PDA

View Full Version : Shifter question

97whitevert
05-12-2004, 06:16 PM
What shifter do you reccommend for the 03? MIne is having a hard time going into 1st (of all things) and since it is a sloppy factory one anyway.... so which one??

Firme
05-12-2004, 07:07 PM
not an 03 owner but on the T-56, you can't go wrong with the Pro-5.0 copled with the MGW shifter handle.

You sound like you need a clutch quadrant also.

97whitevert
05-12-2004, 07:42 PM
mechanic said he didn't notice that... but.. you know how that goes... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ( this coming from the wife of a mechanic.... so i do know.. grrrrr)

smashedheadcat
05-13-2004, 11:04 PM
I've got the PRO- 5.0 Lisa, and I love it. Best shifter IMO. :)

NO 5 OH
05-14-2004, 02:03 AM
Another vote for the Pro 5.0... although for the love of God don't use the handle that comes with the shifter!! I put it on for like five minutes and then went over to the SVO's tranny and rogued the Tri-ax handle off it.

Firme is dead on using George's handle with this shifter. I drove a friend's Cobra with the exact same set-up and it's about as good as you can get :thumbsup:

Shannon

davelegguy
05-14-2004, 11:23 AM
I have the steeda shifter with the pro 5.0 handle. I also lock-tited all the fasteners and mating surfaces to make sure it all stays in place. It would be nice if 5.0 magazine did a comparison of all the shifters out there to get a subjective/objective analysis. I do get more tranny noise now but I read somewhere that if you put a sheet of stiff urethane between the shifter and transmission you can diminish the noise .

97whitevert
05-15-2004, 07:27 AM
thnaks guys i already know about the mgw handle!! i wan tto be sure the clutch is ok ( and then put the shifter in) looks like a pro 5.0 is the overwhleming favorite :thumbsup:

Red03
05-20-2004, 02:32 PM
One vote for the 5.0 :thumbsup:

97whitevert
05-20-2004, 04:25 PM
every time i try to word this in my head it sounds wrong ( just read dave's new terms...) but here goes- i want to try yours on sat., greg if i can... :D :D

Yellow03
06-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Definitely have the clutch quadrant looked at. A little while after I installed my Centerforce Dual-Friction, I had the same symptoms you mentioned (hard shifts all gears). Thought I had somehow botched the clutch install. Turns out the stock plastic quadrant was the culprit and the clutch cable wasn't self-adjusting. Replaced it with an aluminum Steeda kit (about $110). Also, my vote on the shifter is the Steeda Tri-ax...very smooth action.

Big Daddy
06-03-2004, 06:24 AM
every time i try to word this in my head it sounds wrong ( just read dave's new terms...) but here goes- i want to try yours on sat., greg if i can... :D :D

DANG, how did I miss the opportunity to reply to this??? If you want to play with my shifter Lisa I'll be glad to let you try it out!! :D ;) ;)