PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Meet and Cruise -- May 16, 2004 -- Paramus, NJ

cobrabitn
05-11-2004, 12:23 AM
SCMC Meet and Cruise - May 16, 2004 - Garden Sate Plaza, Paramus, NJ

The SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) is having a Fun Meet/Cruise on Sunday, May 16, 2004.

Garden State Plaza Mall - Intersection of Routes 4 and 17 in Paramus, NJ - easily accessible for those coming from anywhere in the tri-state area or beyond....

Those that attended in the past know we had a great showing! Lots of Cobras, classic Ford's, and even a few monster trucks!

Date: May 16, 2004

Meet Time: 10AM - 12 NOON

Contact Name: Ken Walder

E-mail Address: kenw66@optonline.net

Line up to begin the cruise around NOON and depart by 12:30

This is an SVT COBRA MUSTANG CLUB event, however, any Ford powered vehicle is welcome to attend! Very informal, just grab some coffee and donuts, show up, browse a little and talk cars! Then, we head out for a cruise! The last time we headed up to Kinchley's Pizza, then up through seven lakes drive and bear mountain, maybe we'll do that again?

GoGo
05-13-2004, 01:27 AM
As it stands right now, I'm in. I'll be the only Texas representative there (so it should be easy to pick my car out of the crowd.

Which part of the lot do we meet in (North south East or West?

If I get there Saturday night (my plan), anyone up for showing me the town that evening? If so here's my cell (602)743-8998

I'll be staying at the :
Ramada Inn
375 W Passaic St
Rochelle Park, NJ 07662
(201) 845-3400

Looks like it's only about a mile or so from the Garden State Plaza.

Any tips or tricks would be helpful.

Rich

NJ2000R
05-13-2004, 07:48 AM
Hi Rich, Already answered on BON, but here it is for anyone else going:

we'll meet at the corner closest to the route 4 and 17 intersection, so that but we're visible....by Nordstroms....

if that doesnt work for whatever reason, then do a circle around the mall, we're generally pretty easy to find....

as far as going out saturday night, I'll probably have my kids, but if not, I may head down to a huge cruise night in Lyndhurst at a place called the whiskey bar....I havent been there yet, but heard there are around 400 cars :eek: :thumbsup:

I'll give you a call on your cell on saturday

NJ2000R
05-16-2004, 08:15 AM
weather has changed for the better....partly sunny and getting better as the day progresses!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

see ya there ~ 10am

NJ2000R
05-16-2004, 07:23 PM
well, I think I can speak for everyone that attended the meet and cruise today....it was AWESOME!!!! We had a nice crowd at the mall, mix of Cobra's, GT's, and Saleen's....then about 20 of us headed up to Kinchley's Pizza in Mahwah, NJ - Thin crust pizza - The best you'll ever have, honest!!!! They've been there since 1937 so I think that is proof enough!!!! Once we were full, we headed up to NY state via Bear Mountain, then up to Storm King Road - a narrow and windy road along the cliff, overlooking the Hudson River....I think this was the best part of the trip, or at least the part that affected the adrenaline the most ;o) Then at the end, we stopped at a park along the Hudson River, near West Point, NY....a beautiful place to take a break....and calm our nerves, LOL....we talked for an hour or more before heading our respective ways home....It was great to see the regulars, meet a bunch of new people, some from as far away as Queens, Connecticut, and Texas!!! Hope to do it again soon, stay tuned for the next one!!! and invite your friends!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pics here ---> http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=1101&s=18088#content

NJ2000R
05-16-2004, 07:34 PM
meet pics :thumbsup:

NJ2000R
05-16-2004, 07:35 PM
cruise pics! :bounce:

NJ2000R
05-16-2004, 07:37 PM
along the Hudson River :cool:

cobrabitn
05-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Awesome Ken! :thumbsup: Great job! :bounce: