PDA

View Full Version : something weird with 1st

svt99cobra
05-18-2004, 04:17 PM
hey every 1
well i went to the track this weekend and ran a 13.8, not good time for a mod 99 snake. when i went to launch the car from the line 1st gear shoot out at me like a bat out of helll i mean i was not even touching it. well it went in to neutral and lost me about 2 sec see that was my first run it was 15.4 the worst i have ever run. oh ya and i was at about 3300rpm when this happened.:mad: :thumbsup: :cool:

Firme
05-18-2004, 05:01 PM
doh :doh2:

do you have an aftermaket shifter? maybe the stops are set to far out.

The track has alot to do with it. :thumbsup:

I love HRP, I went 13.4 with my under powered (dyno'd low for an 01) 01 with a catback and road racing suspension.

ausie
05-19-2004, 07:14 AM
I have that same problem when launching with wheel spin. The extra grip on the track will cause first to jump out if you do not hold the stick in place. I have the stock shifter which I think may be the cause of it. Better luck nest time. 1rst gear is a touchy feely sort of thing when launching hard. :eek:

svt99cobra
05-20-2004, 06:43 AM
Well, I don't have an after market shifter, stock till I get some more money and all so I am now getting a very loud bong noise when I shift from 1st to 2nd some guy told me it was the power transfer to the rear wheels. When I get a change IM going to get this snake on a dyno and see what IM making, IM trying to get to 300rwhp.:chairshot :touche: :burnout: