PDA

View Full Version : Damn!!!

johnbasf
05-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Well you'll notice the "roller" thread is gone. I'm going to hang on to it and get it back together someday. I appreciate ALL the e-mails and calls. :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
05-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Well you'll notice the "roller" thread is gone. I'm going to hang on to it and get it back together someday. I appreciate ALL the e-mails and calls. :thumbsup:

Thank god!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Craig

Calvin_1976
05-11-2004, 12:04 AM
:woot: :banana:

mwilson7
05-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Glad to hear it John!

BOC- Beau
05-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Great !!! :thumbsup: You made the right decision John.

98banana
05-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Good for you, John! :thumbsup:

SIUNARA
05-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Glad to hear it!! :thumbsup:

svt_coupe
05-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Good move Johnny. Fred Flinstone the car around if you really get desperate.

b_tone
05-11-2004, 11:08 AM

You change your mind more than a woman.

Black Horse
05-11-2004, 12:38 PM
Glad to hear it John.....I was beginning to think I would never get the chance to chase you around the track! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
05-11-2004, 02:15 PM
You are a wise man Mr. Pearson - now put an engine in that thang! :cool:

97whitevert
05-11-2004, 05:30 PM
and they say women are fickle... ;) :rotf:

good move john! :thumbsup:

johnbasf
05-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Dianne IS the BOSS. She is the one that actually changed my mind.

Firme
05-11-2004, 07:15 PM
:clapping: :thumbsup:

that car is way to sweet :love: ... it would have sucked to see it leave the family :spimpin:

rshelbygt
05-11-2004, 10:42 PM

Nice call Pearson!!! You would regret selling your Mystic...you didn't have a chance to even enjoy the new MM parts :) I still think you should stay with a modular powerplant...any way to talk you into it???? ;)

b_tone
05-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Nice call Pearson!!! You would regret selling your Mystic...you didn't have a chance to even enjoy the new MM parts :) I still think you should stay with a modular powerplant...any way to talk you into it???? ;)
There sure is, write him a check for about 10k and it'll happen.

98banana
05-12-2004, 09:13 AM
There sure is, write him a check for about 10k and it'll happen.
Dang, what kind of mod motor you want him to put in that thing???

b_tone
05-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Dang, what kind of mod motor you want him to put in that thing???

have you priced mod motors, and if he were to be foolish enough to put one back in do you think that I would let him use the stock parts?

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

wildhorsesracin
05-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Like I told you on the phone yesterday - your car wouldn't look right on track with someone else's name on the windshield... :thumbsup:

Now tell sadler to hurry up and finish your motor!! ;)

98banana
05-12-2004, 11:35 AM
have you priced mod motors, and if he were to be foolish enough to put one back in do you think that I would let him use the stock parts?

It seems like the stock parts did pretty well... well, up until the end. You can get a used, low mile mod motor for much less than 10 grand.

b_tone
05-12-2004, 11:41 AM
It seems like the stock parts did pretty well... well, up until the end. You can get a used, low mile mod motor for much less than 10 grand.

Then you have 2k for a billet crank
1k for carillo rods
block work for the oiling system
dry sump for the oiling system
Pistons
cams
head porting
zero balancing the rotating assembly
clutch/flywheel is near 1k
MAF, TB
real headers.....

to make a mod motor with big power (NA) and last you will need big money.

I don't think that john want's another 300hp/300ft.lb motor. He wants a chance to beat me just once and for that to happen he'll need 425hp.... :D

I was really looking forward to running with him at Mid Ohio....maybe I can give him a really really good deal on renting my black car for that event....

sure you can throw in a motor to just get it running but if you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!!!

wildhorsesracin
05-12-2004, 11:47 AM
I don't think that john want's another 300hp/300ft.lb motor. He wants a chance to beat me just once and for that to happen he'll need 425hp.... :D

But I remember another Mod motored car beating you with that combination :eek:

john - throw a another stock mod in there and run 'er till she blows! :burnout:

b_tone
05-12-2004, 11:50 AM
But I remember another Mod motored car beating you with that combination :eek:

john - throw a another stock mod in there and run 'er till she blows! :burnout:

sure when I had 248hp....

rshelbygt
05-12-2004, 12:30 PM

At this point you do not have to be right at 9.5:1 to be competitive and have fun in American Iron. That has been proven time and time again. Pearson could put a used mod motor back in that thing and be on track again for a few grand....having fun. Sure...it could fail again. A pushrod engine could also fail. I just think that the cost of swapping to a pushrod is going to get very pricey very quickly. In the end...you still have an engine that could fail at any time. I bet he could buy two used, stock 4 cam motors for what it will cost to swap in a reliable, moderate horsepower pushrod (all things being considered).

