday and hanging out on Sunday.....maybe showing both days.....Already got the weekend pass

:drunk:

I am out...............LATE

msmap
04-22-2004, 04:49 PM
Hope to show both days :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
04-22-2004, 04:50 PM
I am "planning" on being there both days to show (unless work tells me other wise). It's $40 to show both days or $35 to watch both days, for $5 more you get good parking & can bring the cooler in, plus could possible win a award or door prize. I'm thinking about running true street & going for a index, probly 14.0 unless I miss a shift, then will go for 15.0. Closest to index wins trophy. Still deciding on to run or not.
No plans on what time I am getting there yet or cruising together with anyone yet. So let the plans begin. :thumbsup: :bounce:

93KingCobra
04-22-2004, 05:02 PM
I really can't decide if I should show or race, probably show being that I have the slowest Cobra in H-Town :rotf:

What do ya'll think? should I break something or show and :cheers: ???

Levi
04-22-2004, 05:36 PM
I would like to go both days. :thumbsup:

LadyCobra01'
04-22-2004, 06:27 PM
I would like to show both days! :thumbsup: Can someone post the k to Fun Ford Weekend? :bounce:

Kim

93KingCobra
04-22-2004, 06:43 PM
I would like to show both days! :thumbsup: Can someone post the k to Fun Ford Weekend? :bounce:

Kim

What is the (k) mean ?

cobrapace94
04-22-2004, 09:19 PM
I assume L means link?
Here is the link to the Fun Ford (http://www.funfordevents.com/) & here is the Houston Fun Ford (http://www.funfordevents.com/index.php?src=directory&view=Event%20List&srctype=display&back=Event%20List&id=437&submenu=Events&view=Event+List&pos=0,20,13&PHPSESSID=e905bf71686ab0482957f3572d8403d0)

No, I'm pretty sure I have the slowest Cobra in H town, vert NA 5.0 (heavy, no blower & lowest HP rating) & driver who doesn't want to tell the wife I broke the car racing :eek: :baby: :whipit: :spanked: :spank2: with over 122k miles to boot. What she does not know won't hurt her & it is easier to ask for forgivness than permission. :thumbsup:

Firme
04-22-2004, 10:26 PM
we need to set up a cruise in

Carl G
04-22-2004, 10:38 PM
we need to set up a cruise in
Im in for both days probably will show both, dont think I will put on the track.
Cruise in sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
04-22-2004, 11:47 PM
Im in for both days probably will show both, dont think I will put on the track.
Cruise in sounds good to me :thumbsup:

With Chris Johnson coming in place of Jerry Wroblewski, you will have the tune to put your car on the track :thumbsup:

bluethunder
04-23-2004, 09:23 AM
I can't beleive all of you- Not one of you is even thinking of racing! It's a drag strip for Christsakes!!!!! You guys really disappoint me on this note!!!!!

And phil, You've been waiting what?- 5 years to go down the strip and run in FFW. :mad:

Larry needs to bring the '03- Break it and put a real rear end in it!
Larry also needs to bring the shelby clone out and show it!

Andy- That's not a drag car so- he should show it!

And the ladies- You need to run in True street and maybe get fetured or even you picture in a mag. ( women always get there hot rods featured!)

<------- " SHAKES HEAD ALOT AT THIS GROUP"

bluethunder
04-23-2004, 09:24 AM
With Chris Johnson coming in place of Jerry Wroblewski, you will have the tune to put your car on the track :thumbsup:

Does that mean you are going to put yours on the track?

John Chingasos
04-23-2004, 09:27 AM
No.....I definetly have the slowest cobra.....225 HP and and bone stock too

93KingCobra
04-23-2004, 10:00 AM
And phil, You've been waiting what?- 5 years to go down the strip and run in FFW. :mad:

So in what class would I run in? :dunno:

bluethunder
04-23-2004, 10:32 AM
So in what class would I run in? :dunno:
http://www.funfordevents.com/index.php?submenu=Rules&src=directory&view=Rules

True Street, or Quick ford!

Quick Ford:
QUICK FORD

Elapsed time range: 7.50 to 17.99. Reserved for "door slammer" type vehicles only. Open wheel vehicles or roadsters not permitted. Any device that aids in achieving a pre-arranged elapsed time or elapsed time limiter is prohibited. Transbrake, two step type of device or any other type of starting line aids are prohibited. Foot brake only. The only electronics permitted are a line lock and a high RPM limiting chip. No limitations on modifications or components. NOTE: At some facilities, the host track's normal bracket programs use a "box or no-box" format. Acceptions to the "no trans brake or two-step type of devices" restrictions may be initiated in Quick Ford at some FFW events so as to conform to the "no-box" rule. This acception may apply to certain open wheel vehicles also.

bluethunder
04-23-2004, 10:33 AM
No.....I definetly have the slowest cobra.....225 HP and and bone stock too

I only put down 278 to the rear wheels!

Levi
04-23-2004, 10:39 AM
I can't beleive all of you- Not one of you is even thinking of racing! It's a drag strip for Christsakes!!!!! You guys really disappoint me on this note!!!!!

Dude, we are a bunch of corner carvers and you should count your lucky stars we show up at all. j/k. :rotf:

bluethunder
04-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Dude, we are a bunch of corner carvers and you should count your lucky stars we show up at all. j/k. :rotf:

Corner carvers or not you should still come out and run!

