PDA

View Full Version : Problems

Jesse99
05-15-2004, 11:54 PM
Today I've been having all kinds of problems.. I hear a Clunk sound when I push and let go of the clutch (Drive line clank) And when I make a turn (Right or left) My rear wheels shake with a grind type sound at low speed.. Also I just had a new transmission put in a few weeks ago.. Any suggestion would help..

Firme
05-16-2004, 02:15 PM
Today I've been having all kinds of problems.. I hear a Clunk sound when I push and let go of the clutch (Drive line clank) And when I make a turn (Right or left) My rear wheels shake with a grind type sound at low speed.. Also I just had a new transmission put in a few weeks ago.. Any suggestion would help..

hmm, well our cars have a "clunk" from the factory that can remedied with a few different mods, so are you talking about the clunk is worse now?
Also when you make the turn, is it under acceleration? or just cruising?

Jesse99
05-16-2004, 02:35 PM
It sounds and feels like play in the driveline.. I drove the car today and it drove great.. but after driving to south arlington and back it started again.. the back wheels seem to shake with a grind type sound when I turn at low speed.. I'm stumped on this.. It only happens when I drive the car for about 20 min or more.. Could it be the gear oil? bad gears? I was under the car today after I got back.. and everything still looks good.. no wear, no strip sections, no loose nuts or bars, nothing...

("hmm, well our cars have a "clunk" from the factory that can remedied with a few different mods, so are you talking about the clunk is worse now?
Also when you make the turn, is it under acceleration? or just cruising?")

Yes it the clunk seems worse, but not by much.. and when I make the turn its while I'm under acceleration at low speed..

03 cobra toy
05-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I would change the Diff oil

Jesse99
05-16-2004, 03:03 PM
I would change the Diff oil
Any suggestion on oil type..

03 cobra toy
05-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Any suggestion on oil type..

I would get 3 qts.... :thumbsup:

http://www.bestsyntheticoil.com/amsoil/2000-75w-140.shtml

Firme
05-16-2004, 05:09 PM
I also use what David (03 Cobra Toy) suggested :thumbsup:

(don't forget the Friction Modifier additive, the one ford has is good)

Jesse99
05-16-2004, 07:22 PM
I also use what David (03 Cobra Toy) suggested :thumbsup:

(don't forget the Friction Modifier additive, the one ford has is good)
would any auto part store have this friction modifier or is it a special brand.. What type do you use..?

03 cobra toy
05-16-2004, 07:32 PM
would any auto part store have this friction modifier or is it a special brand.. What type do you use..?

No just Ford....

Jesse99
05-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks.. :thumbsup:

Jesse99
05-21-2004, 06:44 PM
Got my grear oil today.. went to the dealer and got the modifier.. Changed it all out.. Drove it today to Ft Worth.. Still the same thing but not as bad.. Very little shake.. I'm going to run it for a few days.. Anyway I ordered my 3.73 gears (Thanks for the link Edmond) They said it should be in, in a few weeks.. but I'm thinking now I may have to get a new Traction-loc differential.. Later