PDA

View Full Version : new members?

My Cobra
04-26-2004, 10:57 AM
i was wanting to know what the deal is with recruiting new members. Is there some type of contest? i saw a 99 cobra today gave him the web address, and a 96 mystic chrome (think it was 96) gave them all the web address. I see cobras all the time. and woudl like to get them in the club. Is there some sort of deal where if you get so many other peopel to join your membership fee for the next year is waved. that is the way it is in a few of the other clubs i have been in.

nckissfan
04-26-2004, 04:07 PM
I have a stack of business cards for the club, with my name and number on them. I keep them in my unused ashtry, for such occasions. I have passed out a bunch, but have had only one person respond.

97whitevert
04-26-2004, 04:57 PM
make sure they mention your name somehow when they join.. like on the regisrtion form, and you will get credit. the person with the most will win a stupendous prize! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

My Cobra
04-27-2004, 10:06 AM
sweetness. i am gonna have to print out some of those cards from the site and pass them out.

nckissfan
04-28-2004, 11:22 AM
that is the way to do it.

Mystic_Cobra
04-29-2004, 01:04 AM
A contest would be cool. We need cool prizes, tho...

BTW, My Cobra... "Mystichrome" was in 2004 only. "Mystic" was in 96 only.

We mystic-types gotta keep you non-mystic-types out of trouble.
:D

cobrabitn
04-29-2004, 01:36 AM
The SCMC referral contest has been in effect from January till June 30, 2004. The prizes range from free apparel, to a discount at a track event, to free membership renewal. It's the choice of the winner. Although no strict rules were set, we ask that you have your name on the membership application of the person you are referring to the club.

If we do this again next year then we will not let the BB be a means to get new members. You have to do it without the aid of the SCMCwebsite.

Thanks.... :)

My Cobra
04-30-2004, 11:12 AM
my bad mystic ha ha i did not know that. All i know is that i handed out some cards to some guys that i chased down. It is weird when you want to give peopel a card they think you want to race. i am like damn it pull over and he is like "lets do this" ha ha. So we can not use the web site to refer members? That would mean we would need to print out the apps and have them fill them out cut a check and mail it in? That is gonna take a lot of paper.

cobrabitn
04-30-2004, 10:48 PM
No, it means you hand them a card or something with your name on it and ask them to put it on the reg form when they mail in their membership dues. I said not to use the SCMC website, I didn't say you couldn't use the Internet. ;)

If you see Cobras near where you live then stop and chat with them a minute, if they are real enthusiasts then they'll want to join up. :bounce:

2KWhiteSnake
05-01-2004, 01:51 AM
No, it means you hand them a card or something with your name on it and ask them to put it on the reg form when they mail in their membership dues. I said not to use the SCMC website, I didn't say you couldn't use the Internet. ;)

If you see Cobras near where you live then stop and chat with them a minute, if they are real enthusiasts then they'll want to join up. :bounce:

Nice choice of words Tony....my thoughts exactly. I owe you a phone call, if I could ever get away from work for more than 14.5 seconds. :eek: It's been 12 hours a day for the last 6 weeks (7 days a week mind you). I think it's going to slow down in the next 3 weeks. I'll give you a shout.

Craig

cobrabitn
05-01-2004, 08:08 AM
I'm waiting on that phone call......don't think I've forgotten about it! :doubt: