PDA

View Full Version : master cert tech verifies my INTERNET info was valid

jimmysidecarr
04-23-2004, 10:26 PM
Well ... Kinda made me feel vindicated in a way, So many of the guys think I'm getting my head filled with mush by reading "all that internet crap"....
Thing is though, even back in the muscle car days you had to constantly keep your BS filter in tip top shape(car guys in general run the gamete from morons to engineering genious)..... you can get good and bad info anywhere...
Anyway ...back on topic... I had been talking to him about the tick(03/04 Cobra,Marauder,Mach1,Aviator) and possible solutions I'd heard of(Apten), and some of the other ramifications of excess heat in the left head, like every blown up high boost motor I read about had failures on cyls on the left side....almost exclusively 7 and 8!
And we talked about chips and tunes and air fuel.... and on and on( it's been slow)
So today he tells me he talked to 2 different powertrain engineers from Ford about my Cobra and my alleged "tick"...... They verified every idea I had suggested to him... Including the Apten cooling mod!!! Yea that's right the inside guy's at Ford know about it and think it's a good idea!!
They confirmed the condition exists, that they are working on a solution(the problem is in fact over heated exhaust guides), and that, as of now there is now fix..........yet!

He said(confirming my already laid plans) Just drive the $h#t out of it, do your cooling stuff for open track, but hold out on the "big" power mods just yet....

I personally would like to see those cooling passages, I would also like to see how wide the margins are on the exhaust valves and seats.... Alot of heat is removed from the valve while it contacts the seat.... If the margins are too narrow( and I've heard they are) not as much heat transfers out into the head, also why can't we run a pro racing grade nickel bronze guide, and maybe put some steam holes in the head and deck at 7 and 8.....

AM I SICK????..........lol
Jimmy :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
04-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Ford is always spying on us...... Also Ford knows that there is a cooling problem with the 03/04 Cobra and other 4.6 32V engines...It's all about the $$$$

I'll just fix the cooling system myself....

raven69david
04-25-2004, 12:34 AM
I'll just fix the cooling system myself....

..and send them the bill! :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
04-25-2004, 10:10 AM
..and send them the bill! :thumbsup:
I wish the fockers would pay.... :mad:

Firme
04-26-2004, 01:21 PM
I keep telling you, lets design our own cooling fix and Market it as the South Central Cobra's 32v cooling kit. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
04-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I keep telling you, lets design our own cooling fix and Market it as the South Central Cobra's 32v cooling kit. :thumbsup:

That would be nice....But I'm working with Evans cooling system and they have all the stuffff to flow test engines....