PDA

View Full Version : Cracked wind shield

Mephisto
05-07-2004, 10:10 AM
Hey,

I have got a big old crack across the HEMI durango. :mad: I have never actually had to replace a wind shield before.

Where is the best place to get this replaced?
At the dealer or is there a good shop somewhere in Houston?
Is it worth submitting an insurance claim?
Will the new wind shield leak eventually as I have often been told?

Carl G
05-07-2004, 02:55 PM
The dealer will rip you. Look around at some car shops that repair windshields. Shoud be around $300-400 dollars installed. Your insurance make have glass coverage without the deductible. Check into that, it would be the cheapest way to go. Good luck henry, sorry about the windshield. :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
05-07-2004, 11:53 PM
The dealer will rip you. Look around at some car shops that repair windshields. Shoud be around $300-400 dollars installed. Your insurance make have glass coverage without the deductible. Check into that, it would be the cheapest way to go. Good luck henry, sorry about the windshield. :thumbsup:

I only paid about 180 when I replaced the one in my expedition last year so it should nt be that much if you go to one of those windshield replacement places

jimmysidecarr
05-09-2004, 09:53 PM
I only paid about 180 when I replaced the one in my expedition last year so it should nt be that much if you go to one of those windshield replacement places

Yep the glass companies have lower acquisition costs than us dealers... although the Ford list on glass was recently changed and is now on par with most glass shop's retail price.... especially high volume vehicles F150/Expedition/Navigator.... same w/shield
Have not priced a stang shield yet but since there are so many... they should be cheap too!
At work we use Clear Glass in The Woodlands..... but I would shop it a few places first..... then call them mention my name Jim in parts at Northwood said you guys do great work and are pretty competitive... Give it a try
One of their techs is a mustang drag racer has a fox hatch(i think) with a 468(30over 460) Big Block....sprays hard..... runs low tens or I nines I can't remember.... good guy though>

Jimmy :thumbsup: