PDA

View Full Version : Stealing Pearson's Thunder

b_tone
05-24-2004, 09:44 AM
I had a horrible weekend at the Putnam Park race that included a DNF (while running in 3rd) as a result of a $80 part going in the crapper and getting beat by Luna. (in the rain). I'll let you fools laugh and jab but there are legitimate reasons it happened.

I can admit his only because it takes satisfaction away from Pearson by saying it first.

The floor is now open:

BT

Black Horse
05-24-2004, 09:56 AM
You forgot to mention looping the car on the pace lap... *wink*

b_tone
05-24-2004, 10:00 AM
You forgot to mention looping the car on the pace lap... *wink*

Completely un-drivable.....

b_tone
05-24-2004, 10:14 AM
. .

SIUNARA
05-24-2004, 10:37 AM
Were you running AI or AI/X?

b_tone
05-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Were you running AI or AI/X?

I am running AI this year in Wilsons car. Are you coming up to Beaver Run?

SIUNARA
05-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Were you 3rd to the guys that finished the race first and second when you went out?

I may be at BeaveRun on Saturday...not Sunday...I got tickets to the Dover (Nascar) race before they made BeaveRun a joint event. I'd much rather watch an AI race than a Nascar race, but I committed to taking a friend that's never been to a race before. Should just sell the tickets, come out to BeaveRun and use the $84 on a nice dinner and some adult beverages and go home with money in my pocket.

johnbasf
05-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Oh what a weekend!!! Videos up soon. I hope Tom Lewis is ready because a LOT of people passed Tone. :D

johnbasf
05-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Congrats to Beau on his third place finish on Sat. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

johnbasf
05-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Oh yea, Tone finished 11th Sat. and last Sun. :spank2:

b_tone
05-24-2004, 01:21 PM
Oh what a weekend!!! Videos up soon. I hope Tom Lewis is ready because a LOT of people passed Tone. :D

Are you going to post the video where I was catching Beau even with my engine cutting out....no you'll probably post the vids of me spinning on the warm up lap.... ;)

wildhorsesracin
05-24-2004, 03:17 PM
no you'll probably post the vids of me spinning on the warm up lap.... ;)

WOOHOO!

I can't WAIT to see these! :thumbsup:

b_tone
05-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I can't wait to see these! :thumbsup:

Neither can I. It literally caught me so off gaurd I was shocked to see the entire field coming towards me.

Including the spin in Nashville I have now spun more times in 3 month in wilson's car then I have spun in my car in 3 years.....it's voodoo I tell ya!

SIUNARA
05-24-2004, 05:30 PM
"it's voodoo I tell ya!"

Is that Griggs new marketing slogan? ;)

BOC- Beau
05-24-2004, 05:42 PM
It was a very well executed, text book spin. I don't know if John got it on film or not. I guess time will tell. I can't rib you on this though Tone, because the same place got me in lap 1. To all of you OH/IN guys, I had a great time racing with all of you. It was amazing how close the bulk of the AI field was in the Sunday qualifing. If it hadn't rained we would have had a great race on Sunday

98banana
05-25-2004, 07:10 AM
Send them on John... I've got 30GB of bandwidth just begging to show Tone to the world!!! :D

johnbasf
05-25-2004, 08:56 PM
I loaded up Tom's e-mail!!!! :D

98banana
05-26-2004, 07:44 AM
I loaded up Tom's e-mail!!!! :D
Oh my damn! Did he ever... LOL!

Give me a few minutes to go get a Mountain Dew for this mountain of a job and I'll post a link when I'm done...

b_tone
05-26-2004, 08:27 AM
Oh my damn! Did he ever... LOL!

Give me a few minutes to go get a Mountain Dew for this mountain of a job and I'll post a link when I'm done...

So where is this at? I want to see the video clips that Pearson picked to show :mad:

Tom get moving on this....

98banana
05-26-2004, 08:43 AM
So where is this at? I want to see the video clips that Pearson picked to show :mad:

Tom get moving on this....

They are pretty funny... it's uploading now. FrontPage says 13 more minutes...

www.bananamotorsports.com/Movies/PutnamPark/putnampark.htm

b_tone
05-26-2004, 08:44 AM
They are pretty funny... it's uploading now. FrontPage says 13 more minutes...

www.bananamotorsports.com/Movies/PutnamPark/putnampark.htm

Did you bleep out my comments when I was getting frustruated? If no you may want to add a parental advisory: Explicit Lyrics sticker.... :D

98banana
05-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Did you bleep out my comments when I was getting frustruated? If no you may want to add a parental advisory: Explicit Lyrics sticker.... :D
It's there. I put a big NSFW corner carvers style on it. :) I felt your pain though man. (10 more minutes...)

svt_coupe
05-26-2004, 08:48 AM
This outta be good...

b_tone
05-26-2004, 08:49 AM
For the record, the cause of the engine quitting was a faulty fuel pressure regulator. After changing the pump and checking the fuel filter we found another regulator and swapped them out. I would like to thank Pearson for simply walking away when I started taking the intake off and saying "good luck, I'm going to dinner. See you in the morning" What a pal.... :)

98banana
05-26-2004, 08:57 AM
For the record, the cause of the engine quitting was a faulty fuel pressure regulator. After changing the pump and checking the fuel filter we found another regulator and swapped them out. I would like to thank Pearson for simply walking away when I started taking the intake off and saying "good luck, I'm going to dinner. See you in the morning" What a pal.... :)
But it was still funny as hell!

Oh yeah, it's finished uploading, so have at it...

justagt
05-26-2004, 09:06 AM
I would like to thank Pearson for simply walking away when I started taking the intake off and saying "good luck, I'm going to dinner. See you in the morning" What a pal.... :)

I thought I taught him better than that. And to think he wanted to become a pushrod guy.....

Black Horse
05-26-2004, 10:00 AM

That's not exactly the whole story....seems to me I recall John making that statement right after Brian said "I don't work on them, I just drive them".
;) :bawling:

b_tone
05-26-2004, 10:02 AM
That's not exactly the whole story....seems to me I recall John making that statement right after Brian said "I don't work on them, I just drive them".

Right....Did you get a stud so that you can come up to BR and finish what you started at putnam?

Black Horse
05-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Ordered a whole set to get me through the next couple of events (Lets hope it was a freak thing not an indication of other issues).

If all of the rocker geometry checks out and the parts arrive by Friday I should be running by Monday. Not making any promises for Beaverun...sure would like to finish the comp. liscense!

b_tone
05-26-2004, 11:43 AM
sure would like to finish the comp. liscense!

I offered you my car for that....

johnbasf
05-26-2004, 05:47 PM

I believe his exact words were "I'm a chassis guy not an engine guy". I'm less than that Tone. :D

johnbasf
05-26-2004, 05:56 PM
I think I was VERY fair to you Tone.

"Make a Wish". The older fellow in the video was a Hospice patient. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when they came into the pits. "Make a Wish" did an awesome job getting him on track. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
05-27-2004, 12:22 AM

"Make a Wish". The older fellow in the video was a Hospice patient. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when they came into the pits. "Make a Wish" did an awesome job getting him on track. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great Vids John! The terminal cancer patient looked like he had a blast. Always good to see a smile on the face of someone who's going through so much pain. :thumbsup:

Craig

b_tone
05-27-2004, 08:17 AM

sure you were john. It's okay, i'll remember this for another time.

mwilson7
05-27-2004, 08:29 AM
[QUOTE=johnbasf]I think I was VERY fair to you Tone.QUOTE]

sure you were john. It's okay, i'll remember this for another time.

John,

Don't worry about Brian as he is alot like my 2 year old. If they are mad at you wait 5 minutes and your their best friend!

Although I would like to see the part where Brian is catching them with a hesitating motor.......

johnbasf
05-27-2004, 05:47 PM
John,

Don't worry about Brian as he is alot like my 2 year old. If they are mad at you wait 5 minutes and your their best friend!

Although I would like to see the part where Brian is catching them with a hesitating motor.......

I'm going to make a copy and send it to you guys. :thumbsup:

johnbasf
05-31-2004, 02:40 PM
I really hate to say it but Tone was kicking butt during that Sat. race. He fell back when the car acted up. He then caught the top five even with the car missing. Nice job Tone.

b_tone
05-31-2004, 07:53 PM
I really hate to say it but Tone was kicking butt during that Sat. race. He fell back when the car acted up. He then caught the top five even with the car missing. Nice job Tone.

Thanks John, your check is in the mail..... :D

98banana
06-15-2004, 06:07 PM
There's an update to the video page with a clip that John sent for for Gene Borton for anybody interested... it's at the bottom of the page...

http://www.bananamotorsports.com/Movies/PutnamPark/putnampark.htm

johnbasf
06-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Before Tone gets upset at me I'll explain. Gene asked me if I had any video of his car, I did. :thumbsup: