PDA

View Full Version : List of some 03's that have blown motors!

93KingCobra
05-12-2004, 03:49 PM
We were talking about the list of people that have had engine failure at dinner last night well here it is from another site...

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12489

Phil

97CasperCobra
05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
in my best Frank Ramano impersonation........

"HOLY CRAP!!!" :eek:

Jesse99
05-12-2004, 05:59 PM
The sad thing is I've been wanting an 03 Cobra.. But 3 of my friends here that owns the 03 are having problems with there cars overheating and there cars are stock.. They tell me that the dealer says it's normal.. Something just don't sound right...

93KingCobra
05-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Knock on wood!!! I have no problems with mine(minus the nit pick tings that I'm just anal about) From what it looks like it is a very small amount that are having the over heating problems. Hopefully mine will be trouble free :)

Firme
05-12-2004, 07:03 PM
The sad thing is I've been wanting an 03 Cobra.. But 3 of my friends here that owns the 03 are having problems with there cars overheating and there cars are stock.. They tell me that the dealer says it's normal.. Something just don't sound right...

Thats the dealers code word for I haven't a freakin clue. Get those pupies to a competant shop shop and I'm sure they can tell them what the problem is... there is no reason a stock 03 should overheat and be deemed normal.

03 cobra toy
05-12-2004, 07:09 PM

I'm working on the cooling problem......Parts are on the way....Install should start after the TEXAS MILE May 22

:thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
05-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Thats the dealers code word for I haven't a freakin clue. Get those pupies to a competant shop shop and I'm sure they can tell them what the problem is... there is no reason a stock 03 should overheat and be deemed normal.

Very true !! I would say the #1 problem is air in the cooling system

93KingCobra
05-12-2004, 07:54 PM
I'm working on the cooling problem......Parts are on the way....Install should start after the TEXAS MILE May 22

:thumbsup:

Hook me up after the protype is done!!!

97whitevert
05-12-2004, 08:07 PM
FWIW... i have not had any of the overheating, stalling, pinging/knocking problems many have had. my main problem is this right foot of mine.... anyone ever have a lead-ectomy?? ;)

Jesse99
05-12-2004, 08:59 PM
FWIW... i have not had any of the overheating, stalling, pinging/knocking problems many have had. my main problem is this right foot of mine.... anyone ever have a lead-ectomy?? ;)

:D I know what you mean.. I think we need to form a lead-foot anonymous... :rotf: But with all joking aside I must be doing something right.. I went on vacation without one ticket.. WoW...

scocher
05-12-2004, 09:02 PM

:thumbsup: I'm with ya, Lisa. When people ask if I'm a good driver, I say, "Of course, I'm a good driver. A FAST driver, but a good one!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Firme
05-12-2004, 09:25 PM
:D I know what you mean.. I think we need to form a lead-foot anonymous... :rotf: But with all joking aside I must be doing something right.. I went on vacation without one ticket.. WoW...

So what are you gonna do with the ticket fund? mods?

Carl G
05-12-2004, 09:47 PM
We were talking about the list of people that have had engine failure at dinner last night well here it is from another site...

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12489

Phil
The way that I read this is not a over heating problem but the piston getting to hot from running to lean from a bad program on the chips. Possible fuel starvation from to much boost which in effect does the same thing. I speak from experiance, lost three pistons from getting to hot in the cylinder and warping and the rings sticking.

Jesse99
05-12-2004, 11:00 PM
So what are you gonna do with the ticket fund? mods?
You know it :thumbsup: I'm alrady in the works on the catbacks.. I've been going around and talking to other cobra owners of 99 and 01 on what there running.. Hopefully I can find something good..

Twice Bitten
05-12-2004, 11:01 PM
You can add my car to the list, sometime in the near future I am sure :rolleyes: The Ford SVT engineers only designed the engine to handle no more than 20 pounds of boost. YOu can get the same amount of heat in the cylinders with a wrong tune as well as to much boost. The biggest problem I believe is abuse of the auto's. I am running on borrowed time with my car, but have over 1500 miles with all the mods running extreme boost, but I do not pound on the car everytime I drive it and I have done as much preventive medicine as I can. The fuel system can not support high HP levels for any extended period of time, my car starts to lean at 6000 rpm, only because to fuel rails and lines are to small. If you had a big block engine, you would supply fuel with a fuel line the size of a garden hose. YOu have a small block that produces big block power, but supply the fuel with a line the size of a brake line, the pumps have enough pressure, but the lines do not supply enough fuel. There are some fixes out there for those who are looking for it. :thumbsup:

msmap
05-12-2004, 11:14 PM
You know it :thumbsup: I'm alrady in the works on the catbacks.. I've been going around and talking to other cobra owners of 99 and 01 on what there running.. Hopefully I can find something good..

May I reccomend Borla Stingers??? They sound soooooo good on our 99-01's :thumbsup:

Jesse99
05-12-2004, 11:23 PM
May I reccomend Borla Stingers??? They sound soooooo good on our 99-01's :thumbsup:
Are you going to be at the monthly meet this weekend.. I should be there this weekend.. I like to hear how it sounds.. Most people here are running MagnaFlow or MAC..

coleman
05-13-2004, 12:25 AM
i made the list ... :p

msmap
05-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Are you going to be at the monthly meet this weekend.. I should be there this weekend.. I like to hear how it sounds.. Most people here are running MagnaFlow or MAC..

If the weather is good, we will be able to make the after dinner fun. It's my youngest son's prom night and we have to be here to take all the pictures :)