rshelbygt
05-12-2004, 12:53 PM

Yep...just a quick search on a Mustang parts site located three (3) used mod motors that could be purchased for $10,150. That's $10,150 for three motors...not $10,150 each. Plus you'd have extra parts that could be sold to recover some of your costs. I wonder how many seasons of AI fun could be enjoyed with these three motors? I think the three motors could cover on-track fun 'til around the year 2010 ;)

b_tone
05-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Yep...just a quick search on a Mustang parts site located three (3) used mod motors that could be purchased for $10,150. That's $10,150 for three motors...not $10,150 each. Plus you'd have extra parts that could be sold to recover some of your costs. I wonder how many seasons of AI fun could be enjoyed with these three motors? I think the three motors could cover on-track fun 'til around the year 2010 ;)

You guys still think like open track guys. It's fun to race but then this little itch starts nagging at you about needing to be faster and just a bit quicker than the other guy so you start trying to make more power...it snowballs from there. Ask John, he'll tell you that even though he had a strong NA mod motor he wanted/needed more power. I would be surprised if he came back to the series with a stock motor making stock power.

rshelbygt
05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
You guys still think like open track guys. It's fun to race but then this little itch starts nagging at you about needing to be faster and just a bit quicker than the other guy so you start trying to make more power...it snowballs from there. Ask John, he'll tell you that even though he had a strong NA mod motor he wanted/needed more power. I would be surprised if he came back to the series with a stock motor making stock power.

I completely agree that the speed bug gets the best of us all (whether you're racing or open tracking). What does it pay to be the AI Champion? What does it pay to finish dead last in points in AI? Huge difference???? That's the beauty of the series...spend as much or as little as you want. The field consists of people that have a racing career an mind as well as people that just want to get out there and have fun. I just really want to see Pearson back out there again having fun...and a used mod motor is the quickest, most economical way to do that IMO.

Last season was exciting to watch. There were many races within each race. In AI, I enjoyed watching Shugg and Hoover battle it out...but I also REALLY enjoyed watching Beau and Pearson battle. I think those two might have had the most fun behind the wheel last year based on the smiles they both had at the end of each race. I just hate the thought of not seeing that again this year.

b_tone
05-12-2004, 01:43 PM
I completely agree that the speed bug gets the best of us all (whether you're racing or open tracking). What does it pay to be the AI Champion? What does it pay to finish dead last in points in AI? Huge difference???? That's the beauty of the series...spend as much or as little as you want. The field consists of people that have a racing career an mind as well as people that just want to get out there and have fun. I just really want to see Pearson back out there again having fun...and a used mod motor is the quickest, most economical way to do that IMO.

Last season was exciting to watch. There were many races within each race. In AI, I enjoyed watching Shugg and Hoover battle it out...but I also REALLY enjoyed watching Beau and Pearson battle. I think those two might have had the most fun behind the wheel last year based on the smiles they both had at the end of each race. I just hate the thought of not seeing that again this year.

I am not disputing any of this...I have a suspicion that John does not want to come back with the same power. I may be wrong but that is just my hunch.

And yes john, we can work something out for Mid Ohio. Call me.

svt_coupe
05-12-2004, 03:58 PM
Game on.

I've got two words for Jason:
Plasma cutter.

:D

rshelbygt
05-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Game on.

I've got two words for Jason:
Plasma cutter.

:D

Yep...we've only got to get your car down to apx. 2860# w/you in it to keep the "stock" 4.6 DOHC competitive. I doubt we can get it that low...but we can get it close. You need to go on a diet..... :D

b_tone
05-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Yep...we've only got to get your car down to apx. 2860# w/you in it to keep the "stock" 4.6 DOHC competitive. I doubt we can get it that low...but we can get it close. You need to go on a diet..... :D

August baby, everything will be decided at mid ohio in august.... :D

98banana
05-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Damn, I may need to drive to mid ohio in August to watch this... :thumbsup:

rshelbygt
05-12-2004, 05:12 PM

If the MOD MOTOR holds together that long!!!!! :bounce: :rotf:

That should be a GREAT event!

wildhorsesracin
05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
sure when I had 248hp....

waaah... waaah... waaah....

I wanna be there when the v6 superthunderchicken beats ya? :eek: :rotf:

b_tone
05-12-2004, 05:24 PM
waaah... waaah... waaah....

I wanna be there when the v6 superthunderchicken beats ya? :eek: :rotf:

right......unless I spin or break i can't forsee that happening....

when are you going to be back in the saddle and run with us again?

svt_coupe
05-12-2004, 05:26 PM

Will the new Tone/Wilson project be completed by then?

wildhorsesracin
05-12-2004, 05:30 PM
when are you going to be back in the saddle and run with us again?

