PDA

View Full Version : Hallett ... fun!

coleman
05-03-2004, 08:58 AM
I just got back from Hallett this weekend & had a blast!
The day after I put my car back together & i'm tearing up the track again :)
Darn, Hallett is a fun course :thumbsup:
I'll digitize some vids for everyone to enjoy ... everyone loved my car despite it being a porsche event :rotf:

Firme
05-03-2004, 11:34 AM
ok, first and foremost
:ttiwwop:

secondly, glad you had fun Coleman. How is the car running? What did you end up doing to it? What was the problem?

:woot: wish I could have gone...

coleman
05-03-2004, 12:01 PM
problem was that the follower fell of & lifter shot out two weeks ago...
i tore my engine apart (essentially) to locate & correct the problem.
which explained my lower than expected oil pressure!!!

anyway, it's all running great now :)

i'll post some vids & pics very soon...

Jesse99
05-03-2004, 12:08 PM
It's great to hear your car is back on the street.. :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the vids and pics you got.. :fordflag:

Firme
05-03-2004, 12:35 PM
It's great to hear your car is back on the street.. :thumbsup: I can't wait to see the vids and pics you got.. :fordflag:

speaking of which, how is your car man? does it have a tranny?

Jesse99
05-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Yes I got it back Friday.. They couldn't re-build the trans so I had to buy a new one.. I also bought a stage 1 clutch.. It runs great.. I been out all weekend long breaking in the new trans... :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
05-03-2004, 03:47 PM
I'll digitize some vids for everyone to enjoy ... everyone loved my car despite it being a porsche event :rotf:

I wish I was there......I hope to fix the cooling problem (road racing)with the 03 soon.

Carl G
05-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Glad your car is up and running again. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
05-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Coleman..... fantastic!!!!..................NO BREAKAGE!!!! :bounce:
Jimmy :thumbsup:

coleman
05-04-2004, 04:05 AM
and there were times that i certainly didn't take it easy :bounce:

now, i did have a close call ... coming out of turn #2, it sounded like something gave way. what could it be? the very worst went through my mind as i crawled around the track to the pit which took an eternity ... and my overactive imagination created some very bizarre, yet remote possibilities.

anyway, i was relieved to find that my 8-ribbed belt had turned into a 4-ribbed belt :eek: ... boy, that makes a mess!
i had to locate an autozone to purchase a replacement ... yes, i never ended up getting a spare after our austin cruise :p

i wonder what's causing me to chew up belts like that periodically :mad:
something isn't quite right...

regardless, the car didn't break anything substantial :rotf:
i'm getting ready for the midamerica meet in Hallett from June 10-13 :thumbsup:
i'll be on-track all three days!!! :cool:

Andy M
05-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Coleman,

I had planned to make Hallet last weekend, but other things came up to prevent me from going. This is the first year in 3 years that I don't make Mayfast.

You are certainly right about that... Hallet is definitely a BLAST!!

We should all find a way to make Mayfast next year together... :bounce: :thumbsup:

coleman
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
Andy, yes, they said that they usually have enough mustangs to make their own run group. But, I'm assuming that because FFW fell on the same weekend, that fewer people would show up.
I was the only mustang there & it was a blast chasing down boxster Ss, 911s, and 914s even...

I started in the green run group & they moved me up two run groups to white because my car was just too fast.

I did go off course twice though :rolleyes:
but not as bad as that one RUF that relocated an entire tire wall :eek:

coleman
05-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Andy, if I could follow you around the track, I'm sure it would help me immensely!!! ... i was never able to take turn 2 at any reasonable speed :(

Andy M
05-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Andy, if I could follow you around the track, I'm sure it would help me immensely!!! ... i was never able to take turn 2 at any reasonable speed :(Hallet is my alltime favorite track!! Period!! Heck, if I lived closer to it, I would be there all the time!!!! :thumbsup:

Turn 2 (Stop Sign) is definitely a tough one... basically, you are coming up the hill from 1 at full speed and then go from full throttle in 4th at over 120 or so... then down to second gear at about 30-40 mph or so... and then you have be careful with not giving her too much throttle coming out and heading up the hill again..

Hey, what did you think of "The *****" ?? is that a blast or what?!! I ran a guy off the track over there last year ... he was driving a 911 and was trying to lose me and he finally went off the track... then later, he tried to keep up with me and went off again at another spot. I have managed to stay on the track there each time I've been.

It sounds like you did well! Congrats! I am sure the Porsche folks must have been wondering where all the Mustangers were? We had at least 13 Mustangs over there last year.. Heck, we had 4 R's!!

Anyway, we have to find a way to make that event together next year!! I just love that track!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

coleman
05-04-2004, 02:50 PM
yes, next year ... count me in! :thumbsup:

i didn't use up all the track & still ended up going off twice ... but never at the "B". i could never really get that one down too well. going straight over the hill into the "B" didn't work well for my heavy car, but going in too early just wasted time ... i need to work on that one next time during the mid-america ford meet next month :bounce: