PDA

View Full Version : SCMC's TWS on track Driving Education Event- REGISTRATION NOW UP(October 16th & 17th)

Firme
05-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Hello all,

The SCMC ( South Central Region) would like to invite you to our 2nd annual open track event at Texas World Speedway in College Station, Texas.

In the following days, we will be posting information on this event for everyone:

Event Date: October 16th and 17th 2004

Event Pricing(for everyone, members or non): 2 day fee $235 , 1 day fee $120

Driving Skill Level: From 1st timers to Instructor levels, which will be divided into groups by driving skill. (instructors will ride with the lower experience groups)

Payment Method:You may now signup for the TWS Online

TWS ONLINE REGISTRATION (http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=2&cat=2&page=1)

You will have to create an account at the SCMC Store to purchase the item.

Please fill out the Options Area. That information is needed to process your Entry.

TWS 2004 EVENT FLYER (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/TWS04/SCC_TWS_04.pdf)

Regular printable form:EVENT REGISTRATION FORM (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/TWS04/SCMCTWSEntryForm04.pdf)

For Hotel and more information, check out http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/pages/tws04/index.htm

93KingCobra
05-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Cool man you can count me in :thumbsup: :bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce:

97CasperCobra
05-12-2004, 05:39 PM
I may be able to fit it in my schedule ;)

Now if only I can find out how to prevent Stan and Richard Wylie from passing me. :( :p

Levi
05-12-2004, 05:51 PM
I may be able to fit it in my schedule ;)

Now if only I can find out how to prevent Stan and Richard Wylie from passing me. :( :p

Stay on my back door in the draft and I'll pull you around the track...... :rotf:

97CasperCobra
05-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Stay on my back door in the draft and I'll pull you around the track...... :rotf:

Who do you think I am.....Joe Johnson??? I wish..... :D

What are the new mods????

03 cobra toy
05-12-2004, 07:41 PM
:thumbsup: FUN FUN....

Carl G
05-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Ye ha :thumbsup: Isnt it October yet? :D Oh thats right I get to go tomorrow :cool:

Firme
05-12-2004, 11:22 PM
Ye ha :thumbsup: Isnt it October yet? :D Oh thats right I get to go tomorrow :cool:

:chairshot

Levi
05-13-2004, 09:31 AM
Who do you think I am.....Joe Johnson??? I wish..... :D

What are the new mods????
:rotf:

Cobra Daytona Seats.
Clutch pedal adjuster, quadrat and firewall adj.
Pro-5.0 shifter.

Look forward to a couple months I will do some coilovers, front and rear lower control arms.

Firme
05-13-2004, 10:13 AM
:rotf:

Cobra Daytona Seats.
Clutch pedal adjuster, quadrat and firewall adj.
Pro-5.0 shifter.

Look forward to a couple months I will do some coilovers, front and rear lower control arms.

not to take this thread way off topic :edmond: but you are missing a very important piece

the MGW Shifter handle

http://www.mgwltd.com/images/ca-shiftkit.jpg
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_shift_handle.html

it is a MUST with the Pro 5.0

Levi
05-13-2004, 11:32 AM
not to take this thread way off topic :edmond: but you are missing a very important piece

the MGW Shifter handle

:thumbsup:

John Chingasos
05-13-2004, 11:14 PM
Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to race the 95 Honda Civic :D

If I am not out of town I will definetly do atleast 1 day ;)

I am out..........................LAAAATTTEEEEE

nastystrike
05-23-2004, 02:05 PM

the MGW Shifter handle

Does this bring the shifter back so it is easier to reach when the seat is to the rear?

Firme
05-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Does this bring the shifter back so it is easier to reach when the seat is to the rear?

yes, this is the most adjustable, sturdy handle I have seen for our cars

here is the demonstration

http://www.mgwltd.com/shifthandle/handleadjust.mpg

My Cobra
06-06-2004, 12:03 AM
i have a pro 50 shifter. I dunno about the rest of you but if i have my seat back a little bit it is hard to reach the shifter knob and is like you have to have long arms to get to it. even when the seat is up it feels kinda weird

Firme
06-07-2004, 10:24 AM
i have a pro 50 shifter. I dunno about the rest of you but if i have my seat back a little bit it is hard to reach the shifter knob and is like you have to have long arms to get to it. even when the seat is up it feels kinda weird

Thats why most people agree that even though the Pro5.0 has a great base, the handle it comes with is uncomfortable.

That is exactly why the MGW shifter handle (the picture above) is an awesome addition to the Pro 5.0

coleman
06-30-2004, 09:47 PM
I'll see if I can fit this into my schedule! ... no promises -- just depends on how the delivery goes :bounce:

Firme
06-30-2004, 10:08 PM
I'll see if I can fit this into my schedule! ... no promises -- just depends on how the delivery goes :bounce:

Hope all goes well for ya with the delivery, and it would nice to see ya again man :thumbsup:

Admiral
07-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Guys, I may have missed it in a post somewhere but what track config will this event be using and what direction will you be running? If that hasn't been decided yet, can you let me know once that info is firmed up? TIA.

Firme
07-09-2004, 07:44 AM
Mike, its not set in stone, but its more than likely gonna be the 2.9 mile layout counter-clockwise

1st post updated with the event flyer (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/SCC_TWS_04.pdf) .

Firme
08-13-2004, 10:18 AM
EVENT REGISTRATION FORM (http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/TWS04/SCMCTWSEntryForm04.pdf) is now UP

For Hotel and more information, check out http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/pages/tws04/index.htm

Z06 Chic
08-13-2004, 10:44 AM
We are planning to attend...I'll only be watching but Thomas plans to run his car there.

Firme
08-13-2004, 11:20 AM
We are planning to attend...I'll only be watching but Thomas plans to run his car there.

:thumbsup: sweet.

its gonna be fun :bounce:

03 cobra toy
08-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Let's start a list of people that are going to TWS....

David
Edmonn
Jim
Mike K
Stan
Joe J/Instructor
Andy/Instructor
Carl
Tomas
Larry & nurse
Henry (4ass) :D
Mike B /Instructor
Phil
Jesse ?
John G ?

Please post if you want me to add your name :D

Mephisto
08-30-2004, 03:19 PM
In ! :d

03 cobra toy
08-30-2004, 03:44 PM
In ! :d

done sorry

93KingCobra
08-30-2004, 10:14 PM
I should be in if I still have my car :(

Firme
08-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I should be in if I still have my car :(

WTF :eek:

97CasperCobra
08-30-2004, 10:55 PM
WTF :eek:

Yea Philly-cheese, WTF man!!! :what:

93KingCobra
08-31-2004, 12:20 AM
I might have to sale the COBRA to get into my new home but don't worry I will buy another ASAP hopefully a 93 will take it's place sometime in the near future after the house gets built :( :( :( :( :(

Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do to get what you really want!!

97CasperCobra
08-31-2004, 01:00 AM
I might have to sale the COBRA to get into my new home but don't worry I will buy another ASAP hopefully a 93 will take it's place sometime in the near future after the house gets built :( :( :( :( :(

Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do to get what you really want!!

dude...sorry to hear. I totally understand the reason...but DAMN man. :(

Admiral
09-03-2004, 07:03 AM
I'm working hard on making this event and getting a passenger seat installed. Hopefully I can do both and give a brave soul a ride if you can stand the bling wing:

http://home.comcast.net/~texas-cmc-05/august-hallett/mb_wm_jg_rp.jpg

Hazman
09-03-2004, 08:34 AM
So who all is registered for this so far? I am thinking I am in the running for the distance awrd if nothing else. :D

Firme
09-03-2004, 09:49 AM
So who all is registered for this so far? I am thinking I am in the running for the distance awrd if nothing else. :D

so far all the registrations have been local :D

you're running away with the "longest distance driven to the track" award so far Rick

<--**starts making trophy out of construction paper** :jk:

Levi
09-03-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm working hard on making this event and getting a passenger seat installed. Hopefully I can do both and give a brave soul a ride if you can stand the bling wing:[/IMG]

Oh, Oh, Me, I will ride,,,,, Pritty Please.......... :cool: :) :D :thumbsup: :bounce:

Firme
09-03-2004, 10:11 AM
AI Cars :drool:

97CasperCobra
09-03-2004, 10:50 AM
AI Cars :drool:

:drool: x infinity.

I can't believe you've riced out your Stang like that Mike.... :rolleyes:

.....j/k.

I'm sure lots of people get a good look at that phat spoiler on the track :thumbsup:

Admiral
09-03-2004, 10:52 AM
The bling wing had its debut last month at Hallett. Curious (or disgusted) bystanders all asked the same question:

"Autozone or PepBoys???" http://www.slappypappy.com/NASA_HALLETT_AUG_04/dscf1614_t.jpg

It's a tough crowd out there, but I guess I was an easy target ;)

Firme
09-03-2004, 11:33 AM
The bling wing had its debut last month at Hallett. Curious (or disgusted) bystanders all asked the same question:

"Autozone or PepBoys???" http://www.slappypappy.com/NASA_HALLETT_AUG_04/dscf1614_t.jpg

It's a tough crowd out there, but I guess I was an easy target ;)

How noticeable was the wing for traction?

Admiral
09-03-2004, 11:47 AM
Can't really say, it was my first time at Hallett, so I think the real variables were a.) Driver, b.) Driver, c.) Driver, and finally d.) all of the above.

I'm hoping to find the real downforce at TWS on 9/25-26 coming off the high banks into turn 1................

olchakla
09-08-2004, 02:19 PM
That wing will proceed a noticable effect at TWS when you can open up to the higher speeds.

Changing the stock wing on my car was the first mod I performed. Dealer recommended it to me. I don't have anything to gage upon since my car had a R wing from day one.

jimmysidecarr
09-12-2004, 09:49 PM
Is there a way to register online w/ credit card and officially join the club at the same time....
That would be convenient/easy/modern/etc...??????
If not ....................can I register/join on tuesday night @ dinner/starbucks???
Moneys a little tighter than I had though it would be.... so this will be a credit card adventure...
Let me know ...... here ..... PM.... cell.... whatever....
Jimmy :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
09-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Is there a way to register online w/ credit card and officially join the club at the same time....
If not ....................can I register/join on tuesday night @ dinner/starbucks???
Moneys a little tighter than I had though it would be.... so this will be a credit card adventure...

The online payment should be getting set-up as we speak....more hassle with the banks. I'm sure you can join/register Tuesday night with no problem Jimmy. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
09-12-2004, 10:25 PM
We will save you a spot for the Mystichrome :D

jimmysidecarr
09-12-2004, 10:49 PM
You guy's Rock!!! :thumbsup:

Jimmy :D

Firme
09-12-2004, 11:54 PM

Ok.........PROMISE not to jump the gun if I tell you about it....... ;)

This is almost live...... and you will be able to register for TWS and the club on it Jimmy...
www.scmcstore.com

BUT, I am still doing testing on it... so its not live yet. Yes, sorry for being the holdup :rolleyes: I will let you know as soon as I toggle the Credit card portion from testing over to LIVE.

jimmysidecarr
09-13-2004, 12:34 AM

This is almost live...... and you will be able to register for TWS and the club on it Jimmy...
www.scmcstore.com

BUT, I am still doing testing on it... so its not live yet. Yes, sorry for being the holdup :rolleyes: I will let you know as soon as I toggle the Credit card portion from testing over to LIVE.
COOL!!!
I'll wait....
Tomorrow.............maybe????

97CasperCobra
09-13-2004, 12:58 AM
This is almost live...... and you will be able to register for TWS and the club on it..
www.scmcstore.com

:woot: :hail: :love: :thumbsup: :headbang: :cheers:

Levi
09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I register online and it looked like it did not work until I received a response via email that said it did go through.

Even thou I have the same shipping address as my mailing address I still had to fill out the ship to address.

I see there was no option for the tee shirt.
Edmond, I will need one in a large.

Firme
09-13-2004, 05:42 PM
I register online and it looked like it did not work until I received a response via email that said it did go through.

Even thou I have the same shipping address as my mailing address I still had to fill out the ship to address.

I see there was no option for the tee shirt.
Edmond, I will need one in a large.

Stan, I was just logging in to pick on you man...

Its Not live yet. I saw you trying to place the order :rotf:. Disregaurd the email.

Levi
09-14-2004, 09:22 AM
Stan, I was just logging in to pick on you man...

Its Not live yet. I saw you trying to place the order :rotf:. Disregaurd the email.

Oh sh** I am sorry, I thought this was another test that you need use to help with. My miss understanding......oh sh**. :eek:

Firme
09-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh sh** I am sorry, I thought this was another test that you need use to help with. My miss understanding......oh sh**. :eek:

no problem man :rotf: it doesn't mess me up any, just don't want you guys to waste your time, only to have to redo it when we go live.

Codes
09-15-2004, 10:14 PM
I am in with the Focus and Dad is in with the Cobra. We are going to send in the Registration form soon and I am calling about a room as I type this. We are going up to watch the SVTOA event. UPDATE: Got the room reserved. We are going to leave friday night, would anyone be interested in doing the whole caravan thing up there? We reserved it for friday night cause we didnt want to have to mess with any hotel stuff on sat. The rentals and I are uber excited:bounce: . ADD US TO THE LIST!!!

Cody Raeth (SVTF)
Curt Raeth (Cobra)
Linda Raeth (watching this year)

jimmysidecarr
09-15-2004, 10:48 PM
Let's start a list of people that are going to TWS....

David
Edmonn
Jim
Mike K
Stan
Joe J/Instructor
Andy/Instructor
Carl
Tomas
Jimmy
Larry & nurse
Henry (4ass) :D
Mike B /Instructor
Phil
Jesse ?
John G ?

Please post if you want me to add your name :D

It now looks fairly certain that I will MISS this years event.....

We have had some pretty tight months since I splurged for my dream car...
My pay is largely based on how much buisness we do.... and it has been a bit slow.

I just found out that my Mom ... In NY has cancer....

I have to make sure I can afford to fly up if "the need arises"

If something changes .... for the better, to allow me to come I'll let you know.

In the words of my dear old dad.... And I'm sure many other dads...
"This is going to hurt me worse than it does you"

Jimmy :(

Firme
09-16-2004, 07:20 AM
It now looks fairly certain that I will MISS this years event.....

We have had some pretty tight months since I splurged for my dream car...
My pay is largely based on how much buisness we do.... and it has been a bit slow.

I just found out that my Mom ... In NY has cancer....

I have to make sure I can afford to fly up if "the need arises"

If something changes .... for the better, to allow me to come I'll let you know.

In the words of my dear old dad.... And I'm sure many other dads...
"This is going to hurt me worse than it does you"

Jimmy :(

I am sorry to hear about your Mom Jimmy, she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

93KingCobra
09-16-2004, 10:08 AM
I am sorry to hear about your Mom Jimmy, she will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Ditto!! sorry to hear that about your MOM..

Codes
09-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Ditto!! sorry to hear that about your MOM..
Really sorry to hear about that.

03 cobra toy
09-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear the bad new :( Take care of your Mom!!

jimmysidecarr
09-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks everybody... really!
Jimmy

JBoden
09-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Our thoughts are with you and your family Jimmy - I know exactly what your going through.

I hope you're able to spend at least one day with us at TWS - we need lots of help and there is always someone to ride with. Won't cost you a thing.

Twice Bitten
09-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Sorry to here about your mother, she will be in our prayers. Do what you need to do, but we will keep our fingers crossed that you can make it at least one day!

Carl G
09-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Sorry to here about your mother, she will be in our prayers. Do what you need to do, but we will keep our fingers crossed that you can make it at least one day!
Ditto that thought, I hope things go well for your Mom and that you can spend some time with her soon. Priorities first always. Jimmy you can ride in my car forsure. If not just to come up and hang out with us for the day. I hope yu make it.

msmap
09-20-2004, 11:54 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom, Jimmie. Our prayers and best thoughts go out to you and yours :(

Levi
09-21-2004, 12:51 PM
Jimmy, I am sorry to hear about you mom. Hope everthing work out ok.

P.S...........Edmond, how is this coming along?

www.scmcstore.com

Firme
09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Jimmy, I am sorry to hear about you mom. Hope everthing work out ok.

P.S...........Edmond, how is this coming along?

its done really, just fixing one thing that is bugging me in the process.

03 cobra toy
09-21-2004, 04:18 PM

Can you put a link on the first page when it's done...thanks :thumbsup:

Levi
09-21-2004, 04:55 PM

I received the sign in notification and when I modified it I received the update, but I did not get any responce from my submiting order after check out.

Firme
09-21-2004, 05:09 PM
I received the sign in notification and when I modified it I received the update, but I did not get any responce from my submiting order after check out.

PM sent.

Firme
09-22-2004, 12:29 PM
You may now signup for the TWS Online

TWS ONLINE REGISTRATION (http://www.scmcstore.com/store/product.php?productid=2&cat=2&page=1)

Please fill out the Options Area. That information is needed to process your Entry.

Thanks

03 cobra toy
09-22-2004, 02:08 PM

Thanks

:thumbsup: Can you update the first page...Thanks

Firme
09-22-2004, 02:20 PM
:thumbsup: Can you update the first page...Thanks

demanding aren't we :p

hehe sure

Levi
09-22-2004, 02:32 PM

Thanks

Thanks Edmond, My order went through, worked really good. :thumbsup:

Hazman
09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
So who is registered for this event so far???

03 cobra toy
09-22-2004, 03:13 PM
demanding aren't we :p

hehe sure

:rolleyes: sorry...

:fart:

Codes
09-23-2004, 10:15 PM
So is anyone interested in a convoy type thing up there Friday night?

Firme
09-23-2004, 11:13 PM
So is anyone interested in a convoy type thing up there Friday night?

Codes
09-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Ill take that as a DUH:D Where is everyone goin to meet?

Firme
09-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Ill take that as a DUH:D Where is everyone goin to meet?

more than likely at the 290 and 1960/hwy 6. The lot next to IHOP

Codes
09-26-2004, 10:41 PM
more than likely at the 290 and 1960/hwy 6. The lot next to IHOP
sveet...what time?

Firme
09-27-2004, 12:09 AM
sveet...what time?

now that part is to be determined

Admiral
09-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Guys, I'm going to have to back out of this deal. Son has a karate tournament in San Marcos that weekend, he really wants to go so I won't be able to instruct/make this event!

Sorry for the late notice, I'm really bummed I won't be out there with you guys. I hope you have great weather and a fun time at TWS!

Firme
09-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Guys, I'm going to have to back out of this deal. Son has a karate tournament in San Marcos that weekend, he really wants to go so I won't be able to instruct/make this event!

Sorry for the late notice, I'm really bummed I won't be out there with you guys. I hope you have great weather and a fun time at TWS!

:( Maybe next time Mike, have fun in San Marcos.

Hazman
09-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Man I really hate to do this but things have conspired against me such that we will not be able to come to TWS this year. :( :mad:

As some of you know my Dad died past June and now the state of Tennessee has decided that they want my Mom's house for a highway. She has lived in this house with Dad for over fourty years ever since Tennessee took their first house for I-40!!! To say she is not happy is an understatement. So we now have to find Mom a new place to live and get her moved. Please keep us in your prayers as we try to get through this.

Oh and rip up some asphalt, wear out some brake pads, and smoke some tires out there and have some fun I will be there mentally if not physically. :D

You know this really is an addiction!!

Hazman the Trackhead :thumbsup:

Levi
09-28-2004, 09:15 AM

Was looking forward to see you all, thats the way the ball bounces. Hope your Son kicks some A$$. :thumbsup:

Levi
09-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Man I really hate to do this but things have conspired against me such that we will not be able to come to TWS this year. :( :mad:

As some of you know my Dad died past June and now the state of Tennessee has decided that they want my Mom's house for a highway. She has lived in this house with Dad for over fourty years ever since Tennessee took their first house for I-40!!! To say she is not happy is an understatement. So we now have to find Mom a new place to live and get her moved. Please keep us in your prayers as we try to get through this.

Oh and rip up some asphalt, wear out some brake pads, and smoke some tires out there and have some fun I will be there mentally if not physically. :D

Sorry to hear the news, Good luck working all that out. We will take a lap around the track for you all. :D

Firme
09-28-2004, 09:27 AM

Rick, I am really sorry to hear about the troubles you are going through. Hope everything works out for you guys. We will tear it up for you man. Good luck getting everything, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Blownsvtlightning
10-04-2004, 05:12 PM
Sittin up here at work a little while ago, and the back parts counter guy hands me a piece of paper which turns out to be a flyer for the event. he said he got it from the phone room guy or a parts driver, so the advertising for the event is making its way around the dealer circuit here in Houston.... Just a little FYI if any of you were interested.....

Firme
10-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Sittin up here at work a little while ago, and the back parts counter guy hands me a piece of paper which turns out to be a flyer for the event. he said he got it from the phone room guy or a parts driver, so the advertising for the event is making its way around the dealer circuit here in Houston.... Just a little FYI if any of you were interested.....

Dang :eek: that is freaking awesome. I wonder how it got to Russell and Smith???

Thanks for letting us know James :thumbsup:

Mephisto
10-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Hey,

Who is going up on Friday night?

If I leave my car at the track, can someone with a tow vehicle drive me aorund town over this weekend?

Admiral
10-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Well, walked in tonight from work and the wife informed me that the Karate tournament was cancelled - I immediately got my kitchen pass reinstated.

If you guys still need instructors let me know, sorry for the on/off jerk around on this deal.

Firme
10-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Well, walked in tonight from work and the wife informed me that the Karate tournament was cancelled - I immediately got my kitchen pass reinstated.

If you guys still need instructors let me know, sorry for the on/off jerk around on this deal.

I am sure David will be more than happy when he hears the news and I am looking forward to seeing your AI beast in action

Codes
10-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Got the email today saying out reg had been received, I got the number I wanted 00! My dad is number 10 (as in 10th ann). We are really looking forward to it, on a side note, its in the shop for new belts and a new tensioner pulley (??)...I think. Bottom line, they have to order the parts from Denver. Out of the month and a half we have had the car, we have only been able to drive it for about 2 weeks...im getting peeved:mad:

JBoden
10-06-2004, 09:23 PM
You're not going to believe how much fun this is Cody :bounce: :bounce:

Codes
10-07-2004, 06:11 PM
You're not going to believe how much fun this is Cody :bounce: :bounce:
W00T!! Me and my Dad got our stuff today, we are both really excited. The SVTF is going in tomorrow to get inspected by a mechanic and the Cobra will go in once its out of the shop. I know yous guys told me to order the helmets off the net, but do you know of any places around town where I could buy some?? I would really like to try it on before I buy it. We are both really excited, and what time are we meeting up on Friday to cruise up there???:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Tobey
10-07-2004, 06:56 PM

Mike:
I'll be there on Saturday with the Pinto, trying not to be a roadblock. Swing by and say "hi" if you make it.

speederdoc
10-08-2004, 01:15 AM
OK, I'm signed up! Any word on the convoy meeting time from Houston, if still planned? I'm psyched about meeting y'all and learning how to drive faster.

Will they have helmets to borrow, or should I buy one beforehand?

WHoooop! (old Aggie here)

Admiral
10-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Mike:
I'll be there on Saturday with the Pinto, trying not to be a roadblock. Swing by and say "hi" if you make it.

Looking forward to it, I'll do my best to swing by and chat. I sure hope the Texas weather improves over what we currently have here in the Houston area.........

Firme
10-08-2004, 07:48 AM
OK, I'm signed up! Any word on the convoy meeting time from Houston, if still planned? I'm psyched about meeting y'all and learning how to drive faster.

Will they have helmets to borrow, or should I buy one beforehand?

WHoooop! (old Aggie here)

Jim J right?

Thanks for sighning up.

Stay tuned for the meeting time as we will throw up a thread for when everyone wants to meet.

Last year they had helmets, but if you plan on doing more events, it never hurts to get your own. Just make sure its an SA2000.

WA2FST4U
10-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Looking forward to it, I'll do my best to swing by and chat. I sure hope the Texas weather improves over what we currently have here in the Houston area.........Hey Guys/Gals!!!

Wow.. been a long time since I visited these boards. :D

Looks like I might be able to make it Sunday to help out (water boy, pep talks..etc.) :D

I will know more later on next week and will keep you posted.

Oh.. I guess I had better introduce myself. "Hi, my name is Eric and I have an addiction problem.....to speed." For many years going straight line seemed to be all I needed. Once I was introduced to the open track events, turning the wheel is a heck of a lot more fun! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to coming out and seeing/watching all the action. Hope to see you all soon.

Levi
10-08-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey Guys/Gals!!!

Looks like I might be able to make it Sunday to help out (water boy, pep talks..etc.) :D

Oh.. I guess I had better introduce myself. "Hi, my name is Eric and I have an addiction problem.....to speed." For many years going straight line seemed to be all I needed. Once I was introduced to the open track events, turning the wheel is a heck of a lot more fun! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to coming out and seeing/watching all the action. Hope to see you all soon.

Congrats on your 2004 CMC Championship. :thumbsup:
It will be good to see you again. :cool:

Stan

Firme
10-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey Guys/Gals!!!

ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen you since StangBang, June 2003 I still remember the blowout on the burnout contest

Eric used to be SCMC member back in the day :bounce:

Why don't you come out and run :D AI/CMC cars are always welcome :thumbsup: :cool:

I wish the Houston area AI/CMC guys would frequent our boards as much as the east coast AI guys..
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Codes
10-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Took my car in to have it inspected by a friend of ours today, glad I did. There were a few problems, I need some new tires and my oil was changed 8 1/2 weeks ago...not six. I am also going to get some new brake pads, I figure it will be better than changing them on site. We are still really looking forward to it, oh, and to the people that are planning...you might not be able to release this info, but...are their any SVT Contours attending?? I doubt there are, but I have yet to see a nice SVT Contour in this area and I think they look so nice in the pictures I see. Thanks...cant wait guys.

Edit: One more question, My rear tires are pretty much bald but my front ones are in decent shape (I just had them rotated)...If I got new ones for the back...would it decrease performance? In other words, should I just get new tires all around??

97CasperCobra
10-08-2004, 06:29 PM
My thoughts in Orange Cody....hope this helps. Looking forward to meeting you man. :thumbsup:

I am also going to get some new brake pads, I figure it will be better than changing them on site. always better to change them a little before the track event so they can seat properly on the rotor
are their any SVT Contours attending?? I doubt there are, but I have yet to see a nice SVT Contour in this area and I think they look so nice in the pictures I see.Not that I know of. The SVT Contours are one of my favorite cars even though the engines aren't that great
Edit: One more question, My rear tires are pretty much bald but my front ones are in decent shape (I just had them rotated)...If I got new ones for the back...would it decrease performance? In other words, should I just get new tires all around??I would stick with just getting 2 new tires now and see how bad you wear down your other two at the track. You probably won't wear them down too badly, if any at all

Admiral
10-09-2004, 08:03 AM
I can't find the rules for this event, saw a link to the TWS website on the flyer, but I can't seem to locate the rules page there. I'm getting questions about helmet ratings (Snell and SM/SA etc), what are the event rules on helmets and clothing required? Are we doing the long sleeve shirt/denim thing like other events? Sorry if I've missed something obvious..........

Help!

JBoden
10-09-2004, 09:14 AM
Questions are GOOD. :thumbsup:

The event rules are found via the following link:

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/TWS04/TWS_Events_Packet_04.pdf

SA 2000 helmets

Long-sleeve cotton shirts and long cotton pant are required.

Come on out

speederdoc
10-10-2004, 06:55 AM
Where should I go for the inspection? Could/would Jiffy Lube do it? :)

Where is a good place to purchase a helmet?

JBoden
10-10-2004, 08:50 AM
ProAm for helmets
6125 Richmond
713-781-7755
http://www.proamauto.com/default.htm

They always seem to have a decent inventory.

Also check with Modern Performance 9531 Townpark.
www.modernperformance.com

Most oil-change places do not have true mechanics but Just about any shop that does State safety inspections and has ASE mechanics will do a good job for you. You'll be glad you had this done.

See you on-track :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

coleman
10-10-2004, 10:55 AM
It'll be very tough, but I'm trying to make it out there for Sunday... but don't hold your breath!

93KingCobra
10-11-2004, 01:48 AM
Well I'm all siged up now I just have to get prepared...Hotel,Getting the car ready,Getting the car ready...Did I say get the car ready..

So with a brand new car (well 11,500 mile is still new to me) What should I do and who should do it? I would think getting the brakes checked out and flushed would be a good start.. But where to go? I guess that I can just take it to FORD?? Any other ideas? I do work alot so time is a factor plus location..

What about a helmet? I have a helmet that I used for drag racing but I painted it a while back and it does not have any stickers showing what it is(SA-2000) Is there anyone that would be kind enough to loan me one or should I make my way over to Pro-am..I really don't want to buy a helmet if I don't have to...($200) for a helmet was not in the budget plus I don't know if they would have it in stock..

Thanks
Phil

Firme
10-11-2004, 01:55 AM
Well I'm all siged up ..........................
Thanks
Phil

Well, for you, get the oil changed, check the brake pads, get the brakes flushed, and make sure the tires are in good shape.

As far as helmets go, if you have a SA2000, you are fine. The usually have something on the inside that indicate the type of helmet. If not, bring it Tuesday and we will take a look at it. You shouldn't have to buy a new one

93KingCobra
10-11-2004, 11:46 AM
Speaking of changing the oil you forgot to give it to me this weekend..

So should I take it to Ford or what??

03 cobra toy
10-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Well I'm all siged up now I just have to get prepared...Hotel,Getting the car ready,Getting the car ready...Did I say get the car ready..

The Man :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
10-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Quick question

My brothere and his friend want to come and watch. Is there a place for them to sit or do they need to bring portable chairs???? Is it free to watch?

Firme
10-11-2004, 05:41 PM
Quick question

My brothere and his friend want to come and watch. Is there a place for them to sit or do they need to bring portable chairs???? Is it free to watch?

Yes, it is free to watch, and maybe they can catch a few rides with the advanced groups. ;) They only have to sign the waver when they come into the facility at the gate (like HRP). There is limited seating out there, but it would be best for them to bring their own portable chairs.

See you out there.

Codes
10-11-2004, 08:42 PM
This isn't Cody, but I'm speaking on his behalf since his internet is down.
Anyway, he needs to know what time to meet on Friday. He can't make it Tuesday because he's getting ready for TWS. So, either firme or twicebitten, please bring the camera to TWS, and thanks very much.

JBoden
10-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Talking to Firme earlier today - 2:30 seems to be the right time to leave for College Station on Friday and I believe the plan is to meet in the 1960/290 area. Keep an eye on the boards for the late breaking news :eek:

We're leaving earlier in the day to get the TWS classroom set up and the hotel lobby set for registration.

See you there !!!!! :D :D :D

olchakla
10-11-2004, 10:50 PM
I am on for Sunday, just did my registration. How many are going this weekend? Any plans for Saturday night? I will be driving down after my grand daughters birthday party.

JBoden
10-11-2004, 10:59 PM
EXCELLENT Larry !!!!! We're planning a Drivers/Instructor Social at the hotel Saturday night. People can speak to instructors about the days event and ask any question they may have that they did not have time to discuss during the day. Drinks and snacks provided. Then people can just head out to dinner, or we can get a head count and all go somewhere to eat. ;)

It'll be good to see you again. You were amazing last year in the V6.

