PDA

View Full Version : Considering getting a Cobra...

DarkShadow03
05-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi all! I have an 03 Darkshadow Gray Lightning, and have been thinking about getting a cobra to replace the truck. Just wanted something a little faster at the track, as well as the fact that I've always liked mustangs. I figured there would be some nice left over 03's on the lot I could haggle and get a good deal, but was looking for some input from you guys, about what you like/dislike about the new Cobras. Ive heard they have an IRS, is this a problem with ya'll? Anything I should watch out for?? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

-Alan

venomous
05-07-2004, 01:37 PM
I don't have an 03/04 cobra but I do know that they get a good bit better gas mileage that the lightnings. Oh yeah, they are a little faster. :D You could probably get a good deal on an 03 cobra now, but I would wait till the 05 mustangs come then you would probably get one a lot cheaper. Just my $.02 worth.

Mirage
05-07-2004, 05:43 PM
DarkShadow03~ I just received information about a new program that SVT is starting. It's a leasing program for the '04 Cobra's. If you sign up for a lease you have first dibs on the new 2007 version. This might be another option to an '03. As far as the '03's concerned, I can't say anything negative. Ford really did their homework when it came to this latest version of the snake. Whether it's the blower, the revised suspension or the new body work, it's a fantastic machine. So if you do decide to get an '03, you'll surely not be disappointed. Cheers!

93KingCobra
05-07-2004, 08:03 PM
This should be ALOT of good info for you...

http://www.alfageek.com/03faq.htm