August, baby, August... :thumbsup:

Watch out for the moving chicane! :D
I am going for the cool factor... :cool:
Mine will be an '05 replica...(or is it a '68 restomod?) :cool:

b_tone
05-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Will the new Tone/Wilson project be completed by then?

Nobody really knows. There may not even be a new car for all most people know. I have been having a tough time at work with a few things that have been taking up a lot of my time but I am sure that you already know about that don't you Mr. Shugg? If I ever get that situation resolved I can put more time/energy into whatever car you are talking about.

we can talk privately if you want.

bt

svt_coupe
05-12-2004, 06:10 PM
...but I am sure that you already know about that don't you Mr. Shugg?

Actually... I don't know about that.

we can talk privately if you want.

Would love to. I'm free tonight.

wildhorsesracin
05-12-2004, 06:26 PM
I have been seriously considering putting a mod motor in the '68 - or even a v6 - I can get close to 525hp out of a 4.2L v6 for less than what I paid for my last pushrod motor! :eek:

FYI - 500hp reliable 351w = $8-10k - so a mod motor is looking comparable...

johnbasf
05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
I agree with everybody!!! :rotf:

b_tone
05-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I agree with everybody!!! :rotf:

Pearson you yellow belly......

Shugg, good luck with the mod motor hope it works out. As far as that other thing, I don't beleive you. Enough said.

Pantas, I would love to see how long that V6 is gonna last at 525, though I doubt that it would ever make that much, and it never would for less than 10k.

Whitehead built his 500hp motor for around 5k IIRC.

It will be a fun year. Is anyone coming up to pocono?

johnbasf
05-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Tone, I am definitly going pushrod!!! How's that??? I want it simple and that can't be done with a Mod motor. If this Team thing works out the car WILL have a little more HP.

Black Horse
05-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Don't let John fool you...he's waiting for that 605 HP N/A Mod Motor (V10 of course!)

b_tone
05-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Don't let John fool you...he's waiting for that 605 HP N/A Mod Motor (V10 of course!)

It just so happens that I know exactly the right guys to make that happen....perhaps he will be the second AI car to have that motor :eek:

SIUNARA
05-13-2004, 01:00 AM
This is good stuff! Carry on...

Black Horse
05-13-2004, 09:40 AM
It just so happens that I know exactly the right guys to make that happen....perhaps he will be the second AI car to have that motor :eek:

Hmmm...according to my abbacus - a 605 HP AI car would need to weigh 5750 lbs. Since the V10 motor actually weighs LESS than the 351 Cobra R V8, thats a lot of Biscuits and Gravy for the driver to pack away! We won't even say a word about the custom TRM (torque reduction module).

johnbasf
05-13-2004, 10:36 PM
I got a spy photo of Pantas's new car.

98banana
05-13-2004, 10:41 PM
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

SIUNARA
05-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Where's the homemade plow? ;)

Calvin_1976
05-14-2004, 12:38 AM
:lol:

wreckm
05-14-2004, 11:38 AM
I am not sure Pantas can get in that! No need for the RV or a trailer!!!

wildhorsesracin
05-17-2004, 04:45 PM

You should see the lightening holes I drilled in that baby! :eek:

as much weight as I've lost that will be too big for me! :rotf:

No need for a plow, it's already on the ground! :thumbsup:

98banana
05-17-2004, 05:29 PM
You should see the lightening holes I drilled in that baby! :eek:

Ask Shugg about an alternative to drilling holes to lighten parts! :eek:

wildhorsesracin
05-17-2004, 06:02 PM

you know there's that whole improved aerodynamics theory behind dimples on golf balls...

I wonder if they make corduroy paint? :eek:

Better yet - rainbow corduroy paint! http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/images/rainbow.gif

(j/k)- who luvs ya shuggy!? :thumbsup:

svt_coupe
05-17-2004, 07:02 PM

I'll have to see if we can get a pic of the top secret soon-to-be-illegal AI mods we did to the #67. Tone and Wilson *thought* they were pushing the limit.

Should be good with some of the other "things" we've done to the car...

I wonder if they make corduroy paint? :eek:

Yeah, just race with Les and he'll put all the dimples you could want in a car. ;)

b_tone
05-18-2004, 09:57 AM
I'll have to see if we can get a pic of the top secret soon-to-be-illegal AI mods we did to the #67. Tone and Wilson *thought* they were pushing the limit.
Should be good with some of the other "things" we've done to the car...
Yeah, just race with Les and he'll put all the dimples you could want in a car. ;)

What is so funny is that people still think we are actually building another car. With wilson having another kid this week, and me trying to remodel my entire house where would we find the time/money to take on another project.