PDA

View Full Version : dern county roads!

nckissfan
04-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey, Tina and I were on our way home from the folks house, going down New Town Rd. in Union County, NC. Well, it was dark as could be, and I went around a curve, and over a bridge. Upon approach of the bridge I see two huge chunks of something in the middle of the bridge, covering both lanes of this tiny country bridge. I had no choice but to run it over. It felt, and sounded awful. I cringed, but rolled on. I got about four miles down the road, and it felt as if the tire was going down. So, I got to the only place on this road that was well lit, and had ample space to change the tire. Just as I turned in, the tire let go of the rim, wow good timing. So, I get everything out of the trunk, prepare to change the tire, and notice the locking lugs. WTF!! There is supposed to be a key attached to the lug wrench. Not! Well, Tina calls AAA. What a rip off they are. They said 45 minutes, ok that is cool. An hour and a half later, she phones back. The lady states that it will be another two and a half hours, it is 1 am now, I tell them to **** off. Today I get the car to the Taj Ma Ford dealer. They remove the lock lugs, replace them with regular lugs. Cool. I take a look at the rim, it has a huge bend in the inside. It is trash. The front rim, and the right rim also have damage, but just cosmetic. So, the one tire is toast, along with the rim. I am getting the rim replaced, and am getting a set of new tires cause Tina said so. Who am I to argue?? :D All in all, it was an eventful evening. Oh yeah, I drove by the bridge today,....and the hole has a fresh patch. *raising my fists, yelling, you bastards!*

sorry for the long rant......ahhh I feel better!

oh yeah, this may have an effect on how long, and if I can attend the 5th anniversary. I am just going to try and get there wed. and thurs. now. I want the dragon, and may as well break in the new rubber.

97whitevert
04-23-2004, 07:49 PM
oh yeah, this may have an effect on how long, and if I can attend the 5th anniversary. I am just going to try and get there wed. and thurs. now. I want the dragon, and may as well break in the new rubber. man i hate to hear that.. every time i hit a pothole i cry and worry...:bawling::bawling:

but you 'd BETTER still get to the 5th!! i'd hate to have to go to MARVIN to kick some union co A$$
:eek: :eek:

nckissfan
04-23-2004, 09:25 PM
bring it on! :D I am going to do my best. I am really looking forward to these tars, err tires. Besides, I don't think you have what it takes to kick butt! :D

cobrabitn
04-23-2004, 11:00 PM
You obviously don't know Lisa..... :rotf: . Anyway, your insurance will cover the tires, rims , etc if you have comprehensive coverage. I'd check into that too! :thumbsup: Sorry for the mishap... :(

97whitevert
04-24-2004, 07:21 AM
bring it on! :D I am going to do my best. I am really looking forward to these tars, err tires. Besides, I don't think you have what it takes to kick butt! :D
i see the fingers moving butt all i hear is blah blah blah.... ;) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

97whitevert
04-24-2004, 07:22 AM
You obviously don't know Lisa..... :rotf: thanks tony
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

nckissfan
04-24-2004, 09:37 AM
I am going to check with the county, and see what they say about the hole. And, I will check in on my insurance.

I will blah, blah, blah you, Lisa! :D

cowboyharry
04-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Pardon him, he know not what he sayeth, that bump in the road must have bumped his head too. :eek:

cowboyharry
04-25-2004, 12:44 PM
You took it better than I would. I would have invented some new really bad :mad: words. :eek:

nckissfan
04-25-2004, 01:37 PM
trust me I did, just didn't want to share them :D

97whitevert
04-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Pardon him, he know not what he sayeth, that bump in the road must have bumped his head too. :eek:
thanks harry !! glad to no someone's on MY side.... :D :D

nckissfan
04-25-2004, 07:46 PM
blah, blah, Lisa, blah, blah, blah :D :p

97whitevert
04-25-2004, 08:49 PM
blah, blah, Lisa, blah, blah, blah :D :p
if you're trying to say something here Mike- all i am hearing is blah blah blah.... :spank2: :grinangel :grinangel

nckissfan
04-25-2004, 09:20 PM
how can you be devilish, and ----> :grinangel Sounds like a load of :flush: to me

My Cobra
04-26-2004, 09:21 AM
yea that is sad. that happend in my SS. i went on a rant at the county office and called them for a few days in a row then they paid me for it. ha ha. give them a ring some times if you complain they will get you to shut up by handing you a check.

nckissfan
04-26-2004, 04:10 PM
I called today. I have to fill out a form, and send it to the attorney general's office. Something like that. I am going to give it a shot. The new(refurbished) rim cost me $175. And the new tire for that rim is $145. Not to mention if there is any damage to the underside of the car. I will know that tomorrow.

97whitevert
04-26-2004, 04:54 PM
how can you be devilish, and ----> :grinangel Sounds like a load of :flush: to me
can't you see its a devilsh grin??:grinangel :grinangel