Admiral
10-12-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure yet but I was planning to bring the Motor Home and just stay at the track Friday night. If I do, I won't be at the Manor House for all of the festivities. Hope this doesn't cause a problem for registration, etc. Someone PM me if I need to change plans. If I don't bring the MH, I'll probably drive up early Saturday morning but still won't be getting a room at Manor House (I can drive home and sleep in my bed, lol).

03 cobra toy
10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure yet but I was planning to bring the Motor Home and just stay at the track Friday night. If I do, I won't be at the Manor House for all of the festivities. Hope this doesn't cause a problem for registration, etc. Someone PM me if I need to change plans. If I don't bring the MH, I'll probably drive up early Saturday morning but still won't be getting a room at Manor House (I can drive home and sleep in my bed, lol).

No problem Mike....

03 cobra toy
10-12-2004, 01:32 PM
:D :bounce: :bounce:

John Chingasos
10-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Can somebody please post directions?? Also, is there anyone leaving on Sunady morning to go to TWS??

Firme
10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Can somebody please post directions?? Also, is there anyone leaving on Sunady morning to go to TWS??

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/images/map2.gif

Go here to do directions

Directions (http://maps.yahoo.com/dd?&ed=AKqQ261v1Cy6kV0cX2lJXVNJZJ9AxCOR90F9mV8L3t2uoGe.uFxXssxWQhnj179ov92vVaJI4ws_j0LaAmRnwSIwqbCEst..h tegebvZ5kRsPwVTjiS5pw--&country=us&tcsz=College+Station+TX+77845&tcountry=us&tcs=9&tname=Texas+World+Speedway+Inc&tdesc=(979)+690-2500)

G-Z06
10-12-2004, 11:50 PM
I met with some of you guys tonight.

Great group of guys and outstanding looking mustangs.

Look forward to seeing some of those mustangs tear up TWS.

See ya Sat. Morning.

Cheers
G

Firme
10-13-2004, 01:13 AM
I met with some of you guys tonight.

Great group of guys and outstanding looking mustangs.

Look forward to seeing some of those mustangs tear up TWS.

See ya Sat. Morning.

Cheers
G

It was nice to meet you man. :thumbsup: You got a nice Z. Hope to see you and willie this weekend.

Edmond

jimmysidecarr
10-13-2004, 06:44 PM
It was nice to meet you man. :thumbsup: You got a nice Z. Hope to see you and willie this weekend.

Edmond

Ditto that!!!
Great talking to you!!!
that Z is sick!!!!
It sounds soooo nice...( a little loud ...yes)
And love the wheels!!!!
I'm a Ford guy but I love all Bada$$ American Iron!!!!

Codes
10-14-2004, 02:58 PM
:bounce: W00T. My intraweb is back up and running. Could who ever has my camera please please bring it to TWS. We are not going to convoy up there with you guys for work reason but will be leaving shortly after yall. I am really looking forward to it and both cars have been signed off and are ready to go. See you guys there.:bounce:

Twice Bitten
10-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Cody, I have your camera still. I will bring it with us Friday night. I Will meet up with you saturday morn. :thumbsup: :bounce:

Codes
10-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Cody, I have your camera still. I will bring it with us Friday night. I Will meet up with you saturday morn. :thumbsup: :bounce:
Thanks so much, are you not going to be at the early checkin and tech check? But yea, if I dont see ya today then definantly on sat. Be safe goin up there everyone, see you guys there.:bounce:

speederdoc
10-17-2004, 07:15 AM
What a super event that was. Thanks to everyone who organized it. I enjoyed meeting many of you, and can't wait for the next one.

Special thanks to my instructor, David M. - you are a brave man for riding with me without rollbars, and you taught me a lot. :thumbsup:

Now I can't decide whether to get an old Miata to set up as a dedicated track car, or put rollbars in my Cobra. Those Miatas were quick.

Firme
10-17-2004, 11:15 PM
What a super event that was. Thanks to everyone who organized it. I enjoyed meeting many of you, and can't wait for the next one.

Special thanks to my instructor, David M. - you are a brave man for riding with me without rollbars, and you taught me a lot. :thumbsup:

Now I can't decide whether to get an old Miata to set up as a dedicated track car, or put rollbars in my Cobra. Those Miatas were quick.

It was really nice to meet you man. :thumbsup: As I finally got Charlie Mathis (the intructor with the miata) to admit, they are not as fun on the track as the Mustangs :D

03 cobra toy
10-18-2004, 10:17 AM

It was nice meeting you also :thumbsup: Your a great driver!! I would go with a rollbar :D HP is lots of fun on the track.....