PDA

View Full Version : Tie Rod ends....

97CasperCobra
05-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Car's starting to sound horrible when turning it at low speeds. Anyone have any suggestions on any aftermarket ones??? Steeda, MM???

Firme
05-03-2004, 09:35 PM
You named them. MM or Steeda. I am biased towards MM. David has MM, Andy and Joe have Steeda.. both will do the trick. You can also go with the ones that came on the R or the 03.. so that you will have a greese fitting..

cobrapace94
05-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Hey Mike, are you sure it it the tie rod ends? I changed my inner tie rods & the noise did not go away. My low speed noise when backing out of the drive & when turning went away when I put on Davids 03 A arms that had new ball joints.

redsnake99
05-03-2004, 10:44 PM
After only a few track events, the tie rod end bushings from the factory (rubber ones) disintegrated, burned up due to the immense heat of my braking system. Replaced them with urethane ones which have held up like champs. Can't remember where I got them, but surely can be ordered from several sources.

:thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
05-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Is the car dropped????
Will it ever be dropped???
If so maybe the extended ones..MM, Steeda...
Have you confirmed the symptom???
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Andy M
05-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Car's starting to sound horrible when turning it at low speeds. Anyone have any suggestions on any aftermarket ones??? Steeda, MM???Mike,

check the bushings on the steering rack first... unless your boots on your tie rods are busted and therefore leaking and dryed up, I doubt they would be making noise?? I had worn rubber bushings on my steering rack replaced in favor of Urethane ones and the squeeking noises stopped.

keep us posted...

03 cobra toy
05-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Hey Mike, are you sure it it the tie rod ends? I changed my inner tie rods & the noise did not go away. My low speed noise when backing out of the drive & when turning went away when I put on Davids 03 A arms that had new ball joints.

I think it's your lower ball joints also..... :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
05-04-2004, 01:48 PM
I think it's your lower ball joints also..... :thumbsup:

Maybe I just need to get it up on a rack and look at all possible options.

The tie rods are torn from a spring install when I was first learning how to put them in. Course the car's so old it could be ALL of them. :D

Spring Snake
05-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Maybe I just need to get it up on a rack and look at all possible options.

The tie rods are torn from a spring install when I was first learning how to put them in. Course the car's so old it could be ALL of them. :D

Hey - I remember that install day! About 500 degrees out in the driveway with no shade and me having to lie on the kitchen floor to cool off!

Marty

97CasperCobra
05-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey - I remember that install day! About 500 degrees out in the driveway with no shade and me having to lie on the kitchen floor to cool off!

Marty

Man....where have YOU been?!?!?!?! That day was HORRIBLE....both of us almost suffered heatstroke....you worse than I. Shoot me an e-mail on what's going on. Don't be a stranger man. ;)

Think I just need to buy the Energy Suspension kit for the whole front end.....think it's only around $120 for all the bushings.