PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 5/17 Food and Coffeee!!

Firme
05-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Who's comming out? Where do you want to eat?

I have a craving for either Bw3, French Quarter, Tex Mex, or a new place to try :jk: what about you?

Food at 7

Starbucks at 8:30 (willowbrook, on 1960, east of 249 in the TGI Friday's Parking lot)

jimmysidecarr
05-17-2004, 01:26 PM
I'm in.......
I've got a really "Trick" 89 squire to show y'all.......LOL
Let's see .........tex/mex........ that could be about 50 different places within 5 miles from there...LOL
Let me know.... not fusy....cheap would be nice(thinks about deductable) :eek:
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Firme
05-17-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm in.......
I've got a really "Trick" 89 squire to show y'all.......LOL
Let's see .........tex/mex........ that could be about 50 different places within 5 miles from there...LOL
Let me know.... not fusy....cheap would be nice(thinks about deductable) :eek:
Jimmy :thumbsup:

Jimmy, there is a Mexican food restaurant on Cutten and 1960 (currect me if I'm wrong someone) called Tex/Mex... real good food..

I was leaning toward either that or BW3, but was wondering is anyone else had a preference or suggestion

John Chingasos
05-17-2004, 02:01 PM
I am in as long as it is no BW3, TEx-Mex, TGIF, etc.......has to be something totally new......................anybody have any suggestions ;)

Levi
05-17-2004, 02:52 PM
:thumbsup:

Blue Water Grill,,,,, I think thats what its called.

Firme
05-17-2004, 05:21 PM

Details (is this that cajun place Carl recommended?)

Twice Bitten
05-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Blue Water Grill most excellent...I think you all ate there before (redfish poboys?) but it is just EAST of Cutten on 1960, but before you get to Champions Forest. On the South side of 1960. Very close to Floyd's. :bounce:

Levi
05-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Details (is this that cajun place Carl recommended?)

Yes.

Blue Water Grill most excellent...I think you all ate there before (redfish poboys?) but it is just EAST of Cutten on 1960, but before you get to Champions Forest. On the South side of 1960. Very close to Floyd's. :bounce:

That's it.........Thanks.

03 cobra toy
05-17-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm out this week... :(

John Chingasos
05-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Does anybody like Thai?? There is a thai buffet place called Thai Spice on 1960 which is really good. Is there a decent vietnamese restaurant around???

Have you guys ever tried a vietnamese sandwhich?? Its pretty good....although I might have my son's t-ball game tomorrow so maybe next week?????? Any suggestions anyone :) ;)

msmap
05-17-2004, 07:32 PM
Good BBQ resturant up Cutten called County Line :thumbsup:

93KingCobra
05-17-2004, 07:36 PM

That's it but very little seating room and SLOW service....

BBQ sounds good :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
05-17-2004, 07:46 PM
In a shopping center on the north side of 1960, closer to Cutten than Blue Water (in same place as Discount Tire) there is a Ninfa's, Clementine's ("American food"), Saigon Palace (Chinese/Vietnamese) and Tubtim Siam (Thai/Vietnamese). Also Howling Coyote bar.

We live in Champions Park, at Cutten and 1960. We are really familiar with the restaurants in this area. County Line has lots of seating, won't be crowded Tues. night, decent BBQ, family atmosphere.

They are going to be opening a DoubleDave's Pizzaworks close by for future meets, for all you Aggies. The closest right now is Louetta/Stuebner Airline.

OK...note to self, don't post when hungry.

Firme
05-17-2004, 07:53 PM
hmm BBQ sounds good too..

msmap
05-17-2004, 08:07 PM
County Line also has a large parking lot with alot of Cobra parking places :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
05-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Good BBQ resturant up Cutten called County Line :thumbsup:
YES!!!!I love their baby back ribs!!! I love every thing they have!!!! :p :p :p

Carl G
05-17-2004, 09:45 PM
I vote for County Line,great food! :thumbsup:

Firme
05-17-2004, 11:15 PM
Country Line it is then :thumbsup:

Someone post up directions, or I will when I get chance if no one does.

Edmond

Josh968
05-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Have you guys ever tried a vietnamese sandwhich?? Its pretty good....although I might have my son's t-ball game tomorrow so maybe next week?????? Any suggestions anyone :) ;)

There was this strip joint in Honolulu, Saigon Palace, made a killer Vietnamese sammich. And it was open 'til 4, so we would go there after the other bars had closed for some late night sustenance.

I won't be out for dinner, bit I'll stop by after my match :blast:

msmap
05-17-2004, 11:55 PM
from 290 or 249, just take 1960 to Cutten. Turn left, go up about 1 mile and it is on the right. Log Cabin looking building set in the trees, big sign, can't miss it :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
05-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Not sure if I'm in or out.....I've got to work till 6, have a work meeting till 8 or 9 so we'll see. See if anyone wants to go cruising to Sam's parking lot this Sat or anything. I'm working the morning shift. :D

Levi
05-18-2004, 09:23 AM
Alrighty then,,,,,,,just stop it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I cant take it anymore,,,,,,,,,,I am so HUNGRY I could eat a horse.

I was going to say lets make a list of restaurants for our future events. But It looks like all we have to do is ask Larry. :rotf:

Mephisto
05-18-2004, 05:35 PM
I'm IN :D

Firme
05-18-2004, 05:37 PM
:drool:

already hungry

ZincYellowCobra
05-18-2004, 06:21 PM
I am one hungry woman -- but I don't think I can make it out. I am going to be stuck at work for a while. :(

Mephisto
05-18-2004, 06:46 PM
OK, I may be OUT! :(

My fan just exploded on my way home. Car started to overheat quickly.
Any ideas why this would happen? Looks the like outside has a crack clean through and rubbing major on radiator. Plan to go back and get it later and disconnect fan. Then nurse it to Planet Ford early AM.

Firme
05-18-2004, 06:48 PM
OK, I may be OUT! :(

My fan just exploded on my way home. Car started to overheat quickly.
Any ideas why this would happen? Looks the like outside has a crack clean through and rubbing major on radiator. Plan to go back and get it later and disconnect fan. Then nurse it to Planet Ford early AM.

WOW, that SUX!!!

You could always bring to SB and we can all stand around fixing it... but I guess its under warranty.. (dealerships should tow it in and give you a rental)

Hope you can still make it.

Twice Bitten
05-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Is it too late to change our minds? :eek:

93KingCobra
05-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Man that briskit was awsome(NOT). Just wanted to be the first to say that we should never go there again :mad:

msmap
05-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Man that briskit was awsome(NOT). Just wanted to be the first to say that we should never go there again :mad:

uh oh, what did I miss?

Twice Bitten
05-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Rachel's 2-pg letter to their Austin corporate office left in the mailbox today. We'll see what happens.

msmap
05-19-2004, 02:56 PM
Rachel's 2-pg letter to their Austin corporate office left in the mailbox today. We'll see what happens.

Great, so I reccomend a place to eat, not show up and miss whatever, huh? I take it the food was pretty much not up to par or was it the waitresses weren't cute enough! Tell me!

Firme
05-19-2004, 03:05 PM
Great, so I reccomend a place to eat, not show up and miss whatever, huh? I take it the food was pretty much not up to par or was it the waitresses weren't cute enough! Tell me!

The baby back ribs were TOP NOTCH, one of the best I have had. Problems lay elsewhere...

It took the waiter 30 minutes to take our order after they had brought the drink out...then he came back 15 minutes later telling everyone that they were completely out of Brisket. Then it took an additional 1:20-1:35 to get the food out to us, that was after we spoke to the manager and requested that they at least bring out the kids food since it was like 9 or something and the children were starvin, and needed to get home for the night. The manager also didn't really seem too symphatic, but he offered us desert on the house, although that was prolly the wrong jesture since everyone was in a hurry to get their checks pay and leave (some checks were also wrong, chargin for the kids meals when it was kids eat free night)

Edit: forgot, 10 minutes after telling us they were out of Brisket, the waiter came back and told us that they were out of Corn

msmap
05-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Wow, that sux big time! The food has always been great, glad that was ok. Too bad the waitstaff wasn't on their best behavior, that does tend to make for a bad experience :(

03 cobra toy
05-19-2004, 03:18 PM
The baby back ribs were TOP NOTCH, one of the best I have had. Problems lay elsewhere...

It took the waiter 30 minutes to take our order after they had brought the drink out...then he came back 15 minutes later telling everyone that they were completely out of Brisket. Then it took an additional 1:20-1:35 to get the food out to us, that was after we spoke to the manager and requested that they at least bring out the kids food since it was like 9 or something and the children were starvin, and needed to get home for the night. The manager also didn't really seem too symphatic, but he offered us desert on the house, although that was prolly the wrong jesture since everyone was in a hurry to get their checks pay and leave (some checks were also wrong, chargin for the kids meals when it was kids eat free night)

:eek: That sucks...

Twice Bitten
05-19-2004, 05:23 PM
They not only dropped the ball, they kicked it too. My letter was sincere, forthright and very descriptive. We'll see if they redeem themselves. When someone goes to the trouble to pen a complaint, the brass usually responds. Their food IS usually good, and everyone was starving by the time it arrived so I don't think it would have mattered at that point...but it was like the 3 Stooges with the manager leading the circus as far as service and wait time. Our poor waiter was actually scared to return to the table at the end of the show. The manager left him very exposed, and wanted sympathy for their internal malfunctions. Just a really bad night for them.

Levi
05-19-2004, 05:34 PM
After we had ordered food, the look on the waiters face was one of terror when he had to tell us about not having anymore brisket and then when he came back to tell us about not having anymore corn, it looked like he was ready to run away and hide.

bluethunder
05-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Damn- sounds Like I missed a great dinner! NOT!!!!!!

I cooked Fajatia's and they were done on time and they were great!!!!!! Just thought I'd share that with all of you.

Firme
05-19-2004, 07:02 PM
I cooked Fajatia's ...

:confused: are those like Fajitas at all?

03 cobra toy
05-19-2004, 10:23 PM
Damn- sounds Like I missed a great dinner! NOT!!!!!!

I cooked Fajatia's and they were done on time and they were great!!!!!! Just thought I'd share that with all of you.

WHAT A DI_K ! :D

Twice Bitten
05-19-2004, 10:40 PM
WHAT A DI_K ! :D

:lol: :lol:

Twice Bitten
05-19-2004, 11:57 PM
:confused: are those like Fajitas at all?

bluethunder :shtowned: by :edmond: :bump: in the SCMC spelling bee!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

bluethunder
05-20-2004, 09:05 AM
bluethunder :shtowned: by :edmond: :bump: in the SCMC spelling bee!!!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

Not funny- At least I got my food quick and it was good! How was that wait for what1 1/2 hours for no brisket or corn?

Levi
05-20-2004, 09:58 AM
:lol: :lol:

The pic in your avatar does not look like a pic from the tv show Happy Days, maybe it's from your Hippy Days or where you a flower child.. :rotf:

Mephisto
05-20-2004, 10:05 AM
:doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :doubt:

Not funny- At least I got my food quick and it was good! How was that wait for what1 1/2 hours for no brisket or corn?

It's fine to crack jokes, but the service was no joke when you have your 5 year old daughter with you, and they cannot provide even the kids meals in a reasonable time. I don't care out how long it took for my food, but not serving those kids is just not acceptable at all, and doesn't make me laugh.

It's clear that some of you people understand that, and some people don't.

My daughter was completely wiped out the whole next day.

bluethunder
05-20-2004, 11:04 AM
It's fine to crack jokes, but the service was no joke when you have your 5 year old daughter with you, and they cannot provide even the kids meals in a reasonable time. I don't care out how long it took for my food, but not serving those kids is just not acceptable at all, and doesn't make me laugh.

It's clear that some of you people understand that, and some people don't.

My daughter was completely wiped out the whole next day.

Calm down, Big man- Maybe you guys need to findout who picked that place and get him! Or better yet- Write a letter or call and voice your concerns with Management! Maybe another Manager will be more simpathetic to your needs and concerns!

Firme
05-20-2004, 11:20 AM
well, the people that are pissed have right to be, and people did write to managers/owners and are waiting to see what the response is. They are voicing their frustration and have every right to do so, no need to sit here and turn a bad experience into something else.

Twice Bitten
05-26-2004, 10:16 PM
**UPDATE** Yesterday I received a phone call from Bruce in the corporate office for County Line in Austin. He received the letter, and called to personally apologize for the episode. He had already been alerted by the restaurant management that the evening had gone particularly badly all around, and to possibly expect some complaints. Bruce was genuinely apologetic, said that their corporate management team was planning to visit the restaurant in the coming weeks, and asked whether we would ever consider returning. I, on behalf of the group, accepted his offer for some sort of compensatory gratuity. He was sending out a formal apology letter and certificate for free meals as of yesterday. I'll keep everyone posted on what arrives, and those who choose to give them another chance (specifically those who were at the restaurant that evening and I know who you are ;) ) will have dibs on the comp meals.

Rachel

93KingCobra
05-26-2004, 10:25 PM
**UPDATE** Yesterday I received a phone call from Bruce in the corporate office for County Line in Austin. He received the letter, and called to personally apologize for the episode. He had already been alerted by the restaurant management that the evening had gone particularly badly all around, and to possibly expect some complaints. Bruce was genuinely apologetic, said that their corporate management team was planning to visit the restaurant in the coming weeks, and asked whether we would ever consider returning. I, on behalf of the group, accepted his offer for some sort of compensatory gratuity. He was sending out a formal apology letter and certificate for free meals as of yesterday. I'll keep everyone posted on what arrives, and those who choose to give them another chance (specifically those who were at the restaurant that evening and I know who you are ;) ) will have dibs on the comp meals.

Rachel

That was very nice of them, I would like to give them another try B/C the food was GOOD just wish I had a chance to try the brisket!! I now most of my frustrations came from just poor service and that can put anyone over the edge..

Phil

Firme
05-26-2004, 10:29 PM
I would be up for giving em another go...

Carl G
05-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Way to go Rachel :thumbsup: l Im in for another try, I always liked their food.

Levi
05-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks Rachel, you did real good and yes I'll go back,,,,,,,,,,,,,I need brisket. :D

Mephisto
05-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Yes,

Thank you. I'm sure your letter was much better than anything I would have sent. I am happy to try again, I just don't think I'll bring kids next time.

John Chingasos
05-27-2004, 12:33 PM
I am also willing to give them a 2nd chance :D ;)

cobrapace94
05-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Rachel

Sounds like the restaurant already knew complaints were coming and gave the corporate office a warning to easy the shock.
Too bad the service was crappy. Bad service can ruin a good meal.

97CasperCobra
05-27-2004, 04:33 PM
I'd like to try the restaurant for the 1st time. :D

Twice Bitten
05-27-2004, 08:39 PM
I'd like to try the restaurant for the 1st time. :D

Were you there? Are you any where we are? Who are you? :D :D :D

Carl G
05-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Were you there? Are you any where we are? Who are you? :D :D :D
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D