Mephisto
04-23-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm am lover not a fighter. I will show and hang out. :D

Levi
04-23-2004, 12:40 PM
http://www.funfordevents.com/index.php?submenu=Rules&src=directory&view=Rules

True Street, or Quick ford!

Quick Ford:
QUICK FORD

Elapsed time range: 7.50 to 17.99. Reserved for "door slammer" type vehicles only. Open wheel vehicles or roadsters not permitted. Any device that aids in achieving a pre-arranged elapsed time or elapsed time limiter is prohibited. Transbrake, two step type of device or any other type of starting line aids are prohibited. Foot brake only. The only electronics permitted are a line lock and a high RPM limiting chip. No limitations on modifications or components. NOTE: At some facilities, the host track's normal bracket programs use a "box or no-box" format. Acceptions to the "no trans brake or two-step type of devices" restrictions may be initiated in Quick Ford at some FFW events so as to conform to the "no-box" rule. This acception may apply to certain open wheel vehicles also.

Joey, can we run drag radials in true street?

bluethunder
04-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Joey, can we run drag radials in true street?

Yes, you can run anything you want except Full slicks ie: ( ET Drags, MT Drags, or any slick!) They do not count nitto's and BFG DRag radials as slicks!
You can even run the new MT Street Radial that is like a Drag Radial!

Levi
04-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Yes, you can run anything you want except Full slicks ie: ( ET Drags, MT Drags, or any slick!) They do not count nitto's and BFG DRag radials as slicks!
You can even run the new MT Street Radial that is like a Drag Radial!

I have a set of Nitto DR's and will get them mounted up on a set of old rims
and enter True Street. Will that make you happy?

John Chingasos
04-23-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm am lover not a fighter. I will show and hang out. :D

I am both and a drinker :drunk:

John Chingasos
04-23-2004, 02:03 PM

Why havent you called me??? I need to ask you a question......dont be scared :cool:

bluethunder
04-23-2004, 02:37 PM

You can show and let me use the drag radials- That would be cool too!

But yea mount them up, come on out and run some instead of sitting on the side lines with the rest of the Cobra's!
:rotf:

LadyCobra01'
04-23-2004, 02:50 PM
What is the (k) mean ?
whoops!! :D I see someone figured out what I meant to type!! Link!! :thumbsup: Duh!!

Kim

Mephisto
04-23-2004, 05:23 PM
You can show and let me use the drag radials- That would be cool too!

But yea mount them up, come on out and run some instead of sitting on the side lines with the rest of the Cobra's!
:rotf:

How can you race with a hangover from drinking fu-fu beer?

03 cobra toy
04-23-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm in.....I may show my car..... :thumbsup:

cobltng
04-23-2004, 06:30 PM
:cool: Im in for both days probably will show both, dont think I will put on the track.
Cruise in sounds good to me :thumbsup:Barb and I will Show probably Sunday only. Expect to be at HRP very early (7-8 a.m.) lines are long. We will be going via the toll road Showing the Lightning only.(lots of new stuff)

Topless In Tex
04-23-2004, 09:04 PM
I will show both days...have not missed one since 1999! :thumbsup: Although, my car looks like crap these days, and I have a real bad feeling this year I will go home empty handed....but, Its still a good time. And, I always enjoy seeing all the people again...

who knows...maybe my buddy Dennis will be there again! (Dennis Gage/My Classic Car)LOL.... Ive seen him about 4 or 5 times between there and Ennis.... Hes prolly pissed at me for not having drinks with him that time. :o

Kim, I will meet you and we can cruise up there together....Prolly be easier to meet on your side of town. I will find out if Tim or Dan are going. Steve will still be on the ship. :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone there...
:banana:TNT:banana:

raven69david
04-25-2004, 12:31 AM
I am planning on going thus far on Saturday. I need more info on where all the H-town peeps would meet to cruise over there or some other plan of attack. This info would be nice as i would need to leave 3 hours early to make it to any meeting spot in Houston....maybe a little more with all the weekend traffic in H-town...gawd your traffic sux a$$ on Saturdays. :mad: Will the freeway ever be finished coming into Houston? That things been under construction since 1980 and still isn't finished!!!! :chairshot

03 cobra toy
04-25-2004, 01:08 PM
I am planning on going thus far on Saturday. I need more info on where all the H-town peeps would meet to cruise over there or some other plan of attack. This info would be nice as i would need to leave 3 hours early to make it to any meeting spot in Houston....:chairshot

Does anyone want to meet? I plan on showing my car so I can get a good parking spot....

John Chingasos
04-25-2004, 09:18 PM
Does anyone want to meet? I plan on showing my car so I can get a good parking spot....

Do you want to meet at Whataburger on 290 and jones

Mephisto
04-26-2004, 09:23 AM
290 and Jones? Can we pick a spot that is more central. Is there any place to meet around I-45 and 610 or I-45 and beltway 8?

Do you want to meet at Whataburger on 290 and jones

bluethunder
04-26-2004, 09:31 AM
I agree with the Fu-Fu Buyer- Somewhere like beltway and I-10 or Even someplace like Beltway and 45!

I'll have the EZ-UP out the track if anyone is interested!

Also the have the 10x10's on sale at oshmans for sale for $59.00 - Offer ends Monday at close of business!

Just thought I'd let everyone know!