PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket letdown

davelegguy
05-03-2004, 11:01 AM
:( I have taken my 03 to the limits of pump gas and am now getting ready to take it drag racing the big problem for me now is that I am pretty much assured that I will be chewing up drive line stuff. we can make 1000 rwhp engines but only have 400 hp drivelines.. I guess I could put a live axle and aod on it to keep it running strong but I'm sure someone will have the ability to produce a clutch/tranny/irs that won't self destruct under load in the next couple of years :rolleyes:

Firme
05-03-2004, 12:25 PM
A friend here has a KB'd and gas 03 that runs 10.03 with the T-56 and IRS, he breaks halfshafts every few passes, but has a few companies using him to test their prototypes. He broke his halfshafts on Sunday at FFW in houston. I think his goal is to hit 9's and then swap in a auto w\ live axle. One thing to note is that he still has the rubber IRS bushings. Some say that its good to keep the rubber ones since they help cushion the launch and take it easier on the halfshafts, others say its better to switch to the stiffer urethane bushing because there is not as much flutter in the IRS as there is with the rubber ones, which in turn is what kills halfshafts (osilation)